[Alert] Blood Pressure Drugs Turning DEADLY
If you’ve been diagnosed with high blood pressure, your doctor has probably told you how quickly it can kill you.
It increases your risk for heart disease… stroke… Alzheimer’s… and even kidney problems.
But here’s what most doctors DON’T tell you.
Your blood pressure drugs could kill you, too.
In fact, there are two blood pressure meds that could be slowly destroying your heart.
And they may be sitting in your medicine cabinet right now.
A new study, presented at the American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions, found that people taking two classes of blood pressure medications were at higher risk of dying from heart conditions.
The drug classes in question?
Alpha blockers and Alpha-2 agonists.
By taking these drugs – to supposedly lower your blood pressure – you are putting yourself at risk of heart disease.
What’s even crazier? The two classes work completely differently:
Alpha blockers (drugs like Doxazosin (Cardura), Prazosin (Minipress), and Terazosin) work by dilating the blood vessels.
Alpha-2 agonists (drugs like methyldopa, Clonidine, and Guanfacine) work by targeting the sympathetic nervous system, thereby reducing blood vessel constriction.
Taking any of those drugs can hurt your heart.
Here is what I think we are learning: Unnaturally dropping blood pressure does nothing for your health.
Let me show you how to lower your blood pressure, naturally.
Dr. Scott’s Blood Pressure Control Program:
- Exercise: Consistent, good exercise is one of your best tools for keeping your blood pressure low.
- Nitrates: They do many amazing things in our bodies like: lowering blood pressure, increasing athletic endurance, enhancing sexual performance, and slowing the progression of dementia. You can get nitrates from beets, citrulline (an amino acid), and other foods.
- Control blood sugar: Try berberine, curcumin, and chromium to help keep blood sugar under control.
- CoQ10: This antioxidant/enzyme is found throughout our bodies and is used for energy production. Since our heart is one of the most energy-hungry organs in our bodies, it needs CoQ10. CoQ10 has been shown to lower inflammation, reduce blood clots, lower blood pressure, and help prevent skipped beats.
- Antioxidants: There are many antioxidants to choose from like vitamins A, C, E, and others, but I prefer the plant phytonutrients such as carotenoids, polyphenols, and flavonoids for great antioxidant protection. Examples include: green tea extract (called EGCG or epigallocatechin gallate), red wine extract (resveratrol), pycnogenol, olive leaf extract, curcumin, and others.
- Potassium and magnesium: Potassium is needed throughout your body, but especially in your heart. You can supplement with potassium, but it’s better to eat high-potassium foods. Magnesium relaxes blood vessels. I prefer magnesium that comes as an amino acid chelate such as magnesium glycinate.
- Fish oil: EPA/DHA found in fish oil have long been shown to be heart healthy and help to manage blood pressure. Take between one to three grams a day.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It’s like clockwork. Every couple years Big Pharma introduces some “breakthrough” cancer treatment that’s supposed to change everything. They raved about chemo… endorsed radiation… even pushed dangerous surgeries. But all of these treatments end in life-change side effects… and you still have CANCER. Now, they are pushing a new type of treatment. And it might be the...
If you have diabetes, you already know that taking insulin is the WORST part of managing this disease. The constant finger pricks and painful injections are enough to drive your mad. And the worst part? It doesn’t really work. As a doctor, I can tell you that putting more insulin into a body that already...
We all want to live long, healthy lives. But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL. Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time. And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term. But if you want REAL results, there’s...
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...