How Much Sleep Do Seniors REALLY Need? (SHOCKING)
I have a few teenagers in my house and they sleep more than I can possibly imagine.
And that’s the way it should be. They need that extra rest to help develop their maturing brains and bodies.
We all recognize that our kids (or grandkid) need a lot of sleep in order to be happy and content, but we tend to ignore how much sleep we need.
Well, that needs to change.
Because new research shows that seniors need good quality sleep…and lots of it.
Especially, if they want to live long and healthy lives.
According to experts at the National Sleep Foundation, older adults have a different perception of sleep.
Older adults don’t think they need as much sleep as they grow older – because old people don’t sleep well.
But that view is plain wrong: a lot of good research shows we all need more sleep than we think.
Here is what lack of sleep can:
- Alter your heart functions
- Increase your risk of diabetes and obesity
- Cause memory problems and moodiness
- And even slow down your metabolism.
And there are even more problems as you age because older people who do sleep 8 hours, get poor-quality sleep.
So, seniors, you need a minimum of 8 hours of sleep every night… and you need that sleep to be good quality sleep.
You know you’re not getting enough sleep when you feel moody, or anxious, or you are falling asleep during the day.
Here’s what to do if you’re not getting enough sleep…
Dr. Scott’s Senior Sleep Solutions
- Sleep in a dark room, use white noise like a fan or sound machine.
- Try to go to bed at the same time every night.
- Get off your screens (all of them) at least an hour or more before going to sleep – the light screen emit can alter your sleep pattern.
- Good exercise makes your body more restful at night. If you can, exercise hard during the day – the harder the better.
- Replace your coffee with green tea. Green tea contains an amino acid called theanine that helps keep you calm and improves sleep.
- Melatonin is the best natural substance to get your circadian cycle back on track. You can get this in supplement form from your local pharmacy.
- There are great herbs to calm you down and help you get a good night’s sleep, including lemon balm, hops, passionflower, and chamomile.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the real cause of your numbness and tingling.
Dr. Scott Olson tells you how to get the best sleep of your life.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about PSA screenings.
There are some diseases that hit you light lightning. One day you are fine and then… WHAM! The next day you are sick and miserable. But there are many diseases take a long time to fully set in. Diabetes is one of those diseases. And it even gives you plenty of warning signs. But you...
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to STOP Alzheimer’s in just two minutes a day!