Send Food Cravings PACKING
Over the years, you’ve probably heard that just about everything can cause you to gain weight.
Mainstream health “experts” have blamed those extra pounds on your low metabolism… the foods you eat… and even cycles of the moon….
Yet, no one mentions one of the most common reason for weight gain: food cravings.
If you’ve ever found yourself in a drive-thru line late at night… ordering a plate of nachos with extra cheese… you know what I’m talking about.
Fortunately, there’s a way to STOP these powerful cravings… SHED the weight.
Let me show you.
Answer this simple question: do you often make a special trip to a store to buy a food because you couldn’t get it out of your mind?
Instead of seeing cravings as something out of control, it might help you to know that food cravings are your body’s attempt to reach out and get you to put the right nutrients in your body.
You see, many cravings are a cry for help from your body. It’s letting you know that you are seriously lacking several key vitamins nutrients or minerals.
These cravings regulate your appetite, your mood, your hunger levels – and even the gas pedal as you drive to the pick-window.
Part of problem is that our bodies misinterpret what are body is crying out for.
One way to stop craving is to make sure your body’s basic nutritional needs are met.
Here are the most common deficiencies and what you can do about it:
- Calcium. Of course, we need calcium for strong bones, for nerve impulses, blood clotting, and to keep your heart pumping. You know you need more calcium if you find yourself craving sodas, carbonated drinks, and even dairy. I’m not a big fan of supplementing with calcium, I prefer you find your calcium in dark leafy greens, broccoli, Brazil nuts, almonds, and foods like salmon and tuna.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is a relaxing mineral. Studies show up to 80% of us don’t get enough. If you have intense cravings for sugar, or feel tired and sore, you may need more magnesium. Supplementing with magnesium is probably your best bet; I prefer a magnesium called magnesium malate.
- Zinc. There are at least 3000 different proteins in your body and more than 200 different enzymes that needs zinc in order to function correctly. You know you have a zinc deficiency if you experience stomach problems, low moods, or you take antacids
- Omega 3s. Our bodies cannot make essential fatty acids, so we need to get them on our diet. Most people who are deficient of Omega 3s have a craving for sweet and fatty foods such as cheese and carbohydrates. Omega 3s are another must–supplement nutrient.
- Vitamin B 12. Roughly 25% of Americans are deficient in vitamin B 12. This vitamin is associated with memory, mood, energy, and red blood cell health. People are deficient when they feel tired or you’re craving meat, suffer from anemia, or find yourself bruising easily.
- Folic acid. Folic acid is a vitamin necessary to support heart health, cellular health, and brain health. People who are deficient in folate have a history of heart disease, fatigue, low energy and changes in mood and irritability.
- Vitamin D. The sunshine vitamin is important for bones, and good moods. Up to 70% of us are deficient in Vitamin D. You know you’re deficient in Vitamin D if you get sick a lot, have back pain, or you are moody.
This just scratches the surface: it is a good idea to choose a good multivitamin to ensure you cover your nutritional deficiencies.
P.S. Constant food cravings can often lead to one, challenging result: you need to lose a few poundsWell there’s an easy eating trick that can help you drop a few numbers on the scale and also put you back in control of your blood sugar, heart health, and more! Read more about it in this article.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Slash Your Risk for THIS Painful Diabetic Nerve Condition
Diabetes is HARD on seniors. Sure, younger people can also develop diabetes-linked kidney disease, heart disease, or even brain problems. But when you mix high blood sugar with advanced age, all those conditions tend to progress faster and become more severe. Case in point: peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy occurs when blood sugar levels rise and...
Surprising Walking Benefits REVEALED
We live in a fast-paced society. And we’re expected to keep the pedal to the metal at work and fill the little leisure time we allow ourselves with as many activities as possible… We demand a 24/7 news cycle, instant updates on our phones, and lightning-fast internet speeds… In a culture where most people judge...
Your Sleep Habits Can Damage THIS Organ [ALERT]
I’m a sleep evangelist. Because getting quality sleep is CRITICAL for good health. You simply can’t have one without the other. In fact, regularly missing out on a good night’s sleep raises your risks for heart issues, mood disorders, weight gain, blood sugar irregularities, and brain problems. Bur new research raises a red flag about...
MAILBAG: Ease Annoying Allergy Symptoms
“My allergies have been so terrible the last few weeks and my allergy medicine isn’t really doing anything. What can I do?” – Darlene from Chesapeake, Virginia Hi Darlene, There are two steps I typically recommend to tackle troublesome allergies. The first is to focus on nutrients. Begin by getting enough magnesium, folic acid, and carotenoids...
Drug Company FAILS to Respond to Heartburn Drug Risk
Type the word “Zantac” into any search engine, and the first thing likely to come up is “Zantac lawsuit.” And the reason WHY people are suing the drug’s maker, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is a twisted tale that’ll turn your stomach… The drug company allegedly took a page straight out of big tobacco’s playbook. And as a...
"Splash Hack" DOUBLES the Benefits of Your Morning Brew
I love coffee. I roast my own beans. I have a fancy coffee maker. The WHOLE nine yards. Of course, I love the bright, bitter punch of flavor I get in every sip. And there’s nothing like the jump-start coffee gives my brain in the morning. But I also know that coffee has bunches of...
Ocean Organism KILLS Resistant Cancer Cells
Cancer treatments essentially come in two “flavors.” There are the sickening meds that poison the cancerous cells (and sometimes the healthy ones, too), like chemotherapy. Or there are the physical “slash and burn” options such as surgery and radiation. There are times that either or both might be necessary. But let’s face it, cancer treatments...
Nutrient Fix for Deadly "Orphan Condition"
Venous thromboembolism is what I call an “orphan condition.” The chances are high that you’ve never even heard of it before. But we should discuss it more often because it’s underdiagnosed, SERIOUS, and preventable. A (VTE) happens when a blood clot forms in a vein. When that clot is in a DEEP vein (usually in...
"Liquid Gold" Packs a Powerful Healing Punch
Bone broth has popped up on grocery store shelves nationwide in the last few years. And I couldn’t be happier about it! I love to drink bone broth. But I used to have to make my own “liquid gold.” And to be honest… it’s time-consuming. Now, you can pop down to your local supermarket and...
Diabetes Risk PLUMMETS with THIS Vitamin
I’ve got to be honest with you. When it comes to health, the future is looking a bit grim. If you’re no spring chicken, a tsunami of poor health could be headed your way. Recent research has found that 25 percent of people over 65 ALREADY have diabetes. But it gets worse. Over 50 percent...