Toss That Asthma Inhaler for Good!
If you have asthma, you know how it can control your life.
You’re living in constant fear of the next attack… or the next trip to the emergency room.
How would you like a 30% drop in asthma attacks?
Or a 50% drop in trips to the ER?
Believe it or not, it’s all possible.
But first you need to forget everything we’ve been told about asthma.
Asthma is a dangerous disease.
One in 12 people have it, and the numbers are skyrocketing.
You have about a 50% chance (57% chance for children) of going to the ER every year if you have asthma.
Not being able to breathe is a horrible, scary feeling. So, while I would never recommend tossing your inhaler (it is good to have for emergencies), there is a lot you can do to reduce your use of your inhaler (and your trips to the hospital).
A new study in the journal, Lancet, shows how you can cut your trips to the hospital by half by simply taking Vitamin D–a supplement you should be taking anyway.
While doctors are a bit puzzled by how Vitamin D works for asthma patients, they know it plays a key role in reducing inflammation and improving your immune system (both are important for controlling asthma).
But don’t stop at Vitamin D — there is much more you can do to reduce the risk of bad asthma episodes.
Dr. Scott’s Healthy Lung Program:
- Carotenoids and other phytonutrients are great for the lungs and help to reduce oxidant damage. You can find phytonutrients in fruits, vegetables, and (my favorite) superfoods blends. I take Spectrum Elite from Gold Leaf Nutritionals every day.
- Magnesium is a well-known deficiency in people with asthma. I suggest 400-800 milligrams of an absorbable magnesium (such as magnesium citrate, magnesium glycinate, or a magnesium amino acid chelate.)
- Vegetables are especially important for people with asthma. Choose lots of cruciferous veggies (bok choy, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale, radish, turnips, watercress) and garlic and onions.
- Probiotics (healthy gut bacteria) are important to overall health and the health of the immune system. Many studies have shown how taking probiotics can reduce the incidence of asthma.
- Anti-inflammatories: asthma is an inflammatory disease. Fight this with one to three grams of omega-3 fatty acids, curcumin, Boswellia, and an anti-inflammatory diet.
- Eat well: Avoid processed foods, trans fats, and too many sugars.
Asthma is a horrible disease that causes a lot of pain and suffering.
You can avoid much of this suffering by taking care of yourself and taking the right nutrients.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It’s not the foundation of youth… but it may be the next best thing. Research proves that a simple vitamin can slow the aging process and add quality years to your life.
The government and health groups have been scaring people away from salt for years. But salt holds the key to protecting your health – and even extending your life.
Nobody should have to live with Parkinson’s disease – and you don’t have to. Follow my plan to slash your Parkinson’s risk.
Drug companies have been pushing risky diabetes meds for years – and the disease hasn’t slowed down one bit. Here’s how to start naturally reversing diabetes before it’s too late.
Big Pharma is in a campaign of denial about proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). But the evidence is clear – they do permanent harm to your brain.
Most men with prostate cancer are steered toward aggressive surgery. But guys who have been through the ordeal wish they hadn’t – and say they’d never do it again.
Even mainstream doctors are catching on to the wonders of vitamin D. But the advice they’re handing out is wrong… and harmful.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret poison leaking in your kitchen and what you can do to stop it.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the truth about blood pressure medication, and how Big Pharma is profiting off of it.