5 EASY Ways to Live Longer
We all want to live long, healthy lives.
But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL.
Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time.
And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term.
But if you want REAL results, there’s another way.
You see, there’s really only five science-based things that will give you a long, healthy life.
And you won’t believe how easy they are.
A new study from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, repeated what we have known about longevity for years.
In the study, American men and women who did these five things were the healthiest:
- Ate healthy food
- Maintained a healthy weight
- Drank alcohol moderately
- And didn’t smoke.
In fact, some of these folks were 82% less likely to die from heart disease and 65% less likely to die from cancer.
So, let’s define what each of those means:
- Eat Healthy: This means a diet of mostly good proteins (meats and nuts) and vegetables. And cutting back on sugar (including some fruits like grapes) and processed foods.
- Exercise: You should be doing some exercise every day. This can be as simple as walking, but can include biking, yoga or swimming. Try to exercise for about a half hour a three times a week.
- Healthy Body Weight: This may be the hardest one to say simply, but weight loss comes from eating healthy and keeping your muscle mass. So, this will come naturally if you’re doing the first two actions in this list.
- Moderate Alcohol: This means about 1-2 drinks daily.
- No Smoking: If you’re trying to quit, talk to your doc about natural options like acupuncture or supplements.
These nutrients also help:
- Curcumin is an extract of Turmeric. It is anti-inflammatory and provides good antioxidant protection.
- Fish oils are essential fatty acid that most people reading this are not getting. Make sure you supplement if you are not eating fish 2-3 times a week.
- Polyphenols are phytonutrients found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Most people are not getting enough of these either.
- Vitamin E, Selenium, CoQ10, Astaxanthin
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
View More Free Articles
I spent an hour cleaning my desk before sitting down to write this week’s articles. It’s incredible how having some order clears your mind and lifts your mood. In fact, the stress-relieving benefits of decluttering have even been studied… When a group of researchers asked women how messy they thought their homes were, the ones...
When someone you love is battling Alzheimer’s, it’s heartbreaking. You want to do everything possible to ensure they live the happiest and most fulfilled life possible. And yet, all too often, you’re left feeling helpless in the face of overwhelming symptoms that threaten to destroy their quality of life. One of the MOST disturbing for...
“Why does chemo also destroy good cells?” Martha from Kansas City, MO Hi Martha, We tend to think of “chemotherapy” as a single treatment. But the truth is, there are various types of chemotherapies. And they work in different ways. In general, chemotherapy destroys healthy cells, not just the cancerous ones, because it’s a non-specific or...
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...