5 EASY Ways to Live Longer
We all want to live long, healthy lives.
But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL.
Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time.
And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term.
But if you want REAL results, there’s another way.
You see, there’s really only five science-based things that will give you a long, healthy life.
And you won’t believe how easy they are.
A new study from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, repeated what we have known about longevity for years.
In the study, American men and women who did these five things were the healthiest:
- Ate healthy food
- Maintained a healthy weight
- Drank alcohol moderately
- And didn’t smoke.
In fact, some of these folks were 82% less likely to die from heart disease and 65% less likely to die from cancer.
So, let’s define what each of those means:
- Eat Healthy: This means a diet of mostly good proteins (meats and nuts) and vegetables. And cutting back on sugar (including some fruits like grapes) and processed foods.
- Exercise: You should be doing some exercise every day. This can be as simple as walking, but can include biking, yoga or swimming. Try to exercise for about a half hour a three times a week.
- Healthy Body Weight: This may be the hardest one to say simply, but weight loss comes from eating healthy and keeping your muscle mass. So, this will come naturally if you’re doing the first two actions in this list.
- Moderate Alcohol: This means about 1-2 drinks daily.
- No Smoking: If you’re trying to quit, talk to your doc about natural options like acupuncture or supplements.
These nutrients also help:
- Curcumin is an extract of Turmeric. It is anti-inflammatory and provides good antioxidant protection.
- Fish oils are essential fatty acid that most people reading this are not getting. Make sure you supplement if you are not eating fish 2-3 times a week.
- Polyphenols are phytonutrients found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Most people are not getting enough of these either.
- Vitamin E, Selenium, CoQ10, Astaxanthin
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
View More Free Articles
You know what the world DOESN’T need? A new pill for diabetes. But Big Pharma – and the FDA – don’t agree. The FDA just approved a new pill to lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. But there’s a HUGE problem with this new drug… it CAUSES CANCER. Here’s how to stay...
As you age, it can seem like your metabolism comes to a screeching halt. And when it does, your energy tanks… and you start packing on the pounds. Even worse? You could find yourself on the fast track to dangerous diseases like diabetes and heart disease. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Because...
If you or your loved one has Alzheimer’s, you’d probably do just about anything to reverse the disease. That’s why it’s easy to submit when your mainstream doc suggests taking meds. The only problem? There’s not a single Alzheimer’s drug on the market that actually WORKS. And if that’s bad enough… research now shows that...
If you’ve got cancer, the only thing on your mind is surviving it. But the mainstream makes that difficult at every turn. The chemo… radiation… and even “safe” immunotherapies all come with a price. Now it looks like a popular class of conventional drugs can sabotage your chances of surviving cancer. And chances are you’ve...
You know those red lights that pop us on your car’s dashboards? They’re signs that somethings wrong with your car. Well, your body has the same type of warning system. And if you’re a man of 50, you shouldn’t be looking for a red light… Instead, you should be calling the doctor if you’re having...
If you’re like most of my senior patients, you’ve probably lost count of the number of times you’ve walked into a room… and totally forgot why you went in there in the first place. Or had to drive BACK to the grocery store for that one forgotten item. But most mainstream brain health solutions are...
If you’re anything like my senior patients, your biggest fear is losing your memories… and independence. And why shouldn’t it be? No one wants to saddle their family with the cost and stress of taking care of them as they grow older. But it seems like the mainstream is hell bent on seeing this happen...
As you age, keeping your brain in tip-top shape should be your most important health goal. Because without a healthy brain, you will slowly lose your memories… your health… and your independence. But your mainstream doc is NO HELP. He’ll just put you on a strict diet and give you a bunch of nasty, worthless...
If you’re anything like my senior patients, you’d do just about anything to live longer. That’s why you have up smoking… never skip your daily walk… and try to eat more veggies. But as it turns out there’s a certain drink you also NEED to avoid to stay out of an early grave. Your mainstream...
There’s all kinds of advice out there on the best way to get the most out of your workout. You know… post-exercise protein shakes… drinking water… and taking supplements. But what you don’t hear about is what you SHOULD’NT do after a workout. As it turns out there’s one weird thing you should avoid at...