5 EASY Ways to Live Longer
We all want to live long, healthy lives.
But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL.
Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time.
And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term.
But if you want REAL results, there’s another way.
You see, there’s really only five science-based things that will give you a long, healthy life.
And you won’t believe how easy they are.
A new study from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, repeated what we have known about longevity for years.
In the study, American men and women who did these five things were the healthiest:
- Ate healthy food
- Maintained a healthy weight
- Drank alcohol moderately
- And didn’t smoke.
In fact, some of these folks were 82% less likely to die from heart disease and 65% less likely to die from cancer.
So, let’s define what each of those means:
- Eat Healthy: This means a diet of mostly good proteins (meats and nuts) and vegetables. And cutting back on sugar (including some fruits like grapes) and processed foods.
- Exercise: You should be doing some exercise every day. This can be as simple as walking, but can include biking, yoga or swimming. Try to exercise for about a half hour a three times a week.
- Healthy Body Weight: This may be the hardest one to say simply, but weight loss comes from eating healthy and keeping your muscle mass. So, this will come naturally if you’re doing the first two actions in this list.
- Moderate Alcohol: This means about 1-2 drinks daily.
- No Smoking: If you’re trying to quit, talk to your doc about natural options like acupuncture or supplements.
These nutrients also help:
- Curcumin is an extract of Turmeric. It is anti-inflammatory and provides good antioxidant protection.
- Fish oils are essential fatty acid that most people reading this are not getting. Make sure you supplement if you are not eating fish 2-3 times a week.
- Polyphenols are phytonutrients found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Most people are not getting enough of these either.
- Vitamin E, Selenium, CoQ10, Astaxanthin
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
View More Free Articles
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...
If you want to live a long healthy life, you need start paying more attention to your gut. And I don’t mean that sinking feeling you get when something bad is about to happen. I mean taking care of the good bacteria in your gut (or your microbiome). These bugs help you absorb nutrients and...