Could Your Back Pain Be KILLING You?
Mark was in my office to get his blood drawn and casually mentioned (as he was about to leave) that his back had been hurting.
“Hold on,” I said, “Come back and sit down. Tell me what you mean.”
Mark, like many men, had gotten used to back pain.
But sometimes back pain is not just back pain — there are many serious conditions that can look exactly like back pain.
If you have chronic back pain (lasts for more than a few days), you need to make sure it is not something else that could require immediate medical attention.
Let’s take a look.
Yes, back pain can be just back pain. But it can also be much more.
Let me help you figure it out:
- Is it how you sit? Back pain can result from how you sit. Many of us sit in a way that puts an unnatural curve in our backs. You know this is you if you were to maintain your sitting posture and stand, your head would be far forward. The pain from poor sitting is usually due to muscle strain and it is fixed by learning to sit up straighter.
- Is it stress? If you are constantly under stress, this creates tight shoulders and upper back. Your best way out of this is to learn to reduce stress by exercising, stretching, and taking calming herbs like chamomile, passionflower, hops and valerian.
- Cancer? There are two types of cancers that commonly mimic back pain. The first is lung cancer and the second is bone cancer. These typically present as a slowly increasing pain over time – for no obvious reason. If your pain has been around a long time and nothing seems to make it better, then go to the doctor.
- Kidneys? Your kidneys are located just below your ribs on both sides of your back. Typical kidney stone pain radiates from the back and around to your groin area. Kidney stones are incredibly painful.
- Is it the flu? The flu and other illnesses make your bones and muscles sore. You know this might be the cause of back pain if you have other symptoms such as a runny nose, cough, or fever.
- Does it hurt when you inhale? Taking a deep breath typically hurts when you have a cracked rib, a rib out of place, or (more worrisome) when you have a pulmonary embolism (usually a blood clot in your lungs). Pulmonary embolisms usually present with shortness of breath or coughing of blood. Call 911 if you have blood clotting issues and you suspect an embolism.
Consider going to the doctor if the pain is getting worse or not getting better after a few days.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how you can truly measure your health… better than any doctor.
Dr. Scott Olson gives you insider access on the newest medical advancement that is reversing aging before your very eyes!
Dr. Scott Olson tells you what’s true and false when it comes to these heart health rumors.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason behind your chronic gas and the simple solutions.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the hidden truth about completely plant-based diets.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the two easy secrets to expanding your lifespan!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the easy steps you can start to today to fight off dementia!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how Big Pharma is making you bleed cash when there’s already a cure for diabetes out there.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals just how little exercise you need in order to stay healthy and the incredible benefit.