6 WEIRD Things KILLING Your Brain
You only get one brain – and you need to protect it.
We’ve all seen what happens to friends and loved ones when their brains start to go.
And it’s not pretty.
Unfortunately, we’re surprised by toxins and other lifestyle factors that are assaulting our brains around the clock.
Here are six “brain destroyers” that may surprise you – and what you can do to keep yourself safe.
Here are the surprising things that are harming your brain:
- Lack of Sunlight: Sunlight helps stimulate important neurotransmitters and brain hormones. When exposed to only low light, rats can’t run mazes as well (their brains need sunlight). Spend as much time out in the sun every day as you can.
- Phones: Yes, your phone is robbing your brainpower. In a study, when asked to do brain tests, participants who kept their phone close to them (on a table) scored much lower. Those who kept their phones in the other room did much better. Phones are essential for the modern world, but that doesn’t mean you should be a slave to your phone.
- Bad Food: A diet with processed foods has been shown to dramatically reduce intelligence. Make sure you are getting the right nutrients for your brain.
- Sugar: A diet high in fructose (high-fructose corn syrup) decreases intelligence after only six weeks. In the same study, researchers discovered that consuming omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) helped stop the harm from fructose.
- Commuting: All sorts of harm comes from sitting in traffic, but no one ever guessed that brain function would suffer. A huge study of over half a million people over five years found that those that sat in their cars more than two hours each day scored lower on IQ tests than when they started the study. The reason? No one is sure–it could be pollution, or just sitting in the same place too long.
- Excess weight: Many studies have linked excess weight with lower brain function. Having more weight increases the risk for Alzheimer’s. In fact, people who are overweight have brains that look 10-15 years older than those who maintain a healthy weight.
So how can you keep your brain healthy? Here are some things you should try.:
Dr. Scott’s Better Brain Program
- Eat a diet high in vegetables and good proteins.
- Avoid processed foods and foods with too much sugar and vegetable oils. These increase inflammation in the body–which is deadly to your brain.
- Keep your blood sugar under control. Blood sugar and brain health are closely tied together. If you need help controlling blood sugar, look to supplements that contain chromium and berberine.
- Eat good fats. The best fat you can put in your body are the omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil).
- Exercise. There is not a single thing that is better for your brain than exercise. Get out and move your body around every day.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: email@example.com – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Olive Oil Compound WOWS Researchers
Olive oil has been getting some well-deserved attention the last few years. So it would be easy to assume that the golden oil’s status as a health food was recently earned. But the truth is, olive oil has been considered a healthy staple in the human diet since it was first developed 600 years ago....
NEW Medicinal Mushroom Benefit UNCOVERED
I’m a big fan of medicinal mushrooms. Almost everyone has eaten a standard mushroom on a pizza or in a spaghetti sauce, of course. But most folks have yet to experience medical mushrooms’ power to improve our health. Medicinal mushrooms are already used to treat heart, liver, and brain conditions. They can boost the immune...
[SENIORS] Cellular GLITCH Discovered?!
Aging isn’t for sissies, that’s for sure. But hey, I always remind myself the alternative is FAR worse! Besides, when you sit back and take stock, you’ll realize that a life well lived – like your own – is something to be proud of. But those accomplishments, unfortunately, don’t reduce your risk of suffering the...
Overlooked Diabetes Risk Drives Up Blood Sugar
If you’re concerned about diabetes, you’ve probably done your research. You likely focused on all the common problem areas to ward off rising blood sugar: the grocery store… the gym… and the bathroom scale. And those ARE all great places to start! Eating better, exercising, and losing weight can go a long way toward bringing your...
Boredom BUSTING Hack Keeps You Sane AND Healthy
This time of year, I start to feel a little stir-crazy. Cabin fever sets in as I tire of the cold and snow. And I start thinking about the warmer weather that’s right around the corner (but still feels SO far away). You see, I enjoy walking, hiking, and running outside. It’s good for both...
Loneliness Linked to THIS Startling Side Effect
Before the pandemic, we didn’t talk much about being lonely. But when the virus locked us down in our homes, the issue of isolation could no longer be ignored. Some of us were experiencing that kind of loneliness for the first time. But the truth is social isolation has ALWAYS been a common problem for...
MAILBAG: Ease Prostate Problems NATURALLY
“Are there any natural solutions for an enlarged prostate?” -Mike from Summerville, South Carolina Hi Mike, There are many things you can do to improve your prostate health. Eating better is the first step. This means loading up on nutritious foods, including plenty of fresh organic vegetables and lean meats. (And yes, that DOES mean...
Ditch Depression WITHOUT Drugs
You think that when you reach “your golden years,” you won’t have much to worry about anymore. After all, many of life’s major stressors, like work, kids, and relationships, are pretty much settled by the time you hit your sixties. So why the heck are we all so darned depressed then?! According to a recent...
The Ovarian Cancer Risk You NEVER Saw Coming
Cancer research is nothing new. In fact, we’ve been studying this killer since the 1800s. Yet despite all that investigating, there’s still so much we DON’T know. That’s why each time we reach a new milestone in our understanding of cancer, it should be celebrated. And a recent study has helped us make another large...
Weird Supermarket Secret BEATS Sunburn
In the winter, we tend to ignore the importance of protecting our skin from the sun’s powerful rays. But where I live, in Colorado, I see many folks come down from the ski areas with “raccoon eyes.” This happens when skiers’ faces burn, but the areas around their eyes remain pale because they wear goggles....