6 WEIRD Things KILLING Your Brain
You only get one brain – and you need to protect it.
We’ve all seen what happens to friends and loved ones when their brains start to go.
And it’s not pretty.
Unfortunately, we’re surprised by toxins and other lifestyle factors that are assaulting our brains around the clock.
Here are six “brain destroyers” that may surprise you – and what you can do to keep yourself safe.
Here are the surprising things that are harming your brain:
- Lack of Sunlight: Sunlight helps stimulate important neurotransmitters and brain hormones. When exposed to only low light, rats can’t run mazes as well (their brains need sunlight). Spend as much time out in the sun every day as you can.
- Phones: Yes, your phone is robbing your brainpower. In a study, when asked to do brain tests, participants who kept their phone close to them (on a table) scored much lower. Those who kept their phones in the other room did much better. Phones are essential for the modern world, but that doesn’t mean you should be a slave to your phone.
- Bad Food: A diet with processed foods has been shown to dramatically reduce intelligence. Make sure you are getting the right nutrients for your brain.
- Sugar: A diet high in fructose (high-fructose corn syrup) decreases intelligence after only six weeks. In the same study, researchers discovered that consuming omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) helped stop the harm from fructose.
- Commuting: All sorts of harm comes from sitting in traffic, but no one ever guessed that brain function would suffer. A huge study of over half a million people over five years found that those that sat in their cars more than two hours each day scored lower on IQ tests than when they started the study. The reason? No one is sure–it could be pollution, or just sitting in the same place too long.
- Excess weight: Many studies have linked excess weight with lower brain function. Having more weight increases the risk for Alzheimer’s. In fact, people who are overweight have brains that look 10-15 years older than those who maintain a healthy weight.
So how can you keep your brain healthy? Here are some things you should try.:
Dr. Scott’s Better Brain Program
- Eat a diet high in vegetables and good proteins.
- Avoid processed foods and foods with too much sugar and vegetable oils. These increase inflammation in the body–which is deadly to your brain.
- Keep your blood sugar under control. Blood sugar and brain health are closely tied together. If you need help controlling blood sugar, look to supplements that contain chromium and berberine.
- Eat good fats. The best fat you can put in your body are the omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil).
- Exercise. There is not a single thing that is better for your brain than exercise. Get out and move your body around every day.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a powerhouse supplement can REBUILD your joints!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a weird condition is ruining your health!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals what your BP drugs are doing to your health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which diabetes meds are causing serious genital infections.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals his secret to never having another migraine!