Avoid This FAKE Coronavirus News
There’s a fake news epidemic in this country today — and it’s not just affecting politics.
I can’t BELIEVE some of the things I’ve been reading online and on social media about the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
It’s like some pathetic souls have nothing better to do than spread lies and misinformation, and send everyone into a panic.
We’ve heard so many things about the coronavirus, it is hard to know what is true and what is not.
Let me see if I can clarify things for you.
Let’s start with who’s really at risk from the disease.
After crunching the number out of China and Italy, we have a better picture of who should be worried.
If you have heard that older adults are at risk, this is true.
But, the people who are at the highest risk are older adults who ALSO have a chronic disease (like heart disease or diabetes) or any disease that compromises your immune function (like cancer, chronic viral infections, or if you’ve had an organ transplant).
If you are older and have a chronic disease, take the time right now to focus on getting as healthy as you can – work to lose that extra weight, eat as well as you can, get a little exercise, and take supplements that support your health.
Now, let’s address the other rumors:
● Sanitizing with chlorine, bleach, and alcohol: Yes, all of these will kill the virus – but only on surfaces in your house or car. While you can certainly use an alcohol cleaner on your hands, the coronavirus has a fatty outer layer – this means soap will easily destroy it. DO NOT use bleach or chlorine on your body. The coronavirus travels through the air and attaches to receptors in your lungs (called ACE2 receptors). If you can keep from breathing it or becoming infected when you touch your face, you will be OK.
● The rumor that cats and dogs can spread the virus is simply not true
● Some people have claimed that hand dryers kill the virus. This is FALSE. Hand dryers at public restrooms are well known to spread bacteria and viruses throughout the bathroom. This is a
good reason to avoid public bathrooms (especially if you are older or have a chronic health condition).
● Wearing masks: While you might have heard that masks won’t help you, this is not true. The virus is fairly large and can be blocked by a mask. A mask, though, is NOT a guarantee – you still need to practice keeping safe distance and washing your hands.
● Some sites have suggested that you have to be in a room for 10 minutes with someone who is contagious in order to catch the virus. This is not true. The virus can be found on many surfaces (doorknobs, tabletops, etc.) for at least an hour after someone touches those surfaces. Since this is a new virus, we actually don’t know how long it can survive on surfaces. Since you can’t avoid touching all surfaces, make sure to wash your hands often.
● The thought that antibiotics will save you is also not true, they only kill bacteria.
● Will the virus will die off when temperatures rise? This is an unknown. We think the virus should calm down in the summer, but honestly, it’s too early to say.
● You don’t need to worry about coronavirus if you had a flu shot. This is not true. Yes, they are both viruses and they share some symptoms such as cough, fever, and body aches. But the flu shot only works against the flu (and it doesn’t work that well fighting flu, either).
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
You know by now that you need to be extra careful to avoid people who may be infected with this new coronavirus (COVID-19). We’re getting bombarded with daily messages about good hygiene, “social distancing,” and avoiding large crowds. And that’s all good advice. But if your head is constantly on a swivel, looking for anyone...
Being in constant pain is no picnic. And if you’re dealing with peripheral artery disease (PAD), you know exactly what I’m talking about. When you have PAD, your arteries narrow — and that reduces blood flow to your arms and legs. Folks with PAD suffer from chest pain, tightness, cramping, and leg problems that can...
Big Pharma is at it again. It’s not enough that they make billions upon trillions of dollars hocking useless and dangerous drugs. And that they’re not afraid to use that fortune to keep the cash pouring in. Now, they’ve figured out a sneaky way to new drugs on the market. And it could RUIN the...
The dangerous strain of coronavirus (COVID-19) is spreading around the country fast. And seniors and folks with compromised immune systems are having a particularly hard time with it. Some are even dying. I hope that you and the people you love are all safe from coronavirus. But when you or someone you care about beats...
If you’re over 50 and trying to lose weight, you already know how hard it can be. You eat tiny meals… stay away from fat… and you never miss your daily walks. Yet, your scale never budges. But it doesn’t have to be this way any longer. Researchers have just discovered an easy way to...
If you’re over 50, you probably already know you need to watch your triglycerides. These unhealthy blood fats can send your risk of heart attack and stroke through the roof. But your mainstream doc won’t help you get them down. He’ll just push risky drugs… impossible diets… and workout plans that would make a Navy...
I’ve said it before… and there’s no doubt I’ll say it again… NEVER take a new drug. Why? Because the FDA rubber stamps just about every drug that it comes across. That means you’re taking “approved” drugs that could be RUINING your health for years before they do anything about it. And this latest case just...
If you’re like me, you will do just about anything to live to 90 or longer. That’s why you never miss your evening walk… always take your supplements… and load up on fresh fruits and veggies. But if you’re not participating in a particular Irish tradition… you may not live to see those 90 candles. Your mainstream doc will tell you NEVER...
If you’re anything like my older patients, you’re probably doing just about everything you can to live longer. You’re eating right… do some daily movement… and taking your supplements. But if you’re skipping this fun hobby, you’re not doing everything you can to extend your life. You see, researchers have found that participating in the...
The mainstream is nowhere near winning the war on cancer. Despite the billions they spend on research… and the new drugs they crank out every year… cancer is STILL a harsh reality for millions of Americans. And the worst part? We’re doing it to ourselves. Most cancer s are caused by environmental factors like what...