Docs Being BRIBED to KILL?
You’ve seen the news… you’ve heard the stories.
We have an opioid crisis in America.
Tens of thousands of Americans are being killed by these powerful, addictive prescription painkillers every year.
All while billion-dollar drug companies make a fortune.
Until now, I didn’t want to believe that doctors were getting in on the cash grab, too.
I didn’t want to believe that trusted physicians were making money while people just like you dropped dead.
Boy, was I wrong.
It’s technically illegal for drug companies to pay doctors to write prescriptions.
It’s also technically illegal to drive faster than the posted speed limit… but everybody does it.
A new study out of Harvard University found that opioid manufacturers are paying physicians VAST sums of money.
And, surprise, surprise… the doctors who prescribe more get paid more.
To be clear: the doctors aren’t being paid DIRECTLY for prescribing.
The money is being given for dubious tasks like “speaking and consulting.”
But the study showed a direct correlation between the number of prescriptions a doctor wrote and how much they were being paid for “speaking and consulting.”
A doctor who prescribed only a few opioids wasn’t getting paid much, but the docs who prescribed the most were being paid a lot.
Sounds like pay-for-prescriptions to me…. Sounds like bribery to me.
Opioids are a death trap… and your problems start the minute you accept that first prescription.
Fortunately, there are good, natural options for pain reduction.
Dr. Scott’s Pain Solution:
- Move: Moving your body helps to bring new blood, oxygen, and nutrients while taking away waste. Exercise also releases natural endorphins that help to diminish pain. I generally don’t recommend anything more than gentle walking or swimming for people with extreme pain.
- Anti-inflammatory: Often you can reduce pain when you calm down inflammation. The best natural tools for this are omega-3 fish oils and herbs like curcumin and Boswellia.
- Nutrients: Magnesium is needed to help muscles relax and vitamin D has been shown to help reduce pain.
- CBD Oil: Cannabidiol (or CBD oil) comes from the common cannabis (marijuana) plant, but doesn’t get you high. When CBD hits the brain, it helps to release a flood of good-feeling molecules, including serotonin (the feel-good, sleep-well brain hormone) and reduces pain. CBD is being used by many people to treat other health problems like anxiety, insomnia, and depression.
- Stretch: Depending on the type of pain (like back pain), you can help it by stretching. Our bodies become tighter as we age, and we need to stretch to keep us flexible. Find a stretching routine you can do every day (even when you are not in pain). Stretching alone can fix most people’s back pain–if they make a habit of it.
- Get Help From Specialists: I like chiropractors, massage therapists, and acupuncture for pain. Find someone you trust and work with them.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...
If you want to live a long healthy life, you need start paying more attention to your gut. And I don’t mean that sinking feeling you get when something bad is about to happen. I mean taking care of the good bacteria in your gut (or your microbiome). These bugs help you absorb nutrients and...