Don’t Fall For These Weight Loss SCAMS
What is the question patients ask me the most?
That’s easy – they want to know how to lose weight.
They’re confused, and I don’t blame them.
The weight-loss market is absolutely littered with bad advice and outright scams.
So what works? And what’s junk?
I’m going to expose the truth – and I GUARANTEE you’ll be surprised.
Everyone seems to have ideas on how to lose weight.
But if you dig deep into the science, you will find that there are only a few ways that work.
Let’s start with what doesn’t work.
- Eat Less, Exercise More: If I hear another weight-loss expert say you need to eat less and exercise more to lose weight, I will lose my mind. Weight loss has nothing to do with calories and you cannot burn off the food you eat by exercising more (no matter how many hours you spend running).
- Raspberry Ketones: There was a frenzy around raspberry ketones a few years ago – thanks to Dr. Oz and a crummy animal study. But follow-up studies found that raspberry ketones were worthless for weight loss.
- Alkaline Water: Not sure how this became a thing, but alkaline water (water designed to make your body less acidic) does absolutely nothing to help you lose weight.
Now, what works then?
- Controlling Blood Sugar: Since weight gain is almost always because of high blood sugar, this is the best way to go. For control of blood sugar, I like berberine, chromium, and Garcina cambogia.
- Increase Metabolism: This is best accomplished by maintaining a lean body mass – exercise and getting enough protein help with this.
- Protein: You need to eat protein to feel full, have less of an appetite, and lower your cravings. Protein easily fills you up and takes more energy to digest than any other types of food. Protein also helps build muscle mass–which pushes your metabolism into overdrive.
- Work Hard: University of Maryland researchers concluded that a lifestyle with abundant physical work is the best for weight loss and maintenance. How do you make this work for you? Find an exercise you like doing and do that a lot. Your exercise can be walking, golfing, swimming, biking… anything you enjoy.
- Eat Plants: The best diet on the planet is the Mediterranean Diet–which includes fish, poultry, vegetables, nuts, and olive oil. You can make this work for you by including a veggie with every meal and make olive oil your standard oil.
- Drink Only Water: This is the hardest step for most people. The calories that come from drinking anything but water are calories you don’t need. If you want to drink something else, try green tea or coffee – these kick your metabolism into high gear and help your weight loss.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
“My joints, especially my knees, have been hurting more. What can I do? It’s keeping me from moving a lot.” – Barbara Hi Barbara, It may seem counterintuitive, but carefully chosen exercise could be precisely “what the doctor ordered” to soothe chronic knee pain. Studies show the right activities can EASE the ache, allowing you...
No one expects to develop a foot ulcer. That goes without saying. But if you have diabetes, the odds that you will are higher than you might expect. In fact, 60 percent of diabetics will develop neuropathy in their feet, eventually leading to one. However, poor glycemic control isn’t the only trigger for foot ulcers....
It’s only natural to avoid moving when you’re in pain. We’ve all been there, gritting our teeth and doing our best to remain still. After all, the last thing you want to do is make the pain WORSE. But this is one time when following your instincts could be a BIG mistake. It could take...
A stroll through the park or doing some gardening are enjoyable pastimes for many of us. Unfortunately, they’re ones we often don’t get to do nearly enough. But new research reveals why you should MAKE TIME for these nature-based hobbies. Because, it turns out, as you age your HEALTH could depend on it. Here’s why…...
Keeping your mind sharp as you age is a priority. If you’ve been following my suggestions, you may already be taking steps to protect your brain. And that’s fantastic! Things like taking certain supplements, walking regularly, prioritizing quality sleep, doing challenging crossword puzzles, and playing brain-stimulating games can INDEED support brain health and help head...
Before leaving on a trip recently my daughter was feeling a bit under the weather. She was worried she might be getting sick and asked how to recover more quickly from a cold. I explained that there’s still no cure for the common cold. But, certain foods and self-care practices CAN ease symptoms and shorten...
Is your heart trying to tell you something? Are little warning signs appearing that your ticker may be in trouble someday soon? You may have noticed your blood pressure creeping UP or your energy levels dialing DOWN. Or everyday tasks leave you feeling more winded than usual. Don’t ignore those signs. Your heart could be...
“My wife has had some dizziness when standing up quickly. Should she be concerned? A friend suggested it could be related to her blood pressure medication?” – Frank (Article continues below.) Hi Frank, Low blood pressure when standing after sitting or lying down is called orthostatic or postural hypotension. Typically, someone will feel dizzy or...
We all want to remain youthful, healthy, and vibrant as we age. But that’s easier said than done. Sure, you can fork over the cash for the latest designer anti-aging cream, drink gallons of raw water (whatever that is?), and try to survive on a diet consisting only of green veggies. But the answer to...
Bored to tears by repetitive trips to the gym? Rather walk across hot coals that try another one of the frantic routines presented by perky fitness gurus on TV? Do long walks on the treadmill feel about as thrilling as watching paint dry? New research reveals the answer to your workout prayers… Strap on your...