Don’t Fall For These Weight Loss SCAMS
What is the question patients ask me the most?
That’s easy – they want to know how to lose weight.
They’re confused, and I don’t blame them.
The weight-loss market is absolutely littered with bad advice and outright scams.
So what works? And what’s junk?
I’m going to expose the truth – and I GUARANTEE you’ll be surprised.
Everyone seems to have ideas on how to lose weight.
But if you dig deep into the science, you will find that there are only a few ways that work.
Let’s start with what doesn’t work.
- Eat Less, Exercise More: If I hear another weight-loss expert say you need to eat less and exercise more to lose weight, I will lose my mind. Weight loss has nothing to do with calories and you cannot burn off the food you eat by exercising more (no matter how many hours you spend running).
- Raspberry Ketones: There was a frenzy around raspberry ketones a few years ago – thanks to Dr. Oz and a crummy animal study. But follow-up studies found that raspberry ketones were worthless for weight loss.
- Alkaline Water: Not sure how this became a thing, but alkaline water (water designed to make your body less acidic) does absolutely nothing to help you lose weight.
Now, what works then?
- Controlling Blood Sugar: Since weight gain is almost always because of high blood sugar, this is the best way to go. For control of blood sugar, I like berberine, chromium, and Garcina cambogia.
- Increase Metabolism: This is best accomplished by maintaining a lean body mass – exercise and getting enough protein help with this.
- Protein: You need to eat protein to feel full, have less of an appetite, and lower your cravings. Protein easily fills you up and takes more energy to digest than any other types of food. Protein also helps build muscle mass–which pushes your metabolism into overdrive.
- Work Hard: University of Maryland researchers concluded that a lifestyle with abundant physical work is the best for weight loss and maintenance. How do you make this work for you? Find an exercise you like doing and do that a lot. Your exercise can be walking, golfing, swimming, biking… anything you enjoy.
- Eat Plants: The best diet on the planet is the Mediterranean Diet–which includes fish, poultry, vegetables, nuts, and olive oil. You can make this work for you by including a veggie with every meal and make olive oil your standard oil.
- Drink Only Water: This is the hardest step for most people. The calories that come from drinking anything but water are calories you don’t need. If you want to drink something else, try green tea or coffee – these kick your metabolism into high gear and help your weight loss.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Olive Oil Compound WOWS Researchers
Olive oil has been getting some well-deserved attention the last few years. So it would be easy to assume that the golden oil’s status as a health food was recently earned. But the truth is, olive oil has been considered a healthy staple in the human diet since it was first developed 600 years ago....
NEW Medicinal Mushroom Benefit UNCOVERED
I’m a big fan of medicinal mushrooms. Almost everyone has eaten a standard mushroom on a pizza or in a spaghetti sauce, of course. But most folks have yet to experience medical mushrooms’ power to improve our health. Medicinal mushrooms are already used to treat heart, liver, and brain conditions. They can boost the immune...
[SENIORS] Cellular GLITCH Discovered?!
Aging isn’t for sissies, that’s for sure. But hey, I always remind myself the alternative is FAR worse! Besides, when you sit back and take stock, you’ll realize that a life well lived – like your own – is something to be proud of. But those accomplishments, unfortunately, don’t reduce your risk of suffering the...
Overlooked Diabetes Risk Drives Up Blood Sugar
If you’re concerned about diabetes, you’ve probably done your research. You likely focused on all the common problem areas to ward off rising blood sugar: the grocery store… the gym… and the bathroom scale. And those ARE all great places to start! Eating better, exercising, and losing weight can go a long way toward bringing your...
Boredom BUSTING Hack Keeps You Sane AND Healthy
This time of year, I start to feel a little stir-crazy. Cabin fever sets in as I tire of the cold and snow. And I start thinking about the warmer weather that’s right around the corner (but still feels SO far away). You see, I enjoy walking, hiking, and running outside. It’s good for both...
Loneliness Linked to THIS Startling Side Effect
Before the pandemic, we didn’t talk much about being lonely. But when the virus locked us down in our homes, the issue of isolation could no longer be ignored. Some of us were experiencing that kind of loneliness for the first time. But the truth is social isolation has ALWAYS been a common problem for...
MAILBAG: Ease Prostate Problems NATURALLY
“Are there any natural solutions for an enlarged prostate?” -Mike from Summerville, South Carolina Hi Mike, There are many things you can do to improve your prostate health. Eating better is the first step. This means loading up on nutritious foods, including plenty of fresh organic vegetables and lean meats. (And yes, that DOES mean...
Ditch Depression WITHOUT Drugs
You think that when you reach “your golden years,” you won’t have much to worry about anymore. After all, many of life’s major stressors, like work, kids, and relationships, are pretty much settled by the time you hit your sixties. So why the heck are we all so darned depressed then?! According to a recent...
The Ovarian Cancer Risk You NEVER Saw Coming
Cancer research is nothing new. In fact, we’ve been studying this killer since the 1800s. Yet despite all that investigating, there’s still so much we DON’T know. That’s why each time we reach a new milestone in our understanding of cancer, it should be celebrated. And a recent study has helped us make another large...
Weird Supermarket Secret BEATS Sunburn
In the winter, we tend to ignore the importance of protecting our skin from the sun’s powerful rays. But where I live, in Colorado, I see many folks come down from the ski areas with “raccoon eyes.” This happens when skiers’ faces burn, but the areas around their eyes remain pale because they wear goggles....