Don’t Fall For These Weight Loss SCAMS
What is the question patients ask me the most?
That’s easy – they want to know how to lose weight.
They’re confused, and I don’t blame them.
The weight-loss market is absolutely littered with bad advice and outright scams.
So what works? And what’s junk?
I’m going to expose the truth – and I GUARANTEE you’ll be surprised.
Everyone seems to have ideas on how to lose weight.
But if you dig deep into the science, you will find that there are only a few ways that work.
Let’s start with what doesn’t work.
- Eat Less, Exercise More: If I hear another weight-loss expert say you need to eat less and exercise more to lose weight, I will lose my mind. Weight loss has nothing to do with calories and you cannot burn off the food you eat by exercising more (no matter how many hours you spend running).
- Raspberry Ketones: There was a frenzy around raspberry ketones a few years ago – thanks to Dr. Oz and a crummy animal study. But follow-up studies found that raspberry ketones were worthless for weight loss.
- Alkaline Water: Not sure how this became a thing, but alkaline water (water designed to make your body less acidic) does absolutely nothing to help you lose weight.
Now, what works then?
- Controlling Blood Sugar: Since weight gain is almost always because of high blood sugar, this is the best way to go. For control of blood sugar, I like berberine, chromium, and Garcina cambogia.
- Increase Metabolism: This is best accomplished by maintaining a lean body mass – exercise and getting enough protein help with this.
- Protein: You need to eat protein to feel full, have less of an appetite, and lower your cravings. Protein easily fills you up and takes more energy to digest than any other types of food. Protein also helps build muscle mass–which pushes your metabolism into overdrive.
- Work Hard: University of Maryland researchers concluded that a lifestyle with abundant physical work is the best for weight loss and maintenance. How do you make this work for you? Find an exercise you like doing and do that a lot. Your exercise can be walking, golfing, swimming, biking… anything you enjoy.
- Eat Plants: The best diet on the planet is the Mediterranean Diet–which includes fish, poultry, vegetables, nuts, and olive oil. You can make this work for you by including a veggie with every meal and make olive oil your standard oil.
- Drink Only Water: This is the hardest step for most people. The calories that come from drinking anything but water are calories you don’t need. If you want to drink something else, try green tea or coffee – these kick your metabolism into high gear and help your weight loss.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
I have arthritis in my spine. What would you suggest to help manage it? –George from Cedar Rapids, IA George, Believe it or not, many people learn that they have spinal arthritis as they age. It’s very common. There’s a lot you can do to help keep it from advancing or even reverse some of...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, There is a plague of anxiety sweeping the nation. And who could blame us? Anyone with half a brain SHOULD feel anxious about the state of the world. But like any other epidemic, just because something is going around doesn’t mean you should accept it. More importantly, having anxiety does...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you or someone you love suffers from multiple sclerosis (MS), you already know how the disease can turn your life upside down. The stiffness and mobility problems slowly strip away your independence… and leave you in pain. Talk to your mainstream doc and he’ll just shrug their shoulders –...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you’re a woman, chances are you have heard about the BRCA gene (BReast CAncer gene). Scientists have known for a long time that a mutation in one of two breast cancer genes, BRCA1 or BRCA2, increases the risk of getting breast cancer. But, men, listen up – just because...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some people might shrug when you tell them you have knee pain… but that’s only if they haven’t experienced firsthand. Chronic pain from osteoarthritis is no joke— it can destroy your life. Joint pain makes moving incredibly difficult and can keep you from doing the things you love. Before you know it,...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Inflammation is supposed to be a normal response for your body. It’s one of the key defenses protecting you. Inflammation can sometimes be our friend… when it helps fight off infections and clears away debris, that is. The problems start when inflammation blazes out of control or lasts longer than...
I have psoriasis, and I was wondering what supplements or natural treatments there are out there. –Bill from Riverside, CA Bill, As you probably know, psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disease where the body attacks the skin as if it were a foreign invader. Psoriasis affects about two percent of the U.S. population. Normal, healthy...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, I’m on a personal mission to rescue coffee from the hands of the nutritional puritans who think that anything fun is not good for you. Despite what the mainstream would have you believe, the news on coffee has improved in recent years. Researchers have pinpointed many powerful plant nutrients, like...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some suggest pretty complicated ways to keep your brain healthy as you age. Going back to college… doing complicated puzzles… taking what feels like 30 bottles of pills a day… It can make you feel like giving up before you’ve even started! But what if there was something MUCH easier...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you’re tired constantly refilling pain prescriptions, you’re not alone. And if you’re even MORE tired of the side effects that come with them, who could blame you? For far too long, Big Pharma has held arthritis patients hostage… promising relief while they rob you blind. It’s time for something...