Dr. Scott’s #1 Sleep Trick
It’s Christmas Eve — and soon the little ones will be asleep, with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.
But for lots of us, sleep doesn’t come quite that easily.
Especially as we get older, getting a solid eight hours of shut-eye every night can be a real challenge.
So like lots of folks, you’re tempted to reach for those sleeping pills.
But I’m here to tell you… DON’T do it.
Sleeping pills are NOT your answer to chronic insomnia.
Instead, let me show you my #1 sleep trick that can help you get the sleep you need… EVERYTIME.
Let’s say you didn’t follow my advice and you took that sleeping pill.
While your eyes closed after you popped that pill, what happens next is NOT the same as normal sleep.
There is a price to pay for that popped pill the next day – you feel dazed and like you were hit by a truck.
Sleeping pills put you in a state of unconsciousness, but it is not the same as sleep – it is more like being knocked out in the boxing ring.
“Sleeping pill sleep” has been shown to lack the restorative value of natural sleep.
That’s because sleeping pills don’t clear your brain, boost your immune system, or help stabilize your mood.
Even worse? You still crave carbohydrates – just like missing a night’s sleep.
Studies have shown that daytime grogginess, impaired memory, even increased the risk of cancers and sudden death are associated with taking sleeping pills.
So, why bother?
Before I tell you the trick, let’s start by making sure you are using good sleep hygiene rules:
- Sleep in a dark room, and use white noise like a fan or sound machine.
- Try to go to bed the same time every night.
- Get off your screens (all of them) at least an hour or more before going to sleep – the light that screens emit can alter your sleep pattern.
- Good exercise makes your body more restful at night. If you can, exercise hard during the day – the harder the better.
- Replace your coffee with green tea. Green tea contains an amino acid called theanine which helps keep you calm and improves sleep.
- Melatonin is the best natural substance to get your circadian cycle back on track. It’s widely available as a supplement.
- There are great herbs to calm you down and help you get a good night’s sleep, including lemon balm, hops, passionflower, and chamomile.
Okay, here is the sleep trick: try cutting back on sleep temporarily. You do this by getting out of bed at the same time every day (no cheating), but staying up at least two hours later than you normally do – you want to be very sleepy when you hit the bed.
Do this for 3-4 nights and then return to your normal bed time.
Studies show it works much better than sleeping pills, and it kicks you into a good sleep habit.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the one fruit you should eat everyday for eye health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals a “youth pill” that helps seniors age in reverse!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals who to boost your testosterone naturally.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to keep your body strong no matter your age.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about weight loss surgery
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the telltale signs of blood sugar issues.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to BEAT depression without the mainstream’s dangerous drugs.