Dr. Scott’s Plan STOPS Bloating
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Nothing feels worse than having your belly blow up and fill with gas after eating.
Especially if you are in a crowd (like a church or movie theater).
If this happens to you every once and a while – it is no big deal.
But, if belly bloat is occurring all the time, it is your body telling you that something is seriously wrong with your digestion.
And I’m going to show you how to fix bloating… fast… before it causes serious health issues down the road.
What is causing you to bloat, anyway?
Bloating is gas produced in your digestive tract – and most of that gas comes from bacteria in your gut.
The bacteria produce gas when you provide them with a hearty meal.
It’s simple: If there is a lot of food around for them to eat, the bacteria produce a lot of gas.
There are a couple main ways that bloat is created:
The first is that your digestive system doesn’t digest the food properly (so it becomes a meal for the bacteria).
- Dairy intolerance is a good example of this. Many people don’t have the ability to digest dairy after they reach adulthood. When your body cannot digest the sugars in dairy, it becomes food for bacteria in your gut.
- This can also happen if you eat too many sugars.
- Soda is well-known for causing bloating because there is no way your body can digest all the sugar when you drink a large soda. Those sugars become food for bacteria and bloating is soon to follow.
The second is that you don’t have enough healthy bacteria.
- Normally in your body, you should have a balance between good and bad bacteria. The bad bacteria are known for creating too much gas (and it often smells really bad).
- You can make the bad bacteria go away by making sure you are getting enough of the good bacteria (probiotics).
You can ban bloating by following a few easy tips.
Dr. Scott’s “Ban the Bloat” Program:
- Cut the sugars: Avoid soda and any food that is too sugary (as much as you can).
- Use salt: Many articles on bloating will say to avoid salt because it causes you to bloat: but don’t believe this. Salt is necessary to make hydrochloric acid in your stomach and the acid is needed to keep bad bacteria down and out of where it doesn’t belong.
- Take a good prebiotic and probiotic: I like a probiotic product that has fiber (prebiotic) and good bacteria (probiotics).
- Try herbs: Basil, dill, ginger, fennel, and mint all help to decrease bloat.
- Look for potential food intolerances: This is probably the hardest step. Diary is a very common intolerance, but so are wheat and corn.
Take a message from your body and pay attention to gas and bloating. If it is happening almost every day, try adjusting what you are doing to kick bloating out of your life forever.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Depression has practically become an epidemic in America. But your depression may just be a symptom of a much larger problem.
Mainstream medicine has spent decades trying to prove cholesterol is the culprit behind heart disease. But here’s the real cause – and how to fix it.
Vitamin K is absolutely crucial to preventing some of the deadliest diseases around. So why aren’t more people getting enough of it?
Many diabetics are having trouble affording their insulin. But that may be a blessing in disguise. Because insulin is a terrible idea for people with diabetes.
A new study shows that 30 to 40 percent of people stop taking the drugs they were prescribed. But doing that on your own can be a big mistake.
Scientists say they’ve discovered how long people can actually live. But I’m going to introduce you to something more important than lifespan – it’s called “healthspan.”
Mainstream medicine is loading up patients with dangerous and addictive painkillers. But new research proves that vitamin D can help erase chronic pain by targeting it at the source.
For years, the government and health groups pushed dangerous vegetable oils on the public. Avoiding this poison – and choosing the right fats – can be a matter of life and death.
Vision loss can cost you your mobility and even your independence. But there are some simple ways to protect your eyesight before it’s too late.