Dr. Scott’s Plan STOPS Bloating
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Nothing feels worse than having your belly blow up and fill with gas after eating.
Especially if you are in a crowd (like a church or movie theater).
If this happens to you every once and a while – it is no big deal.
But, if belly bloat is occurring all the time, it is your body telling you that something is seriously wrong with your digestion.
And I’m going to show you how to fix bloating… fast… before it causes serious health issues down the road.
What is causing you to bloat, anyway?
Bloating is gas produced in your digestive tract – and most of that gas comes from bacteria in your gut.
The bacteria produce gas when you provide them with a hearty meal.
It’s simple: If there is a lot of food around for them to eat, the bacteria produce a lot of gas.
There are a couple main ways that bloat is created:
The first is that your digestive system doesn’t digest the food properly (so it becomes a meal for the bacteria).
- Dairy intolerance is a good example of this. Many people don’t have the ability to digest dairy after they reach adulthood. When your body cannot digest the sugars in dairy, it becomes food for bacteria in your gut.
- This can also happen if you eat too many sugars.
- Soda is well-known for causing bloating because there is no way your body can digest all the sugar when you drink a large soda. Those sugars become food for bacteria and bloating is soon to follow.
The second is that you don’t have enough healthy bacteria.
- Normally in your body, you should have a balance between good and bad bacteria. The bad bacteria are known for creating too much gas (and it often smells really bad).
- You can make the bad bacteria go away by making sure you are getting enough of the good bacteria (probiotics).
You can ban bloating by following a few easy tips.
Dr. Scott’s “Ban the Bloat” Program:
- Cut the sugars: Avoid soda and any food that is too sugary (as much as you can).
- Use salt: Many articles on bloating will say to avoid salt because it causes you to bloat: but don’t believe this. Salt is necessary to make hydrochloric acid in your stomach and the acid is needed to keep bad bacteria down and out of where it doesn’t belong.
- Take a good prebiotic and probiotic: I like a probiotic product that has fiber (prebiotic) and good bacteria (probiotics).
- Try herbs: Basil, dill, ginger, fennel, and mint all help to decrease bloat.
- Look for potential food intolerances: This is probably the hardest step. Diary is a very common intolerance, but so are wheat and corn.
Take a message from your body and pay attention to gas and bloating. If it is happening almost every day, try adjusting what you are doing to kick bloating out of your life forever.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
I have arthritis in my spine. What would you suggest to help manage it? –George from Cedar Rapids, IA George, Believe it or not, many people learn that they have spinal arthritis as they age. It’s very common. There’s a lot you can do to help keep it from advancing or even reverse some of...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, There is a plague of anxiety sweeping the nation. And who could blame us? Anyone with half a brain SHOULD feel anxious about the state of the world. But like any other epidemic, just because something is going around doesn’t mean you should accept it. More importantly, having anxiety does...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you or someone you love suffers from multiple sclerosis (MS), you already know how the disease can turn your life upside down. The stiffness and mobility problems slowly strip away your independence… and leave you in pain. Talk to your mainstream doc and he’ll just shrug their shoulders –...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you’re a woman, chances are you have heard about the BRCA gene (BReast CAncer gene). Scientists have known for a long time that a mutation in one of two breast cancer genes, BRCA1 or BRCA2, increases the risk of getting breast cancer. But, men, listen up – just because...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some people might shrug when you tell them you have knee pain… but that’s only if they haven’t experienced firsthand. Chronic pain from osteoarthritis is no joke— it can destroy your life. Joint pain makes moving incredibly difficult and can keep you from doing the things you love. Before you know it,...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Inflammation is supposed to be a normal response for your body. It’s one of the key defenses protecting you. Inflammation can sometimes be our friend… when it helps fight off infections and clears away debris, that is. The problems start when inflammation blazes out of control or lasts longer than...
I have psoriasis, and I was wondering what supplements or natural treatments there are out there. –Bill from Riverside, CA Bill, As you probably know, psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune disease where the body attacks the skin as if it were a foreign invader. Psoriasis affects about two percent of the U.S. population. Normal, healthy...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, I’m on a personal mission to rescue coffee from the hands of the nutritional puritans who think that anything fun is not good for you. Despite what the mainstream would have you believe, the news on coffee has improved in recent years. Researchers have pinpointed many powerful plant nutrients, like...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some suggest pretty complicated ways to keep your brain healthy as you age. Going back to college… doing complicated puzzles… taking what feels like 30 bottles of pills a day… It can make you feel like giving up before you’ve even started! But what if there was something MUCH easier...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you’re tired constantly refilling pain prescriptions, you’re not alone. And if you’re even MORE tired of the side effects that come with them, who could blame you? For far too long, Big Pharma has held arthritis patients hostage… promising relief while they rob you blind. It’s time for something...