Dr. Scott’s Secret for Slow Aging
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
I promised you from Day One that I’d give you the exact same advice I’ve given to my own patients.
And here’s what I’ve told them, time and time again.
There are two paths ahead of you right now.
The first is to keep doing what everyone else is doing – and the second is to take an active role in your life and your health.
The first path leads to pain and suffering.
The second path keeps you active and healthy throughout your long life.
What am I talking about? I’m talking about slowing aging, aging gracefully, and living life to the fullest.
Science proves that YOU can control how well you age, and all you need to do is make a few simple (and even fun) adjustments.
Let me show you how to do it.
Aging is a natural process: you are going to get older.
However, how fast you age is all up to you.
Science has shown us that you hold the keys to your health – more than you could ever imagine.
You know this to be true.
Not every 60-year-old looks like they are 60 — some look much younger, some look much older.
You age much faster when you don’t take care of yourself. You accelerate aging when you smoke, drink, eat processed foods, sugars, or trans fats, don’t sleep, are under stress, or expose yourself to toxins.
But, let’s not focus on that. Let’s look at what works to keep you as youthful as possible:
Foods That Reduce Aging:
- Green tea is full of wonderful polyphenols and bioflavonoids that support good skin, brain, and whole-body health.
- Wild fish is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids – which help to tamp down excessive inflammation. Inflammation, you probably know, destroys your body.
- If you don’t eat lots of green leafy veggies, then change this today. Green leafy veggies are full of Vitamin K and other wonderful nutrients your body needs.
- Berries are low-sugar and full of phytonutrients your body is craving. Find a way to incorporate them into your life.
- Herbs: turmeric, garlic, onions, and other herbs help support your health in numerous ways. Find any excuse to get these into your diet.
Best Supplements to Reduce Aging:
- If you don’t eat fish 2-3 times a week, then fish oil is a must. I recommend taking between 1,000 and 3,000 milligrams of fish oil a day.
- If you don’t eat enough veggies and fruits, you should add a super-food powders to your diet. I personally mix a super-foods powder with yogurt and berries for a blast of phytonutrients every day.
- Collagen is one of those nutrients that no one is getting. Fix this by supplementing: your joints and skin will thank you.
- Vitamin D and Vitamin K are two fat-soluble vitamins that are missing from your diet and ones you desperately need.
Of course, none of this does much good if you don’t work to control stress in your life or you are not seeping well.
Make sure you are taking steps to reduce stress and sleep well (supplements like theanine can help there, too).
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Depression has practically become an epidemic in America. But your depression may just be a symptom of a much larger problem.
Mainstream medicine has spent decades trying to prove cholesterol is the culprit behind heart disease. But here’s the real cause – and how to fix it.
Vitamin K is absolutely crucial to preventing some of the deadliest diseases around. So why aren’t more people getting enough of it?
Many diabetics are having trouble affording their insulin. But that may be a blessing in disguise. Because insulin is a terrible idea for people with diabetes.
A new study shows that 30 to 40 percent of people stop taking the drugs they were prescribed. But doing that on your own can be a big mistake.
Scientists say they’ve discovered how long people can actually live. But I’m going to introduce you to something more important than lifespan – it’s called “healthspan.”
Mainstream medicine is loading up patients with dangerous and addictive painkillers. But new research proves that vitamin D can help erase chronic pain by targeting it at the source.
For years, the government and health groups pushed dangerous vegetable oils on the public. Avoiding this poison – and choosing the right fats – can be a matter of life and death.
Vision loss can cost you your mobility and even your independence. But there are some simple ways to protect your eyesight before it’s too late.
Mainstream doctors are regularly recommending hormone therapy to men with prostate cancer. But it can send your risk of heart disease through the roof.