High Blood Pressure Trigger DISCOVERED (Shocking)
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
I’ve got a big problem with the mainstream when it comes to high blood pressure.
They’re perfectly fine diagnosing it, but they can’t tell you WHY you have it.
If they do give you a reason, it’s something arbitrary, like you eat too much salt.
But that’s not true.
The REAL high blood pressure trigger is something your doc has probably never heard of.
Breaking new research has finally uncovered the truth… and it’s much stranger than you might think.
Did you know that doctors don’t have an answer as to why 90 percent of all people have high blood pressure?
They call high blood pressure “essential hypertension,” (because they essentially have NO clue what is causing it).
But that all could be about to change…
There’s a hormone called aldosterone that’s been on our radar for a long time. Why? Aldosterone regulates salt and water in the body to control your blood pressure – which makes it a prime suspect when it comes to essential hypertension.
But study after study had shown NO relation between a blood test for high aldosterone levels and high blood pressure.
That is, until a group of smart researchers decided to measure aldosterone in a different way.
In the new study published in the journal Annals of Internal Medicine the research team looked at 24-hour urinary aldosterone levels in 1,846 adults and discovered that the amount of aldosterone they had was closely related to high blood pressure.
The difference between a blood test for aldosterone and a 24-hour urine is like the difference between a picture (the blood test) and a movie (the 24-hour urine test)—the longer test is more complete AND subsequently, more accurate.
So if you’re concerned about your blood pressure, your first step should be managing your aldosterone levels. The great thing is, it’s easy to get started.
- Fish Oil. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish oil) can reduce heart disease by up to 52 percent. Fish oils work by reducing inflammation and softening up arteries so they stay flexible. I suggest you take between 1,000 and 3,000 milligrams a day.
- CoQ10 (CoenzymeQ10). This antioxidant/enzyme is found throughout our bodies and is used for energy production. Since our heart is one of the most energy-hungry organs in our bodies, it needs CoQ10. But CoQ10 goes beyond that. It is also a powerful antioxidant that works both inside and outside the cells. CoQ10 lowers inflammation, reduces blood clots, and helps prevent skipped beats (like arrhythmias or atrial fibrillation).
- Vitamin C. Remember that we are one of a few mammals that cannot produce their own vitamin C. If you don’t supplement, you don’t get enough of this vitamin, so it’s definitely worth adding to your list.
- Antioxidants. There are MANY antioxidants to choose from like vitamins A, C, E, and others, but I prefer the plant phytonutrients such as carotenoids, polyphenols and flavonoids for great antioxidant protection. Examples include: green tea extract – called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate), red wine extract (resveratrol), pycnogenol, olive leaf extract, curcumin, and others.
- Hawthorn. This is an herb that has long been used for heart health. It helps lower blood pressure while also strengthening the heart muscle. Hawthorn berries are full of flavonoids for extra antioxidant protection.
P.S. Want to know more about why salt isn’t the enemy? I’ll tell you exactly why, right here.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, When you were a kid, you probably never thought about how life would be when you reached your golden years… you were probably too busy riding your bike with no hands and eating Twinkies! But now that you’re a senior, life looks MORE than just a little different. The fact...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, You’ve been sold a lie by Big Food companies. How many times have you grabbed a soda because you needed a quick boost of energy? Or maybe instead you reached for a donut or snack cake as a pick-me-up. Food companies want you to think that sugar is equal to...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Fighting cancer takes a special kind of bravery. It involves seeking out every possible treatment and never giving up hope. And if you’re one of those folks, I salute you. I’ve seen it all when it comes to cancer treatment, and the mainstream’s so-called options are hardly that. I know...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, In life, there are no sure things aside from death and taxes, as the expression goes. And if you ask the mainstream, they’d add disease. But this simply isn’t true. You’ve discovered by now that aging doesn’t have to mean watching your health fall apart (though Big Pharma would love...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, You may have heard that the greatest risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease is simply how old you are. And that’s not very helpful. After all, we’d ALL choose to be Benjamin Button and reverse our aging if we could! Your doc might have warned you about other factors, like family...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, I don’t know about you, but when someone tells me I CAN’T do something, it makes me want to do it even more! Whether it’s biking 30 miles in one day or climbing a difficult mountain trail, I love to prove people wrong. And when it comes to dieting, it’s...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Even with the vaccine, COVID-19 cases are still rising. And it’s not because the vaccine or safety precautions aren’t working… far from it. Folks, the sad truth is, the coronavirus is never truly going away. Which is why it’s important to eliminate as many risks as you can. And now...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, If you had to name one supplement off the top of your head, which one comes to mind immediately? I’d bet you five dollars that it’s calcium. Day in and day out, it’s just about the only nutrient you ever hear about… especially as you age. Strong bones ARE the...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, As you age, mobility can become a big issue. I’m not just talking about balance or walking without a cane. Low mobility can mean putting yourself at risk for fractures or a broken hip… and once that happens, it’s all downhill from there. And this applies especially to senior women....
Dear Reader, I’m generally not a fan of horror movies, even around Halloween. If I’m going to relax, I’d rather laugh than be scared out of my skin! But unfortunately, some things in life are scarier than even the worst slasher film. And that includes cancer. When it comes to your health, cancer is just...