In Pain? DON’T Do This
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Arthur sat in my office, listing the drugs he was taking.
It took a while for him to admit he was taking pain relievers every day.
“How many?” I asked.
“I don’t know exactly,” he said. “A handful.”
And who could blame him? You can buy these over-the-counter pain relievers at any pharmacy, supermarket, or convenience store.
So they must be safe, right?
Not exactly. These pain pills all come with a dark secret… one that could cost you your life.
The non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) like Tylenol, ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and more account for over 100,000 hospitalizations (and 16,500 deaths) every year.
A new study published in Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety found around 15% of people taking NSAIDS take too many–exactly because they think they are safe if they can buy them without a prescription.
NSAIDS have serious side effects including stomach bleeding and heart attacks–even though you can buy them at your corner store.
In addition, about 37% of people in the study reported mixing different NSAIDS–usually turning to aspirin besides whatever else they were taking. This is very bad news: mixing NSAIDS gets you into even more trouble.
The crazy part about all of this is that it’s unnecessary.
If you need serious pain relief then you need a prescription drug. But for most of the pain you have (back pain, knee pain, wrist pain etc.) which causes you to reach for NSAIDS, there are much better natural solutions.
Let me show you.
Dr. Scott’s Pain Solution:
- Stretch for Back Pain: Our bodies become tighter as we age, and we need to stretch to keep us flexible. Find a stretching routine you can do every day (even when you are not in pain). Stretching alone can fix most people’s back pain–if they make a habit of it.
- Move: Moving your body helps to bring new blood, oxygen, and nutrients and take away waste. I rarely recommend anything more than gentle walking or swimming for people with back pain or arthritis.
- Feed Cartilage: If you have arthritis, your best bet is to replace the cartilage lost. You can do this by taking a collagen peptide supplement – it will give your joints the nutrients they need to rebuild.
- Anti-inflammatory: With pain, you need to calm down inflammation. The best natural tools for this are omega-3 fish oils and the herbs curcumin and Boswellia.
- Nutrients: Magnesium is needed to help muscles relax and vitamin D has been shown to help reduce pain.
- Get Some Help: I like chiropractors, massage therapists, and acupuncture for back pain. Find someone you trust and work with them.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson gives you insider access on the newest medical advancement that is reversing aging before your very eyes!
Dr. Scott Olson tells you what’s true and false when it comes to these heart health rumors.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason behind your chronic gas and the simple solutions.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the hidden truth about completely plant-based diets.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the two easy secrets to expanding your lifespan!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the easy steps you can start to today to fight off dementia!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how Big Pharma is making you bleed cash when there’s already a cure for diabetes out there.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals just how little exercise you need in order to stay healthy and the incredible benefit.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that’s solving almost every medical problem out there!