This Medical Scandal Will SHOCK You
You may have heard about this on the news.
The pharmaceutical company Celgene has agreed to pay $280 million to settle claims for when it marketed cancer drugs (Thalomid and Revlimid) for unapproved uses.
Under the terms of the settlement, the company will pay $259.3 million to the United States and $20.7 million to 28 states and the District of Columbia.
Maybe you’ve never been treated for cancer… and have never taken these drugs.
So why should you care?
Because what happened with Celgene is happening with DOZENS of other prescription drugs right now.
And you could be a victim without ever realizing it.
Here is the way things are supposed to work: drug companies find a need, develop and research a new medication, and then the FDA approves the drug when it passes certain tests.
The drug can then be sold.
But that is nothow it works.
More often then not, companies get a drug approved, but then doctors use it for another thing.
This is called off-label use.
Off-label use is supposedly okay, as long as drug companies don’t push their drug for off-label use.
Celgene isn’t alone in pushing off-label use. There have been a string of multimillion dollar fines that drug companies have paid to settle charges of inappropriately marketing.
Here are the lessons:
- A $280 million fine is nothing to a drug company. Celgene made $12.82 billion in 2017. That fine is only 2% of profits, meaning those two drugs, Thalomid and Revlimid, made over $7 billion in 2017.
- The FDA does almost nothing to stop drug companies from marketing off-label drugs. The agency sent Celgene two warning letters, in 1998 and 2000, claiming the company had been mis-marketing its drugs, but that didn’t change anything. Usually, a whistleblower needs to come forward.
The end result is that you have to choose wisely when you take drugs: there is no one looking out for your health (especially not the FDA).
Dr. Scott’s Plan for Managing Medications:
- Never start. Always investigate natural ways to help your condition as your first step.
- Never stop without some help. Go to your doctor and ask him the best way to get off the drug. Weaning is often necessary.
- Work with your doctor when possible. If your doctor is not open to you trying something natural and checking back in, then find another doctor.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains why chemotherapy is more ineffective than you might think and provides alternative treatments.
Dr. Scott Olson lets you in on a little secret that will change your sleeping habits forever.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the importance of talking about digestion and the best ways to improve your digestion.
Dr. Scott Olson debunks the popular myth that new brain cells will prevent Alzheimer’s and gives you the truth instead.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals some of the worst ways mainstream drugs are wreaking havoc on your body.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with exactly what you need for a sharper, healthier brain.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the real reasons you’re not losing those stubborn pounds and how to turn it around.
Dr. Scott Olson warns you about the ultimate Big Pharma scam.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the difference between low libido and erectile dysfunction and how you can combat them both.