NATURALLY Wipe Out Arthritis Aches and Pains
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Joint pain puts a damper on everything from the moment you open your eyes in the morning until you close them again at night.
On a “good day,” arthritis might have you limping along, feeling achy and grumpy. But on a “bad” one, it can literally keep you from doing nearly everything.
Instead of doing the things you love, you’re practically trapped at home in pain and feeling miserable.
Mainstream medicine has us resigned to the idea that this kind of joint pain is inevitable as we age. And that when THAT day arrives, risky pain medications are your best (and only) option.
But unless you want to spend half your monthly income on addictive prescription pills and battle their side effects, the mainstream approach isn’t the best.
Try these 7 all-NATURAL solutions to wipe out arthritis aches and pains instead.
Simply covering up the pain with a pill is a temporary fix. To support your joints as you age and reverse arthritis pain, you must target the ROOT cause.
And that’s precisely what these seven remedies do:
- Glucosamine is a natural compound found in cartilage, the tissue that cushions your joints, allowing them to move smoothly. Cartilage degenerates as we age. But glucosamine supplements slow that process down while acting as a natural anti-inflammatory and pain reliever at the same time. A typical dosage is around 1500 mg (milligrams) daily.
- Chondroitin is another building block of cartilage. Studies show chondroitin helps reduce joint pain and stiffness in people with osteoarthritis. Experts usually recommend taking 400 to 800 mg two to three times a day for the best results.
- SAMe or S-adenosyl-L-methionine is a natural amino acid often used to combat depression. But it turns out SAMe ALSO stimulates the production of cartilage. Studies suggest the amino acid can help folks with osteoarthritis move better while easing their pain. A typical dosage is 200 to 400 mg three times a day.
- Turmeric is a spice that contains a compound called curcumin. Curcumin has been used for hundreds of years to halt inflammation. And modern science backs up this benefit. Experts recommend 500 mg two to four times a day. Look for a curcumin supplement containing piperine, a compound found in black pepper that helps with absorption.
- Boswellia (or Indian frankincense) is an herb that’s long been used to naturally reduce inflammation (and recent research confirms those anti-inflammatory benefits!). In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, Boswellia improved physical function and reduced pain and stiffness in folks with knee osteoarthritis. Dosage recommendations vary from 100 mg daily up to 333 mg three times a day.
- Fish oil is rich in inflammation-fighting docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). Studies show the supplement can ease joint pain. Experts recommend a daily dose of between 1,000 to 3,000 mg.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is an amino acid that supports healthy joints and bones. It’s rich in organic sulfur and naturally reduces inflammation, fights the breakdown of cartilage, and eases joint pain, stiffness, and swelling. Dosages can vary widely from 1,200 to 6,000 mg daily.
P.S. Before you reach for another pain pill, you need to know the TRUTH about some of the most popular over-the-counter pain relievers on the market. It turns out they could be DESTROYING your joints. I’ve got the whole shocking story right here.
Supplements for Joint Pain
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
One day, we’ll look back at our discovery of the nervous system in our guts in much the same way as other giant leaps in medicine like germ theory, vaccinations, and antibiotics. Knowing it exists and how important it is has changed EVERYTHING. We now understand that the enteric nervous system, or our “second brain”...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, One thing no one ever thinks to warn you about a cancer diagnosis is the RUSH. While you’re still trying to process the news that you have cancer, you’re already asked to make decisions about your treatments. You’re told there’s no time to waste. And warned delays could lead to...
“I’m diabetic and I don’t quite understand the differences in sugar. There’s sugar you make cookies with but also fruits have sugar. Can I have fruits even though they have sugar too?” – Annette, from Helen, GA Hi Annette, For something that seems so simple, sugar sure gets complicated very quickly. That table sugar you...
I’m not going to pull any punches here. Getting a prostate cancer diagnosis is downright terrifying. And that’s especially true because for YEARS there weren’t any remarkable advancements in the treatments for this cancer. Watchful waiting (active surveillance) was the best we could do for men with small tumors that didn’t appear aggressive. And for...
We’ve lived with COVID-19 for nearly three years now. That means we KNOW what it looks like, right? Wrong. The dominant COVID strain infecting people today doesn’t look exactly like the one that infected people last year. The virus is constantly changing. And so are the symptoms when you catch it. Different COVID strains appear...
My excellent editor told me the other day that she gave in and took some naproxen for her psoriatic arthritis pain. And she’s not alone. Occasionally even people who are passionate about natural medicine turn to over-the-counter or prescription drugs for pain relief. After all, joint pain can be downright debilitating. But before you reach...
People ask me all the time what I think about meat substitutes. My reply is simple: “They’re junk!” The labels claim that these fake meats are better for your health and the environment. But nothing could be further from the truth… If you’re a regular Living Well Daily reader, you know I’m constantly warning you...
Ask a group of middle-aged people about their biggest fear, and they will almost universally say, “losing their minds.” And I agree. The thought of my precious memories fading away is at the top of MY “no thanks” list. But just wanting your brain to be healthy isn’t enough. You have to work at protecting...
“What’s your take on the drugs for Alzheimer’s?” – Timothy, from Bel Air, MD Hi Timothy, Let me make it simple: They’re junk. You’ve seen the breathless headlines, I’m sure. After all, they’re almost impossible to ignore! They make exciting claims like “New breakthrough in Alzheimer’s Treatment Is a Game Changer!” or “FINALLY an Alzheimer’s...
For YEARS, modern medicine essentially ignored the gastrointestinal tract. Sure, it’s where you digest and absorb your food. But that was the end of the story. They were clueless about how intertwined our digestive system is with our OVERALL well-being. We now understand our gut is so closely linked to our health that it’s impossible...