The REAL Way to Stop Heart Attacks
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
I never thought I’d see the day!
Big Pharma has gone from being COMPLETELY WRONG about heart health… to being a little less wrong.
Trust me — for these guys, that’s progress.
For years they’ve been telling us that the only way to prevent heart attacks is by taking a dangerous cholesterol-lowering statin drug.
Now they may… just may… be starting to realize that cholesterol was never the problem to begin with.
Instead, they’re pushing a powerful anti-inflammatory drug that’s been shown to lower both your heart disease and cancer risk.
It’s FINALLY the right idea – just the wrong solution.
A study from Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston followed 10,000 people, all who had a previous heart attack.
They were all given a placebo, a statin, or an injectable anti-inflammatory called canakinumab.
Taking canakinumab led to a 15 percent reduction in heart attacks and strokes (even though cholesterol didn’t change) and cut lung cancer risk by an astounding 75 percent.
All good, right?
Well, not so fast.
Here’s what we really learned from this study – stopping inflammation is the key to preventing heart attacks and cancer.
And you can do that just fine without canakinumab.
You see, canakinumab is not without its problems. It has a whole list of side effects, including: muscle pains, headaches, joint pain, trouble sleeping, fatigue… and many more.
Plus, it costs thousands of dollars a shot.
So, what can we take away from this study?
Staying away from statins is a good idea and reducing inflammation is a great idea.
But you don’t have to reach for a drug to lower inflammation. There are plenty of natural remedies that work – without all the side effects.
Dr. Scott’s Inflammation-Be-Gone program:
- There are many powerful natural anti-inflammatories that you should take all the time. These include fish oil, curcumin, Boswellia, and others.
- Exercise is a great way to keep inflammation in check. Strangely, exercise increases inflammation for about an hour after exercise, but then it plummets to very low levels – resulting in an overall decrease in inflammation.
- Avoid processed foods and too much sugar. Both sugar and vegetable oils tend to increase inflammation in the body.
- Eat your veggies. Vegetables have a way of calming inflammation.
- Take a probiotic. Your immune system (which controls inflammation) is closely tied to the health of your digestive tract. Make sure you are getting enough healthy bacteria by taking a good probiotic.
If you want to do one thing for your health that will have wide-ranging impact, then work to drop inflammation with every tool at your disposal.
Your body will love you for it!
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains the vitamins you are most deficient and the best ways to restore them.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the latest drug—and its dangerous side effects—the FDA just approved.
Dr. Scott Olson debunks the latest diet fad and offers healthy alternatives to lose weight.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how age-reversal is real and possible starting TODAY.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how you can avoid the latest drug-peddling scam.