Skip This TERRIBLE Weight-Loss Advice
I was reading the news the other day, and couldn’t BELIEVE what I saw.
There was ANOTHER headline trying to tell you to that a high-carb diet can help you lose weight.
Are you KIDDING me?
That nonsense advice has been around for years – and obesity and diabetes rates have exploded.
High-carb diets are literally KILLING people.
The secret to losing weight doesn’t have to be so hard… or dangerous.
Let me show you how easy it can be to make the pounds fall off… fast.
There is a non-profit group called National Weight Control Registry, which tracks people and weight loss. They have found five key proven strategies to help you maintain your success.
Here’s what they say:
1. Weigh yourself regularly: 75% of people in the National Weight Control Registry say they weigh themselves at least once a week. The benefits? By staying aware of your current weight, you can better adjust your caloric intake and are more likely to get back on track.
2. Log your food and exercise activities in an app or journal: Researchers found that people who tracked their daily food intake in a journal for more than five days a week lost twice as much weight than those who did not use a journal at all. They were also more successful at keeping the weight off.
3. Eat breakfast every day: Successful dieters eat breakfast. It seems backwards, but eating breakfast helps you to keep your calories down throughout the day; you are much less likely to grab an extra snack if you eat breakfast.
4. Exercise, exercise, exercise: Engaging in physical activity regularly is the most important factor in weight loss success. Aerobic exercises, such as running and swimming, help your body burn fat while resistance training, such as weight lifting, helps your body build muscle—which is crucial to boosting your metabolism.
5. Be consistent: If you survey people who have successfully maintained their weight loss, most of them will tell you that sticking to a regular eating pattern is key to their success. In other words, they don’t vary their food intake from day to day: They don’t have “cheat days” or eat differently on the weekends compared to their weekdays.
Those are all a good head start, but there is much more you can do to lose weight.
Dr. Scott’s Metabolism Boost Program:
- Protein: Your metabolism is very closely related to how much muscle mass you have. Make sure you are eating or supplementing with a good quality protein to help build those muscles.
- Take Metabolism Boosters:
Chromium: This mineral helps to balance blood sugar and boost metabolism.
Berberine: This herb is well known to super-charge metabolism.
Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG): This is an extract found in green tea that has been shown to help support good metabolism.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
We all want to live long, healthy lives. But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL. Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time. And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term. But if you want REAL results, there’s...
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...