Is Your Spouse Saving Your Life? (You’ll Be Surprised)
We all know the saying, “Happy Wife, Happy Life.”
And, trust me, I hear it around my house plenty. Especially when there are chores to be done.
But marital bliss doesn’t just make you and your spouse feel good. It’s also the secret to long life.
And when things aren’t happy at home, research proves that your health can go off the rails… FAST.
Here’s what to do.
There have actually been quite a few studies linking happy marriages to better health and a longer life.
That makes sense. Relationships are important as we get older – and spouses also play important roles as caregivers.
But, of course, the opposite can be true, too. A bad marriage can be hazardous to your health.
Researchers from Europe looked at heart risk factors for 620 married fathers taking part in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC), which began in 1991.
Here is what they found:
- Men in bad relationships have higher blood pressure, higher cholesterol, and they weigh more.
If your marriage is going well, it helps support your good health. If your marriage is not going well, your health suffers.
What was surprising was how quickly it can change. As marital relationships deteriorated (because of some event) the men’s blood pressure rose dramatically and their health declined.
So it’s important to keep our relationships happy, as much as we can.
But if you’re struggling with that, let’s make sure we are all taking steps to protect our hearts.
Dr. Scott’s Inflammation and Heart Disease Program:
- Exercise: Exercise not only reduces inflammation, but is great for the heart (and the brain). You don’t have to be too crazy with your exercise routine, just get out and move your body around every day.
- Eat Colorful Foods: This means getting enough vegetables in your diet every day. If you can’t stand veggies, you can “cheat” by getting your veggies and other superfoods in a powered form.
- Avoid Vegetable Oils: Vegetable oils (Canola, corn, soy…), especially trans fatty acids, are like setting off tiny bombs in your blood stream which increase inflammation.
- Fish oil: One of the most powerful anti-inflammatories is fish oil. It works inside your body to keep inflammatory proteins low.
- Curcumin: This extract from turmeric is great at helping the body modulate inflammation. Unless you get a ton of this in your food, you should think about supplementing.
What this study shows is that men need to learn to take care of themselves and that being in a stable relationship was a good thing. So, yes, happy wife = happy (and healthy) life.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals what aspirin is really doing to your health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the root cause of your anxiety problems.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the latest dangerous side-effect of weight loss surgery.
This breakthrough compound will have you feeling 20 years younger in JUST 2 WEEKS!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how snoring can lead to serious health conditions.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how thousands of seniors might be misdiagnosed with MS.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which popular prescription puts you on the fast track to heart attack and stroke