Stop IBS With These Food Tricks
If you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), you know how those emergency bathroom runs can ruin your life.
Sometimes you make it to the bathroom… sometimes you don’t.
And what does the mainstream medical system do to help?
They stick you on drugs that can practically shut down your immune system… and that may only work for a little while anyway.
But beating IBS doesn’t have to be that hard.
There are a handful of foods that are probably triggering your symptoms.
And getting these foods out of your life could have you feeling better than you have in YEARS.
IBS is a complex disorder that presents itself with stomach pain, an increased urgency to go to the bathroom, or even constipation.
It is also associated with a lot of gas, bloating, and pain.
IBS is a sign of a digestive system gone awry.
The good news is that getting your digestive system back on track is possible!
Dr. Scott’s IBS Program:
Your digestive tract is irritable because something is irritating it. Simple enough, right?
Here are the most common triggers:
- Dairy products: Milk, ice cream, cheese, and yogurt (yogurt is sometimes okay).
- Legumes: All types of beans, peas, and lentils can cause irritation.
- Allium vegetables: Onions and garlic.
- Artificial Sweeteners, especially sorbitol: These are found in some types of sugar-free gums and candy.
- Gas-producing vegetables: These include Brussel sprouts and cabbage.
- High fat and greasy foods: French fries, ice cream, butter or anything fried can cause irritation.
- Wheat and corn: Found in commonly available varieties of bread, pasta, cereal and other foods.
- Certain beverages: These include soda pop, fruit drinks, alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
The best way to discover your triggers is the hard way: avoid them all (for at least two weeks). If you take them all away and your symptoms improve, then you are on the right track.
The hard part is reintroducing foods. Choose one food and put it back in your diet and then wait a few days to see what happens. If nothing changes, you get to keep that food in your diet. You then move on to the next food–this can take a while, but is worth it.
IBS is also made worse by stress, so watch out that stress is not giving you false readings when you try this test.
Once you figured out the triggers, you can move on to the next phase.
Dr. Scott’s Gut Healing Plan:
- Probiotics are necessary in our modern world because we don’t eat enough live foods. I like to rotate probiotics to get as many different strains as possible.
- Turmeric is great for balancing the microflora (bacteria) in your gut. It also helps to calm inflammation (another common feature of IBS).
- Eating well is another way to keep your gut bacteria healthy. This means keeping sugar low, eating plenty of veggies, and avoiding processed foods whenever possible.
- Sleep is another important component of both gut health and lowered anxiety. If you have trouble sleeping, try calming herbs, melatonin, and the amino acid theanine.
- Caffeine can increase anxiety. Keep your coffee, tea, and chocolate use as low as possible.
- Make sure you take your vitamins (especially a multivitamin) because people with loose bowels tend to lose vitamins when they go to the bathroom.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains why chemotherapy is more ineffective than you might think and provides alternative treatments.
Dr. Scott Olson lets you in on a little secret that will change your sleeping habits forever.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the importance of talking about digestion and the best ways to improve your digestion.
Dr. Scott Olson debunks the popular myth that new brain cells will prevent Alzheimer’s and gives you the truth instead.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals some of the worst ways mainstream drugs are wreaking havoc on your body.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with exactly what you need for a sharper, healthier brain.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the real reasons you’re not losing those stubborn pounds and how to turn it around.
Dr. Scott Olson warns you about the ultimate Big Pharma scam.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the difference between low libido and erectile dysfunction and how you can combat them both.