Stop IBS With These Food Tricks
If you suffer from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), you know how those emergency bathroom runs can ruin your life.
Sometimes you make it to the bathroom… sometimes you don’t.
And what does the mainstream medical system do to help?
They stick you on drugs that can practically shut down your immune system… and that may only work for a little while anyway.
But beating IBS doesn’t have to be that hard.
There are a handful of foods that are probably triggering your symptoms.
And getting these foods out of your life could have you feeling better than you have in YEARS.
IBS is a complex disorder that presents itself with stomach pain, an increased urgency to go to the bathroom, or even constipation.
It is also associated with a lot of gas, bloating, and pain.
IBS is a sign of a digestive system gone awry.
The good news is that getting your digestive system back on track is possible!
Dr. Scott’s IBS Program:
Your digestive tract is irritable because something is irritating it. Simple enough, right?
Here are the most common triggers:
- Dairy products: Milk, ice cream, cheese, and yogurt (yogurt is sometimes okay).
- Legumes: All types of beans, peas, and lentils can cause irritation.
- Allium vegetables: Onions and garlic.
- Artificial Sweeteners, especially sorbitol: These are found in some types of sugar-free gums and candy.
- Gas-producing vegetables: These include Brussel sprouts and cabbage.
- High fat and greasy foods: French fries, ice cream, butter or anything fried can cause irritation.
- Wheat and corn: Found in commonly available varieties of bread, pasta, cereal and other foods.
- Certain beverages: These include soda pop, fruit drinks, alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
The best way to discover your triggers is the hard way: avoid them all (for at least two weeks). If you take them all away and your symptoms improve, then you are on the right track.
The hard part is reintroducing foods. Choose one food and put it back in your diet and then wait a few days to see what happens. If nothing changes, you get to keep that food in your diet. You then move on to the next food–this can take a while, but is worth it.
IBS is also made worse by stress, so watch out that stress is not giving you false readings when you try this test.
Once you figured out the triggers, you can move on to the next phase.
Dr. Scott’s Gut Healing Plan:
- Probiotics are necessary in our modern world because we don’t eat enough live foods. I like to rotate probiotics to get as many different strains as possible.
- Turmeric is great for balancing the microflora (bacteria) in your gut. It also helps to calm inflammation (another common feature of IBS).
- Eating well is another way to keep your gut bacteria healthy. This means keeping sugar low, eating plenty of veggies, and avoiding processed foods whenever possible.
- Sleep is another important component of both gut health and lowered anxiety. If you have trouble sleeping, try calming herbs, melatonin, and the amino acid theanine.
- Caffeine can increase anxiety. Keep your coffee, tea, and chocolate use as low as possible.
- Make sure you take your vitamins (especially a multivitamin) because people with loose bowels tend to lose vitamins when they go to the bathroom.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
We all want to live long, healthy lives. But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL. Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time. And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term. But if you want REAL results, there’s...
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...