Is this “Suicide Diet” Killing You?
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Listen, none of us are perfect.
But if you’re like a lot of patients I’ve known, you at least try to eat reasonably well and avoid the worst junk food.
Well, it’s a lot harder than you’d think.
Because major food companies are loading much of what we eat with additives and chemicals that aren’t just bad for you… they’re actually addictive.
You could be following what I call a “suicide diet” without even realizing it.
Let me show you why… and what you can do about it.
Food is supposed to provide your body with the nutrition it needs.
If your body doesn’t get the right nutrients, it doesn’t work and it will eventually fail (heart disease, cancer, brain problems, etc.).
We are not getting the right nutrients for a number of reasons.
Most of our food is over-heated, processed, and filled with crazy chemicals that your body actually gets addicted to.
Even if you do what I do, and make most of your food at home, you are far from being free of the grasp of industrial food. This is because our food is often grown on depleted soil.
Let’s look at what we are missing:
- Iron is one of the more common deficiencies in the world. It is especially common in kids and women. Low iron leaves you feeling tired and weak, with a bad immune system and impaired brain function.
- Iodine is needed for thyroid hormones and iodine deficiency is a reason many of us gain weight and have bad metabolism. Iodine is added to common table salt (but I don’t recommend this kind of salt to anyone). You can get enough iodine by supplementing.
- Vitamin D is a very common deficiency. It is called the sunshine vitamin because it is created in your body when sunlight hits you skin. Vitamin D helps us absorb calcium (for good bones) and is important for skin, brain health, and even sleep. I recommend supplementing because most people don’t get enough.
- Vitamin K is the “lost vitamin” because no one is talking about it. Vitamin K is essential for bone health, blood clotting, to keep your arteries clear, and good brain health.
- Magnesium is essential if you want strong bones, a good mind, good sleep, and reduced anxiety.
- Potassium is one nutrient that almost no one gets enough of in their diet. It helps with water balance and is needed for nerve conditions and heart health. This is one nutrient I’m going to tell you not to supplement. You have to get it in food. Yes, bananas do contain potassium, but so does spinach, tomatoes, potatoes, avocados, sweet potatoes and even salmon.
Probably the biggest lacking nutrients are the plant nutrients.
These nutrients, which include polyphenols, carotenoids, flavonoids, and others are non-vitamins that our bodies desperately need. All of these nutrients help fight off chronic diseases and help us feel better. To make sure I’m getting enough, I supplement daily with a superfoods blend.
Yes, the nutritional cards are stacked against you, but you can fight back by eating well and supplementing where you need to.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the most deadly diseases men tend to ignore and their warning signs.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how fixing your gut health can fix your heart problems in no time!
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.