This Superfood REVERSES Aging
I’ll admit it… I love mushrooms.
And not just because they taste good.
I’ve actually used mushrooms to help treat more patients than I can count.
And the reason is simple – mushrooms learn to survive in some pretty tough environments.
That means they develop specific nutrients that can fight bacteria, viruses, toxins, and even cancer.
When we eat mushrooms, we get the benefits of those nutrients.
In fact, mushrooms may be one of the greatest anti-aging superfoods on the planet.
But here’s the trick – you need to make sure you’re getting the right kinds.
Two of the most powerful nutrients in mushrooms have been studied extensively: ergothioneine and glutathione.
Ergothioneine was discovered over a century ago, but ignored until recent studies showed it acts as a powerful antioxidant in our bodies.
That means it hunts down and neutralizes the free radicals that trigger early aging and disease.
Glutathione, is better known as a master antioxidant. It’s been shown to lower your risk of everything from cancer to Alzheimer’s.
And the best source of these powerful nutrients? Mushrooms.
A research paper was recently published from the Penn State Center for Plant and Mushroom Products for the health journal, Food Chemistry. The team at Penn State found that the common white button mushrooms have low levels of the two antioxidants, but still higher levels than most foods.
The best mushrooms for antioxidant power are Chaga, Cordyceps, Lion’s Mane, Reishi, Maitake, Turkey Tail, and Shiitake. These mushrooms used to be hard to find, but now most grocery stores carry them.
Portabella mushrooms (which are common) have about the same ergothioneine and glutathione as white button mushrooms.
But if you really want to super-charge your anti-aging program, try this, too:
Dr. Scott’s Antioxidant and Anti-Aging Program:
- Get 1000-3000 IU of vitamin D every day. Especially in winter, you need to supplement every day.
- Exercise. Getting enough exercise not only helps in your anti-aging program, but you can also get more sunshine–which helps your body produce its own vitamin D.
- Eat a diet full of color and as many veggies as you can.
- Take anti-aging nutrients. Alpha-lipoic acid, CoQ10, and astaxanthin are powerful antioxidants and anti-aging nutrients.
- Keep your blood sugar under control. One of the other reasons we age fast is because of out-of-control blood sugar. Use the mineral chromium and the herbal extract berberine to help keep your blood sugar under control.
- Make sure you have enough nutrients to support your whole body. This usually means taking a multivitamin to make up for nutrient shortfalls.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals what aspirin is really doing to your health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the root cause of your anxiety problems.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the latest dangerous side-effect of weight loss surgery.
This breakthrough compound will have you feeling 20 years younger in JUST 2 WEEKS!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how snoring can lead to serious health conditions.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how thousands of seniors might be misdiagnosed with MS.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which popular prescription puts you on the fast track to heart attack and stroke