This Superfood STOPS Alzheimer’s
It seems like there’s a new “superfood” in the news every week.
And I’ll be honest with you – most of it is just over-hyped nonsense.
But I recently saw something that absolutely blew me away.
There’s a dirt cheap food that actually has the power to stop Alzheimer’s in its tracks.
And it just may save you from a heart attack or stroke, too.
There is a compound in beets called betanin that give them their red color.
But that’s not all betanin does.
Scientists presenting at a recent American Chemical Society (ACS) meeting that found that betanin appears to inhibit certain chemical reactions in the brain that are involved in the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Basically, betanin helps block the formation of plaques in the brain.
This is a big deal. Brain plaques destroy brain tissue and are the cardinal sign of Alzheimer’s disease.
But beets are great for you in other ways, too.
Beets are a great source of nitrates, which do many amazing things in our bodies like:
- Lower blood pressure (which helps you avoid a heart attack or stroke)
- Increase athletic endurance
- Enhance sexual performance
You can simply eat more beets, but you can also take them as a powder or a supplement.
Since we are talking about helping your brain out though, here are the nutrients your brain needs most:
- Zinc: This mineral is a big part of your immune system, but it also has a huge impact on mental health. Studies have shown zinc helps with mood disorders, depression, and anxiety. You can find zinc in red meat, poultry, beans, and whole grains.
- Omega-3s: I can’t say enough about essential fatty acids EPA/DHA. These are one of the biggest deficiencies in the modern world and almost completely missing from our diets. Studies have shown omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart, immune system, brain, and blood vessels. I recommend supplementing one to three grams a day.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known as a bone vitamin, but it is much more than that. There are many studies linking low vitamin D to depression and even mental illness. There are vitamin D receptors in the brain, and they are located near known depression centers. If you live near the equator and spend a good amount of time outside, forget supplementing. Otherwise, make sure you supplement, especially in the winter (but don’t forget you should always take vitamin D with vitamin K).
- B vitamins: Want to guarantee you feel depressed? Make sure you avoid the B vitamins. B vitamins contribute to depression, but also dementia, and poor thinking. B vitamins can be found in beef liver, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products. Make sure you are getting enough B12, B6, folate, and biotin.
- Iodine: Iodine is the principle ingredient in thyroid hormone – which is out master regulator of metabolism. Without thyroid hormone, everything slows down (including your brain). Your solution is to eat plenty of seafood, or supplement with iodine.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
We all want to live long, healthy lives. But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL. Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time. And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term. But if you want REAL results, there’s...
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...