This Superfood STOPS Alzheimer’s
It seems like there’s a new “superfood” in the news every week.
And I’ll be honest with you – most of it is just over-hyped nonsense.
But I recently saw something that absolutely blew me away.
There’s a dirt cheap food that actually has the power to stop Alzheimer’s in its tracks.
And it just may save you from a heart attack or stroke, too.
There is a compound in beets called betanin that give them their red color.
But that’s not all betanin does.
Scientists presenting at a recent American Chemical Society (ACS) meeting that found that betanin appears to inhibit certain chemical reactions in the brain that are involved in the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Basically, betanin helps block the formation of plaques in the brain.
This is a big deal. Brain plaques destroy brain tissue and are the cardinal sign of Alzheimer’s disease.
But beets are great for you in other ways, too.
Beets are a great source of nitrates, which do many amazing things in our bodies like:
- Lower blood pressure (which helps you avoid a heart attack or stroke)
- Increase athletic endurance
- Enhance sexual performance
You can simply eat more beets, but you can also take them as a powder or a supplement.
Since we are talking about helping your brain out though, here are the nutrients your brain needs most:
- Zinc: This mineral is a big part of your immune system, but it also has a huge impact on mental health. Studies have shown zinc helps with mood disorders, depression, and anxiety. You can find zinc in red meat, poultry, beans, and whole grains.
- Omega-3s: I can’t say enough about essential fatty acids EPA/DHA. These are one of the biggest deficiencies in the modern world and almost completely missing from our diets. Studies have shown omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart, immune system, brain, and blood vessels. I recommend supplementing one to three grams a day.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known as a bone vitamin, but it is much more than that. There are many studies linking low vitamin D to depression and even mental illness. There are vitamin D receptors in the brain, and they are located near known depression centers. If you live near the equator and spend a good amount of time outside, forget supplementing. Otherwise, make sure you supplement, especially in the winter (but don’t forget you should always take vitamin D with vitamin K).
- B vitamins: Want to guarantee you feel depressed? Make sure you avoid the B vitamins. B vitamins contribute to depression, but also dementia, and poor thinking. B vitamins can be found in beef liver, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products. Make sure you are getting enough B12, B6, folate, and biotin.
- Iodine: Iodine is the principle ingredient in thyroid hormone – which is out master regulator of metabolism. Without thyroid hormone, everything slows down (including your brain). Your solution is to eat plenty of seafood, or supplement with iodine.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a powerhouse supplement can REBUILD your joints!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a weird condition is ruining your health!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals what your BP drugs are doing to your health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which diabetes meds are causing serious genital infections.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals his secret to never having another migraine!