This Superfood STOPS Alzheimer’s
It seems like there’s a new “superfood” in the news every week.
And I’ll be honest with you – most of it is just over-hyped nonsense.
But I recently saw something that absolutely blew me away.
There’s a dirt cheap food that actually has the power to stop Alzheimer’s in its tracks.
And it just may save you from a heart attack or stroke, too.
There is a compound in beets called betanin that give them their red color.
But that’s not all betanin does.
Scientists presenting at a recent American Chemical Society (ACS) meeting that found that betanin appears to inhibit certain chemical reactions in the brain that are involved in the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Basically, betanin helps block the formation of plaques in the brain.
This is a big deal. Brain plaques destroy brain tissue and are the cardinal sign of Alzheimer’s disease.
But beets are great for you in other ways, too.
Beets are a great source of nitrates, which do many amazing things in our bodies like:
- Lower blood pressure (which helps you avoid a heart attack or stroke)
- Increase athletic endurance
- Enhance sexual performance
You can simply eat more beets, but you can also take them as a powder or a supplement.
Since we are talking about helping your brain out though, here are the nutrients your brain needs most:
- Zinc: This mineral is a big part of your immune system, but it also has a huge impact on mental health. Studies have shown zinc helps with mood disorders, depression, and anxiety. You can find zinc in red meat, poultry, beans, and whole grains.
- Omega-3s: I can’t say enough about essential fatty acids EPA/DHA. These are one of the biggest deficiencies in the modern world and almost completely missing from our diets. Studies have shown omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart, immune system, brain, and blood vessels. I recommend supplementing one to three grams a day.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is known as a bone vitamin, but it is much more than that. There are many studies linking low vitamin D to depression and even mental illness. There are vitamin D receptors in the brain, and they are located near known depression centers. If you live near the equator and spend a good amount of time outside, forget supplementing. Otherwise, make sure you supplement, especially in the winter (but don’t forget you should always take vitamin D with vitamin K).
- B vitamins: Want to guarantee you feel depressed? Make sure you avoid the B vitamins. B vitamins contribute to depression, but also dementia, and poor thinking. B vitamins can be found in beef liver, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products. Make sure you are getting enough B12, B6, folate, and biotin.
- Iodine: Iodine is the principle ingredient in thyroid hormone – which is out master regulator of metabolism. Without thyroid hormone, everything slows down (including your brain). Your solution is to eat plenty of seafood, or supplement with iodine.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It’s not the foundation of youth… but it may be the next best thing. Research proves that a simple vitamin can slow the aging process and add quality years to your life.
The government and health groups have been scaring people away from salt for years. But salt holds the key to protecting your health – and even extending your life.
Nobody should have to live with Parkinson’s disease – and you don’t have to. Follow my plan to slash your Parkinson’s risk.
Drug companies have been pushing risky diabetes meds for years – and the disease hasn’t slowed down one bit. Here’s how to start naturally reversing diabetes before it’s too late.
Big Pharma is in a campaign of denial about proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). But the evidence is clear – they do permanent harm to your brain.
Most men with prostate cancer are steered toward aggressive surgery. But guys who have been through the ordeal wish they hadn’t – and say they’d never do it again.
Even mainstream doctors are catching on to the wonders of vitamin D. But the advice they’re handing out is wrong… and harmful.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret poison leaking in your kitchen and what you can do to stop it.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the truth about blood pressure medication, and how Big Pharma is profiting off of it.