The REAL Cause of Your Migraines (Surprising)
When Bill told me about his blinding and agonizing headaches, he said “They came out of now where… and I just can’t get rid of them.”
Bill was suffering from migraine headaches. And they were keeping him from the things and people he loves.
But I can assure you that these headaches didn’t come out of nowhere.
I could take one look at Bill and know EXACTLY why his head was pounding.
It’s the same reason millions of Americans are getting diabetes… heart disease… and cancer.
Fortunately, there’s a sure-fire way to STOP this underlying cause.
And it can do wonders for your overall health, too.
Migraines are more common in women than men up until a certain age.
Once men hit their 50’s and 60’s… and the weight piles on… up goes their chances of developing migraine.
And that’s exactly what happened to Bill. He gained 25 pounds in his 60’s and his migraines started.
You see, a new study from the Leiden University Medical Centre in the Netherlands found a close relationship between migraines and overweight men.
Experts report that carrying extra pounds – particularly around your belly – increases your levels of the hormone estrogen.
And having high estrogen throws your body chemistry off… leading to migraines, cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
So, dropping the weight will help you STOP migraines and other diseases… especially if you’re a man.
Plus, there are other ways to reduce estrogen, too.
Dr. Scott’s Men’s Guide to Reducing Estrogen:
- Eat Cruciferous Vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, bok choy, and turnip greens, contain high amounts of good chemicals called glucosinolates. The liver uses glucosinolates to transform and detoxify estrogens from the body.
- Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and 3,3’–diindolylmethane (DIM): These powerful antioxidants are both found in cruciferous vegetables, but it is best to supplement with them. I suggest taking I3C 200 mg of I3C and 100 milligrams of DIM every day.
- B Vitamins: Your liver needs your help removing estrogens and the B vitamins (especially vitamin B12, folate, betaine, and choline) are great at doing this. These nutrients, known as methyl donors, kick start a biochemical process known as methylation that helps your body process estrogen. Good dietary sources include meat, fish, shellfish, eggs, spinach, beets, and quinoa.
- Fiber: The liver can detoxify estrogens, but leave they leave the body when they become attached to fiber in the food we eat. The only way to make sure estrogens leave the body is to make sure you eat enough fiber.
- Blood Sugar Control: Belly fat is a sign of poor blood sugar control. You can get to better sugar control by avoiding sugars and processed foods and by supplementing with the mineral chromium and the herbal extract berberine.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
I spent an hour cleaning my desk before sitting down to write this week’s articles. It’s incredible how having some order clears your mind and lifts your mood. In fact, the stress-relieving benefits of decluttering have even been studied… When a group of researchers asked women how messy they thought their homes were, the ones...
When someone you love is battling Alzheimer’s, it’s heartbreaking. You want to do everything possible to ensure they live the happiest and most fulfilled life possible. And yet, all too often, you’re left feeling helpless in the face of overwhelming symptoms that threaten to destroy their quality of life. One of the MOST disturbing for...
“Why does chemo also destroy good cells?” Martha from Kansas City, MO Hi Martha, We tend to think of “chemotherapy” as a single treatment. But the truth is, there are various types of chemotherapies. And they work in different ways. In general, chemotherapy destroys healthy cells, not just the cancerous ones, because it’s a non-specific or...
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...