Want a Super Brain? Try This
I was reading some medical research recently, when I noticed something AMAZING.
A new study got DRAMATIC results helping people with psychosis (a wide term that includes: paranoia, hallucinations, depression, irritability, rage, suicidal thoughts, and lots more).
That’s a big deal, because psychosis is incredibly hard to treat.
Even better? The researchers got these results doing something amazingly simple that required no drugs at all.
And they discovered something that can make ALL of our brains work better.
New research published in the journal Schizophrenia Researchfound that treating people with a diet low in carbohydrates not only dramatically improved symptoms, but the results are better than any drug on the market.
Think about that: change your diet and you change your brain.
The people in the study also lost a significant amount of weight and reported a better quality of life.
Let’s see a drug do that!
While it is a small study, it is important to remember that psychosis is a tough nut to crack.
And if changing diet can help someone with severe problems, then it tells us a lot about what can help our brains.
But diet is just a piece of the (brain) puzzle.
Dr. Scott’s Better Brain Program
- Eat a diet high in vegetables and good proteins. Add as many veggies as you can to your diet and eat good-quality proteins.
- Avoid processed foodsand foods with too much sugar and vegetable oils. These increase inflammation in the body–which is deadly to your brain.
- Keep your blood sugar under control. This may be why the low-carb diet was so effective at treating psychosis. Limiting your carbs keeps your blood sugar down, and blood sugar and brain health are closely tied together. If you need help controlling blood sugar, look to supplements that contain chromium and berberine.
- Eat good fats. The very best fats you can put in your body are the omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil). Not only does your brain need these oils, but fish oils also help to tamp down runaway inflammation. Take 1-3 grams of fish oil (EPA/DHA) every day.
- Exercise. There is not a single thing that is better for your brain than exercise. Get out and move your body around every day.
- Supplement: Add in brain-healthy nutrients including curcumin and Bacopa to help boost brain activity.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains why chemotherapy is more ineffective than you might think and provides alternative treatments.
Dr. Scott Olson lets you in on a little secret that will change your sleeping habits forever.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the importance of talking about digestion and the best ways to improve your digestion.
Dr. Scott Olson debunks the popular myth that new brain cells will prevent Alzheimer’s and gives you the truth instead.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals some of the worst ways mainstream drugs are wreaking havoc on your body.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with exactly what you need for a sharper, healthier brain.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the real reasons you’re not losing those stubborn pounds and how to turn it around.
Dr. Scott Olson warns you about the ultimate Big Pharma scam.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the difference between low libido and erectile dysfunction and how you can combat them both.