Want a Super Brain? Try This
I was reading some medical research recently, when I noticed something AMAZING.
A new study got DRAMATIC results helping people with psychosis (a wide term that includes: paranoia, hallucinations, depression, irritability, rage, suicidal thoughts, and lots more).
That’s a big deal, because psychosis is incredibly hard to treat.
Even better? The researchers got these results doing something amazingly simple that required no drugs at all.
And they discovered something that can make ALL of our brains work better.
New research published in the journal Schizophrenia Researchfound that treating people with a diet low in carbohydrates not only dramatically improved symptoms, but the results are better than any drug on the market.
Think about that: change your diet and you change your brain.
The people in the study also lost a significant amount of weight and reported a better quality of life.
Let’s see a drug do that!
While it is a small study, it is important to remember that psychosis is a tough nut to crack.
And if changing diet can help someone with severe problems, then it tells us a lot about what can help our brains.
But diet is just a piece of the (brain) puzzle.
Dr. Scott’s Better Brain Program
- Eat a diet high in vegetables and good proteins. Add as many veggies as you can to your diet and eat good-quality proteins.
- Avoid processed foodsand foods with too much sugar and vegetable oils. These increase inflammation in the body–which is deadly to your brain.
- Keep your blood sugar under control. This may be why the low-carb diet was so effective at treating psychosis. Limiting your carbs keeps your blood sugar down, and blood sugar and brain health are closely tied together. If you need help controlling blood sugar, look to supplements that contain chromium and berberine.
- Eat good fats. The very best fats you can put in your body are the omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil). Not only does your brain need these oils, but fish oils also help to tamp down runaway inflammation. Take 1-3 grams of fish oil (EPA/DHA) every day.
- Exercise. There is not a single thing that is better for your brain than exercise. Get out and move your body around every day.
- Supplement: Add in brain-healthy nutrients including curcumin and Bacopa to help boost brain activity.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the drugs that are increasing your risk of dementia and provides healthy alternatives to them.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the best ways to keep your brain health in tip top shape so you never forget a thing.
Dr. Scott Olson gives you the simple solutions to stop and reverse your diabetes.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes yet another weight loss scam that will leave you less healthy than you were when you started. Instead, try these proven tips for weight loss.
Dr. Scott Olson gives you the inside scoop on this easy trick that eliminates your excess gas problem for good.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the popular “health” trend that could be fatal to you and your loved ones.
Dr. Scott Olson tells you how your blood type can affect the future of your health.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the best advice to get your brain sharper than ever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the latest drug scandal Big Pharma’s running, and how it can lead you to a life of debt and addiction.