Weird! Your Body Shape PREDICTS Your Future
Imagine if you had a crystal ball that could predict the future of your health.
Picture looking into that ball, and finding out you were on your way to serious heart disease… or diabetes.
You’d make changes now to keep yourself safe, right? You know, before it’s too late.
Well, believe it or not, this crystal ball exists.
The shape of your body actually determines the serious health risks you face.
What’s YOUR shape? Read on to find out.
According to science, there are three major body types: Apple, Pear, and Rectangle (or Hourglass for women). Each of these body types have different health risks.
Apples: If you have this body type, you hold fat around your gut (this is the classic beer belly). This fat is called “visceral fat” and it builds up around your organs – and harms them over time.
- Your risks are: heart disease, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and certain cancers like colon or uterine.
- The good news? While it might not seem it, apples have an easier time getting rid of fat than other body types. You respond well to exercise and dietary changes (so get out there and make those changes!).
Pears: These are people who store excess fat in the lower half of their body. This fat is called “passive fat” and is more common in women (but some men have it, too). This fat is not as dangerous as visceral fat, but it is harder to get rid of.
- Your risks are: varicose veins and knee or leg joint problems.
- The good news? The fat you carry around doesn’t increase your risk for disease as much as apples.
Rectangle/Hourglass: Men are rectangle, women are hourglass. These people tend to carry weight all around and have risks very similar to Apples.
Now that you know what body type you are, let’s get rid of that extra fat.
Dr. Scott’s Plan for Burning Fat:
- Protein: You need to eat protein to feel full, have less appetite, and lower your cravings. Protein easily fills you up and takes more energy to digest than any other types of food. Protein also helps build muscle mass – which pushes your metabolism into overdrive.
- Exercise: Find an exercise you like doing and do that a lot. Your exercise can be walking, golfing, swimming, biking… anything you enjoy.
- Eat like an Italian or Greek: The best diet on the planet is called the Mediterranean Diet – which includes fish, poultry, vegetables, nuts, and olive oil. You can make this work for you by including a veggie with every meal and make olive oil your standard oil.
- Drink only water: This is the hardest step for most people, but the calories that come from drinking anything but water are calories you don’t need. If you want to drink something else, try green tea or coffee – these kick your metabolism into high gear and help your weight loss.
- Berberine: This plant extract helps to reduce inflammation and gives that fat switch a good kick in the backend. The studies supporting use of berberine for weight loss are strong.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: email@example.com – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Ease Anxiety with THIS Belly Hack
I’m always encouraging patients to focus on their gastrointestinal health. It’s often overlooked—and well-balanced belly bugs are vital for overall good health. So I’m not surprised that I’ve seen a lot of folks lately who have told me that working on their gut balance has been absolutely LIFE-CHANGING. But it’s NOT in the way you’re...
Is Fish Oil Enough? (What You Might be Missing Out On)
I love talking about the active elements in foods because it highlights the powerful health benefits of those individual ingredients. Take fish oil, for instance. If you search the Living Well Daily archives, you’d likely find THOUSANDS of references to this golden fish extract. Fish oil contains the essential fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and...
The STUNNING Truth About Back Pain
“I feel like I can barely do anything anymore because of my back pain. I’m always taking pain meds. What else can help?” – Ed, Huntsville, AL Hi Ed, Brace yourself. What I’m about to tell you about back pain will no doubt come as a surprise. It might even seem downright unbelievable at first....
FILTHY FACTS About Your Cell Phone
Taking a trip to the bathroom used to be a break from the chaos of daily life. It’s likely at least partially responsible for the nickname restroom. After all, there wasn’t much to do in that room unless you had a magazine to read. But nowadays, for many of us, the restroom is anything BUT...
EAR Test Protects Your BRAIN?
Hearing loss has a habit of sneaking up on folks. Typically, it happens so slowly that you don’t notice it until you’ve lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of hearing. According to the National Institutes of Health, about 8 percent of adults 55 to 64 have disabling hearing loss. That number jumps to 25 percent for people...
Missing "Lucky Penny" Mineral Harms Your Heart
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some nutrients get all the glory. There are the vitamin A-Listers like C, D, and E. And although minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium might be considered B-List stars, they ALSO get their fair share of attention. But one vital nutrient never gets to walk the red carpet. And that...
Risk of Stroke SURGES 50% Worldwide?!
It’s NOT good news. A recent report by the World Health Organization (WHO), confirmed that the chance of having a stroke has skyrocketed by a whopping 50 percent in the last twenty years. According to the WHO, that means your stroke risk is now about one in four. Next time you’re in a crowd, look...
Is Tofu GOOD for You? (The Truth REVEALED)
I often wonder why so many people are passionate about tofu. There’s something about it that triggers strong emotions. Some folks HATE it, while others LOVE it. But is it good for you? Well, it’s complicated. Tofu is a fermented soy product. It tastes bland alone. But it takes on the taste of whatever you...
Bizarre New Cell Phone Risk (Beware)
I sometimes joke with my (adult) kids. “Do you know,” I ask, “that the PHONE you carry around with you all the time can make phone calls?” They laugh and mumble, “Old,” under their breath. I swear the generations who grew up with a cell phone attached to their palm will do almost anything to...
MAILBAG: Crush COPD Symptoms NATURALLY
“Got any natural treatments for COPD?” – Mike, Ann Arbor, MI Dear Mike, Unfortunately, COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, is a common condition. In fact, it’s now the third leading cause of death in the United States. COPD causes the airways to constrict, making breathing difficult or uncomfortable. Persistent coughing, excess mucus production, wheezing,...