Why Your Body NEEDS Sleep
Getting good sleep is a BIG deal.
Proper rest is essential for your body and mind to fire on all cylinders.
But when you don’t get the ZZZs you need, it can really throw your health out of whack.
And the mainstream’s risky meds won’t help you. In fact, they can make your sleep problems WORSE.
Fortunately, there are easy, drug-free ways to get a good night’s sleep.
Let me show you.
Sleep is so important to us humans because we have internal clocks (called the circadian rhythm).
Your internal clock regulates critical functions throughout our bodies, such as hormone levels, behavior, body temperature, and metabolism.
Mess with your clock and you mess with all of that.
Researchers found we have a natural sleep-wake-sleep cycle. But when we work the night shift or fly around the world, or simply fail to get a good night’s sleep it throws our internal clock out of balance.
You know this because one night of bad sleep usually leads more nights of bad sleep (like you clock has been reset to another time).
Getting a good night’s sleep is important because without it your:
- Blood pressure goes up
- Hunger hormones increase
- Blood sugar drops
- Your brain gets foggy
Luckily, there are some easy ways to reset your body clock… and get your sleep back on track.
Dr. Scott’s Better-Sleep Program:
- Melatonin is the natural sleep hormone and is the best tool you have for getting your body clock back in working order.
- Exercise is one of the best paths to a good night’s sleep. When your body is physically tired, your mind has no choice but to give in. Find an exercise you love and increase how much you are exercising when you feel stressed.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon. This means coffee, tea, chocolate, and energy drinks.
- Sleeping alone is another option for people who are woken up by their mate. The National Sleep Foundation found that nearly 25 percent of couples sleep in separate beds.
- Calming herbs such as hops, passionflower, lemon balm, chamomile, and valerian all help relax the body and mind.
- Theanine is an amino acid found in green tea that helps people feel calm.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the one fruit you should eat everyday for eye health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals a “youth pill” that helps seniors age in reverse!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals who to boost your testosterone naturally.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to keep your body strong no matter your age.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about weight loss surgery
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the telltale signs of blood sugar issues.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to BEAT depression without the mainstream’s dangerous drugs.