Discovered! The WORST Drug Side Effect Yet
Every time I see a drug ad on TV, I want to throw my shoe at the set.
And if those flat screens didn’t cost so much, I would.
By the time the announcer is done listing the drug side effects, he’s practically out of breath.
You know that prescription drugs can cause liver damage… nausea… crippling fatigue… and even diabetes and cancer.
But it turns out that some of the most popular drugs on the market are doing something else to our bodies.
You’ve NEVER been warned about it… but it can destroy your health FAST.
In his book, Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, And Stimulants—Dangerous Drugs on Trial, Dr. David W Tanton looks at a group of antidepressants and categorizes them by their ability to destroy vitamins and minerals in our bodies.
Look at the nutrients that Dr. Tanton says these drugs are depleting:
- Adderall depletes vitamin B12, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and Celexa deplete vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, sodium, zinc, and glutathione.
- Wellbutrin and Zyban deplete vitamin B6, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, and sodium.
- Remeron depletes vitamin B6, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, and sodium.
- Effexor depletes vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, and glutathione.
- Risperdal, Zyperxa, and Seroquel deplete vitamin A, B1, B12, biotin, folic acid, carnitine, inositol, vitamins C, D, and K, and calcium.
- Depakote depletes vitamins A, B1, B2, and B12, biotin, folic acid, carnitine, inositol, vitamins C, D, and K, calcium, magnesium, and essential fatty acids.
But that is not all, there are many other drugs that steal vitamins from us:
- Statin drugs (for cholesterol) rob us of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).
- Blood sugar medications (Metformin) deplete vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Blood pressure medications (Beta Blockers) deplete CoQ10 and melatonin (your sleep hormone).
- Diuretics (Furosemide) remove calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C, B1 and B6, and zinc.
- Antacids deplete vitamin B12, vitamin D, and calcium.
- Prescription medications for constipation (Miralax) deplete vitamins A, D, E, K, B12, calcium, iron, and zinc.
- Birth control pills deplete calcium, folic acid, magnesium, vitamins B2, B6, B12, C, and zinc.
- Antibiotics deplete biotin, inositol, ALL major vitamins (water and fat soluble), calcium, folic acid, and potassium.
- Pain medications (over the counter, Motrin, Aleve, etc.) deplete folic acid, vitamin C, zinc, and glutathione.
You should remember there are good natural alternatives to most chronic health problems.
If you are taking drugs, make sure you are getting the nutrients your body needs. Start with a quality multi-vitamin every day.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It always puzzles me how anyone thinks we can spray toxic chemicals on our crops and NOT have them affect our health! Because despite what food manufacturers may claim, chemical residues from pesticides and herbicides show up on (and IN) the conventionally grown food we eat. And research makes it clear that these creepy chemicals...
I think you’ll agree that aging should come with some perks. And chief among them is FINALLY having the time to relax and enjoy the retirement you earned. But that’s awfully hard to do if you’re losing your eyesight due to macular degeneration. Instead, your golden years become tarnished by having to focus on learning...
How does that old saying go? An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. We all know it’s easier to STOP something from happening in the first place than to repair the damage after it’s happened. And with all of its complications, including shortening your lifespan, type 2 diabetes is well worth preventing!...
I’ve had patients make some pretty strange claims about their arthritis. Many folks swear they can “feel a storm coming” in their joints. And I’ve heard this one so often (and had them be spot-on about that storm) that I believe it’s true. Other patients claim their joint pain gets worse when eating tomatoes. And...
If you’re “of a certain age,” I bet you remember that iconic old slogan from the late 70s, “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.” It always springs to mind when I see a sharp person’s memory start to fade away. They soon become unable to make decisions for themselves. Eventually, they even have...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, “Most of my family has been hit with COVID. We’re thinking it’s the latest variant. Are there any extra, new recommendations for protecting yourself against the variant? (Aside from washing your hands?) My husband and I have tested negative so far, but we want to be careful.” –Tammy from Lancaster,...
If you have diabetes, it’s almost certain that your conventional medical doctor put you on a blood sugar-lowering drug. And there’s ALSO a strong possibility that the drug makes you feel terrible. Common side effects include gas, bloating, upset stomach, kidney issues, and fatigue. Even worse, over time, these drugs become less effective. So even...
Okay, I’ll admit it. There have been times I’ve found it tough to maintain an optimistic outlook these last few years. And I’m not alone. Studies show that unhappiness and loneliness are on the rise. That’s TERRIBLE news for our health. Because when you combine the two, it can deliver a devastating blow to your...
It’s the nuttiest time of year. And I’m not just talking about the decorating, shopping, and holiday chaos… I’m literally talking about NUTS. Sure, we eat these tasty treats all year round. But when the holidays approach our nut consumption goes through the roof. We eat more nuts from October through December than any other...
Regular readers know I’m gaga for coffee. My favorite brew is downright delicious, of course. But even better, coffee is packed full of powerful phytochemicals that are natural antioxidants. In other words, coffee helps fight off the free radicals that play a role in heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and more. But I get asked a...