Discovered! The WORST Drug Side Effect Yet
Every time I see a drug ad on TV, I want to throw my shoe at the set.
And if those flat screens didn’t cost so much, I would.
By the time the announcer is done listing the drug side effects, he’s practically out of breath.
You know that prescription drugs can cause liver damage… nausea… crippling fatigue… and even diabetes and cancer.
But it turns out that some of the most popular drugs on the market are doing something else to our bodies.
You’ve NEVER been warned about it… but it can destroy your health FAST.
In his book, Antidepressants, Antipsychotics, And Stimulants—Dangerous Drugs on Trial, Dr. David W Tanton looks at a group of antidepressants and categorizes them by their ability to destroy vitamins and minerals in our bodies.
Look at the nutrients that Dr. Tanton says these drugs are depleting:
- Adderall depletes vitamin B12, vitamin C, and potassium.
- Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, and Celexa deplete vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, sodium, zinc, and glutathione.
- Wellbutrin and Zyban deplete vitamin B6, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, and sodium.
- Remeron depletes vitamin B6, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, and sodium.
- Effexor depletes vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folic acid, vitamin C, D, coenzyme Q10, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, zinc, and glutathione.
- Risperdal, Zyperxa, and Seroquel deplete vitamin A, B1, B12, biotin, folic acid, carnitine, inositol, vitamins C, D, and K, and calcium.
- Depakote depletes vitamins A, B1, B2, and B12, biotin, folic acid, carnitine, inositol, vitamins C, D, and K, calcium, magnesium, and essential fatty acids.
But that is not all, there are many other drugs that steal vitamins from us:
- Statin drugs (for cholesterol) rob us of coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10).
- Blood sugar medications (Metformin) deplete vitamin B12 and folic acid.
- Blood pressure medications (Beta Blockers) deplete CoQ10 and melatonin (your sleep hormone).
- Diuretics (Furosemide) remove calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins C, B1 and B6, and zinc.
- Antacids deplete vitamin B12, vitamin D, and calcium.
- Prescription medications for constipation (Miralax) deplete vitamins A, D, E, K, B12, calcium, iron, and zinc.
- Birth control pills deplete calcium, folic acid, magnesium, vitamins B2, B6, B12, C, and zinc.
- Antibiotics deplete biotin, inositol, ALL major vitamins (water and fat soluble), calcium, folic acid, and potassium.
- Pain medications (over the counter, Motrin, Aleve, etc.) deplete folic acid, vitamin C, zinc, and glutathione.
You should remember there are good natural alternatives to most chronic health problems.
If you are taking drugs, make sure you are getting the nutrients your body needs. Start with a quality multi-vitamin every day.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Slim Down with This FAT-BURNING Hack
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, There’s more weight-loss advice out there than there are stars in the sky. Much of it’s complicated, strenuous, or downright impossible to follow. With the promise of slimming down, people push everything from extreme exercise to gross drinks you must hold your nose to gulp down. But the MOST common...
Slash Your Risk for THIS Painful Diabetic Nerve Condition
Diabetes is HARD on seniors. Sure, younger people can also develop diabetes-linked kidney disease, heart disease, or even brain problems. But when you mix high blood sugar with advanced age, all those conditions tend to progress faster and become more severe. Case in point: peripheral neuropathy. Peripheral neuropathy occurs when blood sugar levels rise and...
Surprising Walking Benefits REVEALED
We live in a fast-paced society. And we’re expected to keep the pedal to the metal at work and fill the little leisure time we allow ourselves with as many activities as possible… We demand a 24/7 news cycle, instant updates on our phones, and lightning-fast internet speeds… In a culture where most people judge...
Your Sleep Habits Can Damage THIS Organ [ALERT]
I’m a sleep evangelist. Because getting quality sleep is CRITICAL for good health. You simply can’t have one without the other. In fact, regularly missing out on a good night’s sleep raises your risks for heart issues, mood disorders, weight gain, blood sugar irregularities, and brain problems. Bur new research raises a red flag about...
MAILBAG: Ease Annoying Allergy Symptoms
“My allergies have been so terrible the last few weeks and my allergy medicine isn’t really doing anything. What can I do?” – Darlene from Chesapeake, Virginia Hi Darlene, There are two steps I typically recommend to tackle troublesome allergies. The first is to focus on nutrients. Begin by getting enough magnesium, folic acid, and carotenoids...
Drug Company FAILS to Respond to Heartburn Drug Risk
Type the word “Zantac” into any search engine, and the first thing likely to come up is “Zantac lawsuit.” And the reason WHY people are suing the drug’s maker, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is a twisted tale that’ll turn your stomach… The drug company allegedly took a page straight out of big tobacco’s playbook. And as a...
"Splash Hack" DOUBLES the Benefits of Your Morning Brew
I love coffee. I roast my own beans. I have a fancy coffee maker. The WHOLE nine yards. Of course, I love the bright, bitter punch of flavor I get in every sip. And there’s nothing like the jump-start coffee gives my brain in the morning. But I also know that coffee has bunches of...
Ocean Organism KILLS Resistant Cancer Cells
Cancer treatments essentially come in two “flavors.” There are the sickening meds that poison the cancerous cells (and sometimes the healthy ones, too), like chemotherapy. Or there are the physical “slash and burn” options such as surgery and radiation. There are times that either or both might be necessary. But let’s face it, cancer treatments...
Nutrient Fix for Deadly "Orphan Condition"
Venous thromboembolism is what I call an “orphan condition.” The chances are high that you’ve never even heard of it before. But we should discuss it more often because it’s underdiagnosed, SERIOUS, and preventable. A (VTE) happens when a blood clot forms in a vein. When that clot is in a DEEP vein (usually in...
"Liquid Gold" Packs a Powerful Healing Punch
Bone broth has popped up on grocery store shelves nationwide in the last few years. And I couldn’t be happier about it! I love to drink bone broth. But I used to have to make my own “liquid gold.” And to be honest… it’s time-consuming. Now, you can pop down to your local supermarket and...