Do You Have These Alzheimer’s Warning Signs?
Let me tell you about something that happened to me just five minutes ago.
I went to the kitchen to get more coffee – but once I got to the kitchen, I completely forgot why I was there.
These brain blips are annoying and even frightening.
The good news? They happen to everyone, and they are NOT a symptom of Alzheimer’s.
There are other signs, however, that you want to keep an eye out for.
Let me show you.
Alzheimer’s attacks one of every 10 brains and is more likely the older you get.
Here are the most common early-warning signs:
- Changes in mood: We all have days when we are in a good or a bad mood. The change in mood with Alzheimer’s is generally for the worse (grumpier, sadder, negative), and doesn’t improve.
- Memory loss: Everyone forgets where they put their keys, or the name of someone you met at a party a week ago. The memory loss I’m talking about is of newly-learned information or needing to rely on notes (or your phone) to keep you organized.
- Problem solving: You’ve done something your whole life, but now find it hard. I’m great at directions, and my wife is great at remembering faces. If you were to challenge her with directions and me with faces, we would both fail. But if I started having problems finding my way, then that is a problem.
- Difficulty speaking: I’m talking about searching for words. If you use “whats-his-name,” or “that thingamajig” too often, then you might have aphasia (trouble finding the right word). This can be an early sign of brain dysfunction.
- Time/place confusion: We all forget an appointment from time to time, but missing many appointments, or not knowing the season, or forgetting something happened last week can all be signs of brain problems.
- Visual problems: Vision problems such as judging distances or determining colors is another early warning sign.
- Withdrawal from activities: If someone you know stops participating in their normal activities, this can be a sign of early onset Alzheimer’s (it’s also a sign of depression).
With all these signs, what you are looking for is something NEW and something CONSISTENT. Lose your keys one day (no big deal), lose them every day (time to go to the doctor).
It is also important to realize that just because Alzheimer’s is more common as you age, it doesn’t have to be in your future.
Especially if you take care of yourself.
Dr. Scott’s Brain Protection Plan:
- Creatine is an amino acid good for the brain, it also helps support energy production.
- Omega 3 fish oil is an essential fatty acid your brain needs to support its function and protect against oxidation. I recommend 1-3 grams a day.
- CoQ10 is powerful antioxidant and helps to provide energy throughout the body and to your brain cells.
- Antioxidants can be vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin C, but I especially like the phytonutrients (polyphenols, carotenes, etc.) found in superfood combinations.
- Herbs such as curcumin and bacopa work to decrease inflammation and act as powerful antioxidants.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains why chemotherapy is more ineffective than you might think and provides alternative treatments.
Dr. Scott Olson lets you in on a little secret that will change your sleeping habits forever.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the importance of talking about digestion and the best ways to improve your digestion.
Dr. Scott Olson debunks the popular myth that new brain cells will prevent Alzheimer’s and gives you the truth instead.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals some of the worst ways mainstream drugs are wreaking havoc on your body.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with exactly what you need for a sharper, healthier brain.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the real reasons you’re not losing those stubborn pounds and how to turn it around.
Dr. Scott Olson warns you about the ultimate Big Pharma scam.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the difference between low libido and erectile dysfunction and how you can combat them both.