Do You Have These Alzheimer’s Warning Signs?
Let me tell you about something that happened to me just five minutes ago.
I went to the kitchen to get more coffee – but once I got to the kitchen, I completely forgot why I was there.
These brain blips are annoying and even frightening.
The good news? They happen to everyone, and they are NOT a symptom of Alzheimer’s.
There are other signs, however, that you want to keep an eye out for.
Let me show you.
Alzheimer’s attacks one of every 10 brains and is more likely the older you get.
Here are the most common early-warning signs:
- Changes in mood: We all have days when we are in a good or a bad mood. The change in mood with Alzheimer’s is generally for the worse (grumpier, sadder, negative), and doesn’t improve.
- Memory loss: Everyone forgets where they put their keys, or the name of someone you met at a party a week ago. The memory loss I’m talking about is of newly-learned information or needing to rely on notes (or your phone) to keep you organized.
- Problem solving: You’ve done something your whole life, but now find it hard. I’m great at directions, and my wife is great at remembering faces. If you were to challenge her with directions and me with faces, we would both fail. But if I started having problems finding my way, then that is a problem.
- Difficulty speaking: I’m talking about searching for words. If you use “whats-his-name,” or “that thingamajig” too often, then you might have aphasia (trouble finding the right word). This can be an early sign of brain dysfunction.
- Time/place confusion: We all forget an appointment from time to time, but missing many appointments, or not knowing the season, or forgetting something happened last week can all be signs of brain problems.
- Visual problems: Vision problems such as judging distances or determining colors is another early warning sign.
- Withdrawal from activities: If someone you know stops participating in their normal activities, this can be a sign of early onset Alzheimer’s (it’s also a sign of depression).
With all these signs, what you are looking for is something NEW and something CONSISTENT. Lose your keys one day (no big deal), lose them every day (time to go to the doctor).
It is also important to realize that just because Alzheimer’s is more common as you age, it doesn’t have to be in your future.
Especially if you take care of yourself.
Dr. Scott’s Brain Protection Plan:
- Creatine is an amino acid good for the brain, it also helps support energy production.
- Omega 3 fish oil is an essential fatty acid your brain needs to support its function and protect against oxidation. I recommend 1-3 grams a day.
- CoQ10 is powerful antioxidant and helps to provide energy throughout the body and to your brain cells.
- Antioxidants can be vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin C, but I especially like the phytonutrients (polyphenols, carotenes, etc.) found in superfood combinations.
- Herbs such as curcumin and bacopa work to decrease inflammation and act as powerful antioxidants.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
When someone you love is battling Alzheimer’s, it’s heartbreaking. You want to do everything possible to ensure they live the happiest and most fulfilled life possible. And yet, all too often, you’re left feeling helpless in the face of overwhelming symptoms that threaten to destroy their quality of life. One of the MOST disturbing for...
“Why does chemo also destroy good cells?” Martha from Kansas City, MO Hi Martha, We tend to think of “chemotherapy” as a single treatment. But the truth is, there are various types of chemotherapies. And they work in different ways. In general, chemotherapy destroys healthy cells, not just the cancerous ones, because it’s a non-specific or...
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...
You have five primary senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. (The sixth one doesn’t count. Only your Aunt Mable claims that one.) But you’ve likely noticed that only your sight and hearing get tested when you visit the doctor. Your senses of taste, touch, and smell are almost entirely ignored. And ignoring one of...