Colon Cancer Warning Signs? Check Your Toilet
No one likes to talk about poop.
Well, unless you are a four-year-old (and that’s all they want to talk about).
Most adults are embarrassed and uncomfortable when talking about it.
But poop is important because it can tell us a lot about our digestive health and (sometimes) point to certain conditions, like cancer.
So, let’s do the unthinkable: talk about poop and see if you should worry.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States, with the percent of colorectal cancer deaths highest among people aged 75-84.
If you are normal, you have times when your bowel movements are great and other times they are loose, or you are constipated.
There are four symptoms you should look out for if you are concerned about colon cancer.
- Bleeding: Bright red blood comes from hemorrhoids and can be unsettling, but (usually) not harmful. The blood you worry about comes from up higher. This blood can be hard to observe, it usually appears as very dark stools, or has a coffee grounds look.
- Change in bowel habits: Once again, change in stool texture is normal, but if you have weeks of looser stools, or you must go to the bathroom more often, then you should consider going to the doctor.
- Fatigue: If you look white or pale, this could be a lack of iron from bleeding.
- Weight loss: Especially unexplained weight loss (you haven’t changed anything).
If any of these signs show up, then you should visit your doctor for a thorough exam.
But let’s talk about how to keep your digestive tract as healthy as possible.
Dr. Scott’s Good Gut Health Program:
- Probiotics are your easiest path to a healthy digestive system. I prefer a probiotic product that contains a fiber prebiotic along with good bacteria (probiotics).
- Eat enough fiber to help with regular bowel movements, but to also help stimulate healthy bacterial growth. I always suggest that people take both water soluble and water insoluble fiber. One of my favorite fibers is ground flax seeds.
- Throw away junk food, trans fats, processed, and chemical foods. All processed foods, trans fatty acids, artificial sweeteners, and alcohol harm the microbiome. Do what you can to limit these non-foods in your diet.
- Exercise doesn’t seem like the first place you would turn to help your digestive tract, but it has been shown to help encourage a healthy microbiome.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It’s not the foundation of youth… but it may be the next best thing. Research proves that a simple vitamin can slow the aging process and add quality years to your life.
The government and health groups have been scaring people away from salt for years. But salt holds the key to protecting your health – and even extending your life.
Nobody should have to live with Parkinson’s disease – and you don’t have to. Follow my plan to slash your Parkinson’s risk.
Drug companies have been pushing risky diabetes meds for years – and the disease hasn’t slowed down one bit. Here’s how to start naturally reversing diabetes before it’s too late.
Big Pharma is in a campaign of denial about proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). But the evidence is clear – they do permanent harm to your brain.
Most men with prostate cancer are steered toward aggressive surgery. But guys who have been through the ordeal wish they hadn’t – and say they’d never do it again.
Even mainstream doctors are catching on to the wonders of vitamin D. But the advice they’re handing out is wrong… and harmful.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret poison leaking in your kitchen and what you can do to stop it.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the truth about blood pressure medication, and how Big Pharma is profiting off of it.