Colon Cancer Warning Signs? Check Your Toilet
No one likes to talk about poop.
Well, unless you are a four-year-old (and that’s all they want to talk about).
Most adults are embarrassed and uncomfortable when talking about it.
But poop is important because it can tell us a lot about our digestive health and (sometimes) point to certain conditions, like cancer.
So, let’s do the unthinkable: talk about poop and see if you should worry.
Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in the United States, with the percent of colorectal cancer deaths highest among people aged 75-84.
If you are normal, you have times when your bowel movements are great and other times they are loose, or you are constipated.
There are four symptoms you should look out for if you are concerned about colon cancer.
- Bleeding: Bright red blood comes from hemorrhoids and can be unsettling, but (usually) not harmful. The blood you worry about comes from up higher. This blood can be hard to observe, it usually appears as very dark stools, or has a coffee grounds look.
- Change in bowel habits: Once again, change in stool texture is normal, but if you have weeks of looser stools, or you must go to the bathroom more often, then you should consider going to the doctor.
- Fatigue: If you look white or pale, this could be a lack of iron from bleeding.
- Weight loss: Especially unexplained weight loss (you haven’t changed anything).
If any of these signs show up, then you should visit your doctor for a thorough exam.
But let’s talk about how to keep your digestive tract as healthy as possible.
Dr. Scott’s Good Gut Health Program:
- Probiotics are your easiest path to a healthy digestive system. I prefer a probiotic product that contains a fiber prebiotic along with good bacteria (probiotics).
- Eat enough fiber to help with regular bowel movements, but to also help stimulate healthy bacterial growth. I always suggest that people take both water soluble and water insoluble fiber. One of my favorite fibers is ground flax seeds.
- Throw away junk food, trans fats, processed, and chemical foods. All processed foods, trans fatty acids, artificial sweeteners, and alcohol harm the microbiome. Do what you can to limit these non-foods in your diet.
- Exercise doesn’t seem like the first place you would turn to help your digestive tract, but it has been shown to help encourage a healthy microbiome.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...
If you want to live a long healthy life, you need start paying more attention to your gut. And I don’t mean that sinking feeling you get when something bad is about to happen. I mean taking care of the good bacteria in your gut (or your microbiome). These bugs help you absorb nutrients and...