[Exposed] The TRUTH About Sunscreen
Last week, I went hiking with a friend.
The first thing he did was pull out sunscreen and lather it all over his body.
When I told him I didn’t want any sunscreen, he looked at me like I was CRAZY.
But sunscreen isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
There’s a very good health reason I refused it… and you may want to start refusing it, too.
I do agree with my well-intentioned friend – the sun can be damaging.
But the sun is also a source of health.
As with so many things in life, the key to whether something is healthy or not is all in the dose.
For years we’ve been told to put on sunscreen, cover up, and keep out of the sun, but new research suggests that following that advice may be incredibly harmful.
There is no doubt that too much ultraviolet radiation from the sun can be harmful, cause skin cancer, and can lead to eye damage (especially the lens and retina).
But then there is the other side: too little sun exposure can lead to a vitamin D deficiency. Recent studies suggest as many as 75% of us are not getting enough of this essential nutrient.
The sun is good for us in other ways, too:
- Sun exposure may help to reduce blood pressure.
- Sun exposure increases endorphins and serotonin, which improve our mood.
- While skin cancer rates increase with sun exposure, other cancers such as lung, prostate, pancreas, colon, thyroid, and many other types decrease with the more sun you get.
- The risks of heart disease, type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and other diseases are all lower with sun exposure.
Sun exposure is a necessary part of our health and was the reason I didn’t want to put on sunscreen. I was well protected by my clothes and hat.
Here’s how you can get the most out of the sun and still not overdo it:
- Spend small amounts of time in the sun and avoid sunburns.
- Try and stay out of the sun between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm; this is when the rays are the strongest.
- Choose a natural sunscreen when you are out in the sun for a long time, or if it’s the middle of the day. Our skin absorbs almost everything we put on it and many of the popular brands have chemicals you don’t want on or in your body.
- Never, never, never use a sunlamp or tanning booth.
- Choose sunglasses that block both UVA and UVB.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the most deadly diseases men tend to ignore and their warning signs.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how fixing your gut health can fix your heart problems in no time!
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.