How to Recover FAST from Surgery
Whenever someone finds out they need surgery, they all have the same question:
How long will the recovery take?
None of us want to spend a day longer in the hospital than we have to.
But, believe it or not, YOU control how quickly you recover from surgery.
There are some simple steps you can take to heal from an operation lighting fast.
Let me show you.
I’m often critical of mainstream medicine.
But I’ll be honest with you – modern surgery is pretty impressive.
Doctors are performing operations today that would have been impossible even 10 years ago.
Having said that, I’m surprised at how little time is spent on preparing someone for surgery.
When properly prepared, people spend less time in the hospital, are less likely to have complications, and recover faster.
A new study, from the University of California San Francisco's Surgery Wellness Program, found that older patients who were eating well and keeping themselves in shape had a much easier time with surgery and recovered fast.
Here are some things I highly recommend you start doing if you have a surgery coming up:
- Exercise: You may have some physical limitations, but do whatever you can – and try to do it every day. Even walking will be a big help.
- Cut vices: No smoking, no drinking, and take it easy on processed or fast foods.
- Eat more vegetables: Your body needs antioxidants to not only cope with the surgery, but the drugs they give you.
- Focus on sleep: This is a good time to take a supplement for sleep, especially the days before surgery. I like melatonin, and the calming herbs including passionflower, hops, chamomile, and others.
- Vitamins: I always suggest a multivitamin to cover your bases. After your surgery, make sure you are taking enough vitamins, especially vitamin A and vitamin C.
- Probiotics: Even minor surgery can disrupt your digestive system. Taking probiotics before and after is a great way to help your digestion get back on track.
- Anti-inflammatories: Focus on good, natural anti-inflammatories such as omega-3 fish oil, curcumin, Boswellia, and others.
Most surgeons will give you an instruction sheet telling you what to eat and what not to take before an operation.
If anything I suggested above is contraindicated by the instruction sheets your doctor sent home with you, then stop them! Follow your doctor’s orders.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the most deadly diseases men tend to ignore and their warning signs.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how fixing your gut health can fix your heart problems in no time!
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.