How Your Poop Predicts Disease (Amazing)
The mainstream has all kinds of ways of predicting what’s going on in your body.
They harp on your blood pressure… your blood sugar… and your weight as insights to your level of health.
But they fail to mention the REAL crystal ball when it comes to your wellbeing… your poop!
The color and shape of your bowel movement tells you lot about what’s going on inside your body.
If fact, it can even give you a heads-up on dangerous diseases like ulcers… liver problems… and even cancer.
And today I’m going to tell you EXACTLY what to look for.
There are three things that change about your stool that you want to pay attention to: Color, Shape, Frequency.
Color: the normal color of stool is light brown to brown. The brown color is due to bilirubin (which is a breakdown product from red blood cells) from the liver and gallbladder. Stool color may vary from time to time with the food you eat, but a color change that lasts for a while is something to pay attention to.
Here are some of the more common changes to color and what they mean:
- White: A lighter or white color usually indicates a lack of bile from the gall bladder. It could be liver problems (from mild to cirrhosis) and, more likely, to be a gallbladder problem (most often gallstones).
- White Mucus on Brown Stool: This can be a sign of conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)and ulcerative colitis. It’s is usually a sign of irritation of the gastric tract like food allergies.
- Green: This is often caused by eating too many green vegetables or eating something with green dye, but you can also get a green hue when stool passes through your digestive track too quickly.
- Yellow: A greasy film and yellow stool, can be sign of poor fat absorption or blocked bile duct. It also can be a sign of a lack of pancreatic enzymes. Sometimes eating too many carrots can also cause this.
- Black: Some medications – Like NSAIDS and iron supplements – can cause dark stools. But black stool can also be the first signs of an ulcer or colon cancer. If you see this, you should schedule adoctor’s appointment immediately. Iron supplements and nicotine (from gum) can also turn stools black.
- Red: Beets or other red-colored foods can turn your stool red. This can also be due to blood, but isusually a fissure, or hemorrhoids.
Shape: the normal shape of stool is called “sausage shaped” and smooth, soft, and not too big or too small.
- Separate Solid Lumps: small and large balls or lumps is usually a sign of severe constipation. You can stop constipation by increasing fiber, eating more vegetables, limiting dairy foods and flour (bread, crackers and cakes) and by drinking more water.
- Large and Lumpy: This is also a sign you need more fiber, fruits, and vegetables. Water and exercisealso help.
- Thin and Stringy: These types of stool are a sign of anxiety, nervousness, and sometimes due to food allergies. Work on getting more sleep and taking calming supplements.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is normal if it happens occasionally. Constant diarrhea is a sign of disease and should be addressed by a good diet, removing food allergies, and taking a good probiotic.
Frequency: You should be having a bowel movement two to three times a day. The good news is the solution for both too frequent and too slow bowel movements is the same: eat better, drink more water,and take a good probiotic and work to eliminate food allergies.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
In this life, you only get one brain. So, you go to great lengths to protect it. You eat right… you exercise… and you always take your supplements. But new research shows that the things that cause the most damage to your brain are a TOTALLY out of your control. That’s why I’ve created by Brain...
The mainstream will blame just about everything for your arthritis pain. They’ll say it’s your age… your genetics… and even your hormones. But what they won’t say? The REAL CAUSE of your arthritis issues has nothing to do with any of that. Scientists have discovered that an often-ignored health issue could be causing your joint...
If you’re like most of us, you’d do just about anything to keep a health brain. So you exercise… take your supplements… and you never miss the Sunday crossword. But if you’re not eating enough of a certain type of food, all of your hard work could be for nothing. Because research shows these superfoods can provide the EXACT...
Stress can really turn your life upside down. And when left unchecked… it can wreak havoc on your health. Conditions like high blood pressure heart disease and even diabetes have all been linked to stress. But what if you could STOP stress for good? I know it sounds too good to be true… but it’s NOT. ...
It’s like clockwork. Every couple years Big Pharma introduces some “breakthrough” cancer treatment that’s supposed to change everything. They raved about chemo… endorsed radiation… even pushed dangerous surgeries. But all of these treatments end in life-change side effects… and you still have CANCER. Now, they are pushing a new type of treatment. And it might be the...
If you have diabetes, you already know that taking insulin is the WORST part of managing this disease. The constant finger pricks and painful injections are enough to drive your mad. And the worst part? It doesn’t really work. As a doctor, I can tell you that putting more insulin into a body that already...
We all want to live long, healthy lives. But most of what you read about anti-aging is TOTAL BULL. Everyone out there has a magic cream or miracle pill that will allegedly stop the hands of time. And some of them might actually give you results in the short-term. But if you want REAL results, there’s...
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...