How Your Poop Predicts Disease (Amazing)
The mainstream has all kinds of ways of predicting what’s going on in your body.
They harp on your blood pressure… your blood sugar… and your weight as insights to your level of health.
But they fail to mention the REAL crystal ball when it comes to your wellbeing… your poop!
The color and shape of your bowel movement tells you lot about what’s going on inside your body.
If fact, it can even give you a heads-up on dangerous diseases like ulcers… liver problems… and even cancer.
And today I’m going to tell you EXACTLY what to look for.
There are three things that change about your stool that you want to pay attention to: Color, Shape, Frequency.
Color: the normal color of stool is light brown to brown. The brown color is due to bilirubin (which is a breakdown product from red blood cells) from the liver and gallbladder. Stool color may vary from time to time with the food you eat, but a color change that lasts for a while is something to pay attention to.
Here are some of the more common changes to color and what they mean:
- White: A lighter or white color usually indicates a lack of bile from the gall bladder. It could be liver problems (from mild to cirrhosis) and, more likely, to be a gallbladder problem (most often gallstones).
- White Mucus on Brown Stool: This can be a sign of conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)and ulcerative colitis. It’s is usually a sign of irritation of the gastric tract like food allergies.
- Green: This is often caused by eating too many green vegetables or eating something with green dye, but you can also get a green hue when stool passes through your digestive track too quickly.
- Yellow: A greasy film and yellow stool, can be sign of poor fat absorption or blocked bile duct. It also can be a sign of a lack of pancreatic enzymes. Sometimes eating too many carrots can also cause this.
- Black: Some medications – Like NSAIDS and iron supplements – can cause dark stools. But black stool can also be the first signs of an ulcer or colon cancer. If you see this, you should schedule adoctor’s appointment immediately. Iron supplements and nicotine (from gum) can also turn stools black.
- Red: Beets or other red-colored foods can turn your stool red. This can also be due to blood, but isusually a fissure, or hemorrhoids.
Shape: the normal shape of stool is called “sausage shaped” and smooth, soft, and not too big or too small.
- Separate Solid Lumps: small and large balls or lumps is usually a sign of severe constipation. You can stop constipation by increasing fiber, eating more vegetables, limiting dairy foods and flour (bread, crackers and cakes) and by drinking more water.
- Large and Lumpy: This is also a sign you need more fiber, fruits, and vegetables. Water and exercisealso help.
- Thin and Stringy: These types of stool are a sign of anxiety, nervousness, and sometimes due to food allergies. Work on getting more sleep and taking calming supplements.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is normal if it happens occasionally. Constant diarrhea is a sign of disease and should be addressed by a good diet, removing food allergies, and taking a good probiotic.
Frequency: You should be having a bowel movement two to three times a day. The good news is the solution for both too frequent and too slow bowel movements is the same: eat better, drink more water,and take a good probiotic and work to eliminate food allergies.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
When someone you love is battling Alzheimer’s, it’s heartbreaking. You want to do everything possible to ensure they live the happiest and most fulfilled life possible. And yet, all too often, you’re left feeling helpless in the face of overwhelming symptoms that threaten to destroy their quality of life. One of the MOST disturbing for...
“Why does chemo also destroy good cells?” Martha from Kansas City, MO Hi Martha, We tend to think of “chemotherapy” as a single treatment. But the truth is, there are various types of chemotherapies. And they work in different ways. In general, chemotherapy destroys healthy cells, not just the cancerous ones, because it’s a non-specific or...
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...
You have five primary senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. (The sixth one doesn’t count. Only your Aunt Mable claims that one.) But you’ve likely noticed that only your sight and hearing get tested when you visit the doctor. Your senses of taste, touch, and smell are almost entirely ignored. And ignoring one of...