We’re Living Longer – But There’s a CATCH!
You can’t turn on the TV or pick up a newspaper these days without seeing a story about how much longer we’re all living.
I even saw an article recently claiming that some people will soon be living to 150.
150? Yeah, no thanks.
Because there’s a MAJOR piece of the story they’re not telling you.
We may be living longer… but we’re also sicker than ever, too.
I don’t want you to spend your golden years old and sick – and you don’t have to.
It may seem impossible sometimes, but you truly can be old and healthy.
Let me show you how.
Studies show most people over the age of 65 are much more likely to have diseases than previous generations.
The numbers are staggering: 80% of older adults have ONE chronic disease and 77% have TWO. These are the Old and Sick.
Health care costs are rising every year, and so are the numbers of adult suffering from chronic diseases:
- One-third of seniors have dementia
- Cancer diagnoses are up 225%
- Diabetes diagnoses are up 118%
Most of this sickness can be attributed to three things: obesity, inactivity, and the lack of proper nutrition.
Let’s increase your odds of being a person who is old and healthy.
Here’s how you do it:
Dr. Scott’s Plan to Reduce Aging:
- Sleep: There is almost nothing which will make you look older than not getting a good night’s sleep. Not only do you look bad, but lack of sleep stops the body’s repair mechanism (making you look even older) and messes with your brain (which makes you feel and appear older). Get a good night’s sleep. If you have problems sleeping try a supplement that contains melatonin (the sleep hormone) and calming herbs (hops, passionflower, chamomile, valerian).
- Vegetables: Estimates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest 80% of us don’t get the recommended servings of vegetables a day. These foods are full of antioxidants and vitamins that kill free radicals (which age you). See if you can add a vegetable to each meal. Use my method to cheat by taking a superfoods supplement that helps you get those servings in every day. I mix a scoop in a bit of water to make sure I’m covering all my bases.
- Sugar: Scientists now think that sugar does the same damage to your body as cigarettes. Sugar damages collagen which causes skin to sag. Sugar also causes your energy to fade and your brain to check out. Sugar creates malformed proteins that wrinkle your skin, cloud your vision (cataracts), and destroy your blood vessels (heart disease). Do your best to stay away from sugar.
- Exercise: People who exercise are bringing healthy blood to all the tissues in their bodies–and it shows. You don’t have to be crazy with your exercise, even daily walking will help.
- If you don’t eat fish two to three times a week, then fish oil is a must. I recommend taking between 1,000 and 3,000 milligrams of fish oil a day.
- Collagen is one of those nutrients that no one is getting. Fix this by supplementing: your joints and skin will thank you.
- Vitamin D and vitamin K are two fat-soluble vitamins that are missing from your diet and ones you desperately need.
- Polyphenols are phytonutrients are found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Most people are not getting enough of these either.
- Vitamin E, selenium, CoQ10, and astaxanthin are important antioxidants and mitochondrial cell support that everyone needs.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
NEW Medicinal Mushroom Benefit UNCOVERED
I’m a big fan of medicinal mushrooms. Almost everyone has eaten a standard mushroom on a pizza or in a spaghetti sauce, of course. But most folks have yet to experience medical mushrooms’ power to improve our health. Medicinal mushrooms are already used to treat heart, liver, and brain conditions. They can boost the immune...
[SENIORS] Cellular GLITCH Discovered?!
Aging isn’t for sissies, that’s for sure. But hey, I always remind myself the alternative is FAR worse! Besides, when you sit back and take stock, you’ll realize that a life well lived – like your own – is something to be proud of. But those accomplishments, unfortunately, don’t reduce your risk of suffering the...
Overlooked Diabetes Risk Drives Up Blood Sugar
If you’re concerned about diabetes, you’ve probably done your research. You likely focused on all the common problem areas to ward off rising blood sugar: the grocery store… the gym… and the bathroom scale. And those ARE all great places to start! Eating better, exercising, and losing weight can go a long way toward bringing your...
Boredom BUSTING Hack Keeps You Sane AND Healthy
This time of year, I start to feel a little stir-crazy. Cabin fever sets in as I tire of the cold and snow. And I start thinking about the warmer weather that’s right around the corner (but still feels SO far away). You see, I enjoy walking, hiking, and running outside. It’s good for both...
Loneliness Linked to THIS Startling Side Effect
Before the pandemic, we didn’t talk much about being lonely. But when the virus locked us down in our homes, the issue of isolation could no longer be ignored. Some of us were experiencing that kind of loneliness for the first time. But the truth is social isolation has ALWAYS been a common problem for...
MAILBAG: Ease Prostate Problems NATURALLY
“Are there any natural solutions for an enlarged prostate?” -Mike from Summerville, South Carolina Hi Mike, There are many things you can do to improve your prostate health. Eating better is the first step. This means loading up on nutritious foods, including plenty of fresh organic vegetables and lean meats. (And yes, that DOES mean...
Ditch Depression WITHOUT Drugs
You think that when you reach “your golden years,” you won’t have much to worry about anymore. After all, many of life’s major stressors, like work, kids, and relationships, are pretty much settled by the time you hit your sixties. So why the heck are we all so darned depressed then?! According to a recent...
The Ovarian Cancer Risk You NEVER Saw Coming
Cancer research is nothing new. In fact, we’ve been studying this killer since the 1800s. Yet despite all that investigating, there’s still so much we DON’T know. That’s why each time we reach a new milestone in our understanding of cancer, it should be celebrated. And a recent study has helped us make another large...
Weird Supermarket Secret BEATS Sunburn
In the winter, we tend to ignore the importance of protecting our skin from the sun’s powerful rays. But where I live, in Colorado, I see many folks come down from the ski areas with “raccoon eyes.” This happens when skiers’ faces burn, but the areas around their eyes remain pale because they wear goggles....
[REVEALED]: Bizarre Link Between Shampoo and Diabetes?!
If I were to ask you what you think the risk of getting diabetes from your shampoo is, you’d probably do two things: Laugh Go looking for another doctor And to be honest, I wouldn’t blame you. After all, connecting shampooing your hair to blood sugar levels seems absurd. But not so fast. The disturbing...