Need an Energy Boost? Try This…
I could tell why Susan was in my office before she said a word.
She looked absolutely lethargic… and there were bags under your eyes.
“I’m exhausted all the time,” she said.
There are lots of people suffering from chronic fatigue… and maybe you’re one of them.
And the mainstream medical establishment does a TERRIBLE job of treating it.
That’s because they don’t understand what causes fatigue in the first place.
But I’m going to show you how to get to the root of your problem… and how to get your energy levels back up to snuff.
Here’s what I find are the most common causes of fatigue:
- Nutritional deficiencies: Even if you are only missing one nutrient, everything falls apart. You can fix this by making sure you are taking a good multivitamin.
- Medications: The worst offenders are antihistamines, cough medicines, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, heart drugs, pain relievers, and antidepressants.
- Insomnia: If you are not sleeping well, you will feel tired. This is obvious. But I can’t tell you how many people I’ve said this to, and they say, “Oh yeah, I guess you are right.” The key is to make sleep a priority in your life and take supplements if you need help.
- Caffeine overload: Caffeine seems like a good idea and an easy fix when you feel down, but taking too much will destroy your energy.
- Undiagnosed diabetes: One-third of people with diabetes don’t know they have it. All it takes is a simple blood test. If you are thirsty or hungry all the time and are feeling tired, go get a blood test.
- Depression: Fatigue is a pretty common symptom of depression.
Here are my favorite ways to fight fatigue:
Dr. Scott’s Anti-Fatigue Protocol:
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking mostly water all day long. It is okay to drink coffee in the morning, but avoid it in the afternoon. Stay away from all sugary drinks (including fruit juice).
- Quality nutrients: Most of us don’t get the nutrients our bodies need. For fatigue, focus especially on B vitamins, CoQ10, and other nutrients for mitochondrial support like alpha lipoic acid, astaxanthin, selenium, and vitamin E.
- Regular exercise: This seems backward, but exercising actually gives you more energy.
- Good sleeping habits: If you have problems sleeping, reach for calming herbs such as passionflower, chamomile, hops, and the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Drugs: Avoid tobacco and alcohol, and work with your doctor to get off prescription drugs that make you tired.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Ed. Note: Please send your feedback: email@example.com – and click here to like us on Facebook.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
EAR Test Protects Your BRAIN?
Hearing loss has a habit of sneaking up on folks. Typically, it happens so slowly that you don’t notice it until you’ve lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of hearing. According to the National Institutes of Health, about 8 percent of adults 55 to 64 have disabling hearing loss. That number jumps to 25 percent for people...
Missing "Lucky Penny" Mineral Harms Your Heart
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, Some nutrients get all the glory. There are the vitamin A-Listers like C, D, and E. And although minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium might be considered B-List stars, they ALSO get their fair share of attention. But one vital nutrient never gets to walk the red carpet. And that...
Risk of Stroke SURGES 50% Worldwide?!
It’s NOT good news. A recent report by the World Health Organization (WHO), confirmed that the chance of having a stroke has skyrocketed by a whopping 50 percent in the last twenty years. According to the WHO, that means your stroke risk is now about one in four. Next time you’re in a crowd, look...
Is Tofu GOOD for You? (The Truth REVEALED)
I often wonder why so many people are passionate about tofu. There’s something about it that triggers strong emotions. Some folks HATE it, while others LOVE it. But is it good for you? Well, it’s complicated. Tofu is a fermented soy product. It tastes bland alone. But it takes on the taste of whatever you...
Bizarre New Cell Phone Risk (Beware)
I sometimes joke with my (adult) kids. “Do you know,” I ask, “that the PHONE you carry around with you all the time can make phone calls?” They laugh and mumble, “Old,” under their breath. I swear the generations who grew up with a cell phone attached to their palm will do almost anything to...
MAILBAG: Crush COPD Symptoms NATURALLY
“Got any natural treatments for COPD?” – Mike, Ann Arbor, MI Dear Mike, Unfortunately, COPD, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, is a common condition. In fact, it’s now the third leading cause of death in the United States. COPD causes the airways to constrict, making breathing difficult or uncomfortable. Persistent coughing, excess mucus production, wheezing,...
The COVID-Triggered Habit Harming Your Health
Boy, a LOT has changed in the last few years. COVID altered our lives in so many ways. I used to largely ignore hearing a cough or sneeze in public. But now they get my attention EVERY time. In fact, protecting myself from them has a side benefit. I’ve dodged many of the other sniffle-and-...
Fruit-Aisle Secret to Better Heart and Brain Health
Aging often gets a bad rap. But there are a bunch of advantages to getting older (and wiser). And honestly, it sure beats the heck out of the alternative. But we can all agree that getting older has one BIG drawback… Over the years, you start to collect illnesses. First, it could be your blood...
Knock Out Severe Knee Pain NATURALLY
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, You might know the old saying, “Walk a mile in his shoes.” Well, it’s a perfect fit when talking about knee pain. Except it might be more accurate to say, “Limp a mile.” Because all too often, when you tell someone you suffer from chronic knee pain, they blow you...
"Bright Idea" Battles Dementia WITHOUT Drugs
Mainstream medicine giving the thumbs up to a drug-free, non-invasive treatment for ANYTHING is like spotting a unicorn. But that’s precisely what’s happened with dementia. You probably already know how poor the options are for treating this disease. Heck, even the MOST enthusiastic supporter of drug therapies will admit the existing Alzheimer’s meds are a...