Need an Energy Boost? Try This…
I could tell why Susan was in my office before she said a word.
She looked absolutely lethargic… and there were bags under your eyes.
“I’m exhausted all the time,” she said.
There are lots of people suffering from chronic fatigue… and maybe you’re one of them.
And the mainstream medical establishment does a TERRIBLE job of treating it.
That’s because they don’t understand what causes fatigue in the first place.
But I’m going to show you how to get to the root of your problem… and how to get your energy levels back up to snuff.
Here’s what I find are the most common causes of fatigue:
- Nutritional deficiencies: Even if you are only missing one nutrient, everything falls apart. You can fix this by making sure you are taking a good multivitamin.
- Medications: The worst offenders are antihistamines, cough medicines, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, heart drugs, pain relievers, and antidepressants.
- Insomnia: If you are not sleeping well, you will feel tired. This is obvious. But I can’t tell you how many people I’ve said this to, and they say, “Oh yeah, I guess you are right.” The key is to make sleep a priority in your life and take supplements if you need help.
- Caffeine overload: Caffeine seems like a good idea and an easy fix when you feel down, but taking too much will destroy your energy.
- Undiagnosed diabetes: One-third of people with diabetes don’t know they have it. All it takes is a simple blood test. If you are thirsty or hungry all the time and are feeling tired, go get a blood test.
- Depression: Fatigue is a pretty common symptom of depression.
Here are my favorite ways to fight fatigue:
Dr. Scott’s Anti-Fatigue Protocol:
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking mostly water all day long. It is okay to drink coffee in the morning, but avoid it in the afternoon. Stay away from all sugary drinks (including fruit juice).
- Quality nutrients: Most of us don’t get the nutrients our bodies need. For fatigue, focus especially on B vitamins, CoQ10, and other nutrients for mitochondrial support like alpha lipoic acid, astaxanthin, selenium, and vitamin E.
- Regular exercise: This seems backward, but exercising actually gives you more energy.
- Good sleeping habits: If you have problems sleeping, reach for calming herbs such as passionflower, chamomile, hops, and the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Drugs: Avoid tobacco and alcohol, and work with your doctor to get off prescription drugs that make you tired.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...
If you want to live a long healthy life, you need start paying more attention to your gut. And I don’t mean that sinking feeling you get when something bad is about to happen. I mean taking care of the good bacteria in your gut (or your microbiome). These bugs help you absorb nutrients and...