Need an Energy Boost? Try This…
I could tell why Susan was in my office before she said a word.
She looked absolutely lethargic… and there were bags under your eyes.
“I’m exhausted all the time,” she said.
There are lots of people suffering from chronic fatigue… and maybe you’re one of them.
And the mainstream medical establishment does a TERRIBLE job of treating it.
That’s because they don’t understand what causes fatigue in the first place.
But I’m going to show you how to get to the root of your problem… and how to get your energy levels back up to snuff.
Here’s what I find are the most common causes of fatigue:
- Nutritional deficiencies: Even if you are only missing one nutrient, everything falls apart. You can fix this by making sure you are taking a good multivitamin.
- Medications: The worst offenders are antihistamines, cough medicines, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, heart drugs, pain relievers, and antidepressants.
- Insomnia: If you are not sleeping well, you will feel tired. This is obvious. But I can’t tell you how many people I’ve said this to, and they say, “Oh yeah, I guess you are right.” The key is to make sleep a priority in your life and take supplements if you need help.
- Caffeine overload: Caffeine seems like a good idea and an easy fix when you feel down, but taking too much will destroy your energy.
- Undiagnosed diabetes: One-third of people with diabetes don’t know they have it. All it takes is a simple blood test. If you are thirsty or hungry all the time and are feeling tired, go get a blood test.
- Depression: Fatigue is a pretty common symptom of depression.
Here are my favorite ways to fight fatigue:
Dr. Scott’s Anti-Fatigue Protocol:
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking mostly water all day long. It is okay to drink coffee in the morning, but avoid it in the afternoon. Stay away from all sugary drinks (including fruit juice).
- Quality nutrients: Most of us don’t get the nutrients our bodies need. For fatigue, focus especially on B vitamins, CoQ10, and other nutrients for mitochondrial support like alpha lipoic acid, astaxanthin, selenium, and vitamin E.
- Regular exercise: This seems backward, but exercising actually gives you more energy.
- Good sleeping habits: If you have problems sleeping, reach for calming herbs such as passionflower, chamomile, hops, and the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Drugs: Avoid tobacco and alcohol, and work with your doctor to get off prescription drugs that make you tired.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
One day, we’ll look back at our discovery of the nervous system in our guts in much the same way as other giant leaps in medicine like germ theory, vaccinations, and antibiotics. Knowing it exists and how important it is has changed EVERYTHING. We now understand that the enteric nervous system, or our “second brain”...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, One thing no one ever thinks to warn you about a cancer diagnosis is the RUSH. While you’re still trying to process the news that you have cancer, you’re already asked to make decisions about your treatments. You’re told there’s no time to waste. And warned delays could lead to...
“I’m diabetic and I don’t quite understand the differences in sugar. There’s sugar you make cookies with but also fruits have sugar. Can I have fruits even though they have sugar too?” – Annette, from Helen, GA Hi Annette, For something that seems so simple, sugar sure gets complicated very quickly. That table sugar you...
I’m not going to pull any punches here. Getting a prostate cancer diagnosis is downright terrifying. And that’s especially true because for YEARS there weren’t any remarkable advancements in the treatments for this cancer. Watchful waiting (active surveillance) was the best we could do for men with small tumors that didn’t appear aggressive. And for...
We’ve lived with COVID-19 for nearly three years now. That means we KNOW what it looks like, right? Wrong. The dominant COVID strain infecting people today doesn’t look exactly like the one that infected people last year. The virus is constantly changing. And so are the symptoms when you catch it. Different COVID strains appear...
My excellent editor told me the other day that she gave in and took some naproxen for her psoriatic arthritis pain. And she’s not alone. Occasionally even people who are passionate about natural medicine turn to over-the-counter or prescription drugs for pain relief. After all, joint pain can be downright debilitating. But before you reach...
People ask me all the time what I think about meat substitutes. My reply is simple: “They’re junk!” The labels claim that these fake meats are better for your health and the environment. But nothing could be further from the truth… If you’re a regular Living Well Daily reader, you know I’m constantly warning you...
Ask a group of middle-aged people about their biggest fear, and they will almost universally say, “losing their minds.” And I agree. The thought of my precious memories fading away is at the top of MY “no thanks” list. But just wanting your brain to be healthy isn’t enough. You have to work at protecting...
“What’s your take on the drugs for Alzheimer’s?” – Timothy, from Bel Air, MD Hi Timothy, Let me make it simple: They’re junk. You’ve seen the breathless headlines, I’m sure. After all, they’re almost impossible to ignore! They make exciting claims like “New breakthrough in Alzheimer’s Treatment Is a Game Changer!” or “FINALLY an Alzheimer’s...
For YEARS, modern medicine essentially ignored the gastrointestinal tract. Sure, it’s where you digest and absorb your food. But that was the end of the story. They were clueless about how intertwined our digestive system is with our OVERALL well-being. We now understand our gut is so closely linked to our health that it’s impossible...