Never IGNORE Your Blood Pressure (Here’s Why)
When I told Jim his blood pressure was dangerously high, he was quick with his reply:
“I don’t believe that high blood pressure mumbo jumbo… I feel FINE.”
After all, Jim came to see me because he thought I didn’t believe in that mumbo jumbo either.
There’s a part of me that doesn’t. Drug companies make BILLIONS off of BP meds.
That’s why “healthy” blood pressure ranges have gotten lower in recent years.
And I’ll be the first to tell you, I don’t agree with them.
But that doesn’t mean Jim – or you – should ignore high blood pressure.
Because there’s one VERY IMPORTANT reason to keep your blood pressure in check– especially as you grow older.
I’m talking about your brain.
You see, your brain and your blood pressure have a very intricate relationship. And when your BP is out of control it can really damage your brain.
In a recent study, researchers analyzed the blood pressure readings of 2,505 men between the ages of 71 and 91.
At the end, they found that men with systolic pressures (top number) of 140 mm Hg or higher were 77 percent more likely to develop dementia than men with systolic pressures below 120 mm Hg.
That’s a BIG deal!
So the best way to keep your brain healthy, is to get your BP in check.
Dr. Scott’s Blood Pressure Control Program:
- Exercise: Consistent good exercise is one of your best tools for keeping your blood pressure low.
- Nitrates: Nitrates do many amazing things in your bodies. They can lower your blood pressure, enhance your sexual performance, and even slow the progression of dementia. You can get nitrates from beets, citrulline (an amino acid) and other foods.
- CoQ10: This powerful antioxidant is used for energy production. Since your heart is one of the most energy-hungry organs in our bodies, it needs CoQ10. CoQ10 has been shown to lower the type of inflammation that can cause high blood pressure.
- Potassium and Magnesium: Potassium is needed throughout your body, but especially in your heart. You can supplement with potassium but is better to eat high-potassium foods. Magnesium relaxes blood vessels. I prefer magnesium that comes as an amino acid chelate such as magnesium glycinate.
- Fish oil: EPA/DHA found in fish oil have long been shown to be heart health and help to manage blood pressure. Take between 1-3 grams a day. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish oil) can reduce heart disease by up to 52 percent. Fish oils work by reducing inflammation and softening up arteries so they stay flexible.
While I don’t believe the new blood pressure guidelines, I do think keeping your blood pressure low is one of the keys to a healthy life.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the root cause of your anxiety problems.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the latest dangerous side-effect of weight loss surgery.
This breakthrough compound will have you feeling 20 years younger in JUST 2 WEEKS!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how snoring can lead to serious health conditions.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how thousands of seniors might be misdiagnosed with MS.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which popular prescription puts you on the fast track to heart attack and stroke
Dr. Scott Olson reveals a breakthrough formula that can restore your joints while you sleep.