New Nut Research SILENCES Critics
Nutcrackers and the holidays go together like horses and carriages.
And yet the tasty snacks those colorful wooden soldiers were created to open are regularly vilified for their fat content.
The truth is, these tasty tidbits are brimming with health-BOOSTING benefits.
In fact, new research reveals this HIGH-FAT food has one benefit that’s bound to surprise even their worst critics.
Honestly, nuts couldn’t have a BETTER resume.
They hide a treasure trove of healthy nutrients inside their unassuming hard shells. And these potent plant compounds can reduce inflammation, cholesterol levels, and oxidative stress.
Research shows the unique blend of healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals in nuts protects against heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and cognitive decline.
And studies confirm nut eaters tend to be leaner and face a lower risk of disease than the general population… DESPITE their fat content.
But now, in the largest study of its kind, research revealed that eating almonds while on an energy-restricted diet helps folks…
- LOSE weight
- IMPROVE cardiometabolic health (reducing heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and insulin resistance risks)
In fact, according to the study published in the journal Obesity, study participants lost about 15 pounds WHILE regularly eating the nuts.
So, ignore their critics and indulge in nuts this holiday season and beyond.
Sprinkle them raw or toasted into oatmeal, salads, and yogurt. Blend them into your favorite dip or pesto. Or simply snack on a fistful.
And celebrate their unique benefits when you do:
- Almonds are loaded with vitamin E, magnesium, and antioxidants. Regularly eating almonds is linked to lower LDL cholesterol and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Walnuts are rich in anti-inflammatory omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Walnuts can boost brain health and reduce the oxidative stress involved in aging and cognitive decline.
- Pecans contain the most antioxidants of any nut. Their high levels of phenolic compounds can reduce arthritis-associated inflammation and your risk of metabolic syndrome and other chronic illnesses.
- Pistachios possess cholesterol-lowering phytosterols and are linked to healthier blood pressure when eaten daily. Their vibrant green color indicates the presence of lutein for eye health.
- Hazelnuts are an excellent source of folate, which plays a role in healthy cell division and DNA synthesis. Folate is also crucial for cardiovascular and neurological health.
- Cashews provide bone-strengthening magnesium and copper. When blended, they can be added to dips, creams, and cheese alternatives for an extra punch of protein and minerals.
- Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, an essential mineral with potent antioxidant activity that protects cells from damage. Just one Brazil nut meets our daily selenium needs.
- Macadamia nuts contain the highest amount of monounsaturated “good fat” per serving and are loaded with bone-nourishing calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
It’s time to stop avoiding these nutrient-packed gifts from nature. Science shows that regularly eating nuts benefits nearly every aspect of health.
So, go ahead and embrace these little nuggets of nutrition.
P.S. Dodge depression with the BLUES BUSTER that’s already in your pantry.
“Almonds vs. carbohydrate snacks in an energy-restricted diet: Weight and cardiometabolic outcomes from a randomized trial,” Obesity, Volume 31, Issue 10, October 2023, Pages 2467-2481, doi. org /10.1002/oby.23860
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Is your heart trying to tell you something? Are little warning signs appearing that your ticker may be in trouble someday soon? You may have noticed your blood pressure creeping UP or your energy levels dialing DOWN. Or everyday tasks leave you feeling more winded than usual. Don’t ignore those signs. Your heart could be...
“My wife has had some dizziness when standing up quickly. Should she be concerned? A friend suggested it could be related to her blood pressure medication?” – Frank (Article continues below.) Hi Frank, Low blood pressure when standing after sitting or lying down is called orthostatic or postural hypotension. Typically, someone will feel dizzy or...
We all want to remain youthful, healthy, and vibrant as we age. But that’s easier said than done. Sure, you can fork over the cash for the latest designer anti-aging cream, drink gallons of raw water (whatever that is?), and try to survive on a diet consisting only of green veggies. But the answer to...
Bored to tears by repetitive trips to the gym? Rather walk across hot coals that try another one of the frantic routines presented by perky fitness gurus on TV? Do long walks on the treadmill feel about as thrilling as watching paint dry? New research reveals the answer to your workout prayers… Strap on your...
It’s a habit often hurled as an insult by movie bullies and internet trolls. Yet over HALF of us are “mouth breathers.” And, as I’m sure you already know, despite the insults, mouth breathing doesn’t have a thing to do with intelligence. But new research reveals it DOES have a downside. Mouth breathing could leave...
The change is subtle at first. But it grows with each passing year. Muscle loss sneaks up on us. But, as we pass through middle age and beyond, it can start to take its toll in unexpected ways. Maybe carrying the groceries inside becomes just a bit harder. Or climbing the stairs to the bedroom...
The battle between coffee and green tea lovers has raged for decades. Both beverages have passionate, devoted fans. And each is convinced their drink of choice is THE elixir of life. But when it boils down to SPECIFIC benefits, is one better than the other? Is green tea or coffee superior at fighting aging? How...
Happy Valentine’s Day. I hope you have something fun planned with a loved one. Speaking of plans—remember that time you FORGOT Valentine’s and were in the doghouse for days? Or maybe it was your keys, a doctor’s appointment, or even the waitress’s name that’s served you coffee for the last three years instead. Regardless of...
Yesterday, I warned you about a link between vision loss and cognitive impairment. It turns out common cataracts don’t just rob you of your vision… they could also do a number on your brain. But there was GOOD news, too. That decline may be reversible! If you missed that issue, CLICK HERE to catch up...
You wake up one morning, and something seems off. The world looks a bit hazy, as if you’re peering through a thin veil. Colors appear dull and muted. And reading becomes more difficult as words on the page blur together. You assume you just need a new eyeglass prescription, but the TRUE culprit has been...