How Old Can You Possibly Live? (I Have the Answer)
Dear Living Well Daily Reader,
Here is a funny question: How long do you think you could live?
90? 100? 110?
People have been asking that question for ages… and scientists think they’ve finally found the answer.
In fact, a new study published in the journal Nature has pegged the human “age ceiling” at 114 years for men and 116 years for women.
But how old you live is really not the issue. Is it?
Getting older is not that much fun – if you are not healthy.
That’s why I’m going to introduce you to an even more important concept than lifespan. It’s called “healthspan,” and it could change forever how you look at aging.
I want to live a long, full life. Who doesn’t?
But what I want to do more than anything is live a long HEALTHY life.
Most people’s lives go like this: They are healthy most of their lives, but around 50-years-old they get their first disease (heart disease, diabetes, arthritis….).
From there, they accumulate a major disease every five to ten years (cancer, more heart disease, dementia…).
What happens to most people is they slowly lose the ability to live their lives and their ability to do what they love because of all the diseases they accumulate.
Most people don’t have a great quality of life during the last decade or two of their lives.
That is not my plan – and it’s not my plan for you, either.
I want to be active, healthy, and vibrant until the last month or two (and then die).
What I’m talking about here is called “healthspan” and it is very different from “lifespan.”
Healthspan is a measure of how long you stay healthy.
How do you increase your healthspan?
Science clearly shows that long-lived people follow a similar plan.
Dr. Scott’s Best Plan to Extend Your Healthspan:
- Eat more veggies than anything else. Chose many different colors to eat – as many as you can.
- Find a good source of phytonutrients. You need more than just vitamins to maintain health. The additional nutrients you are looking for are called bioflavonoids, polyphenols, and others. Supplement if you diet is not what it should be.
- Eat close to nature. Eat food that is as fresh and unprocessed as much as possible.
- Eat fermented foods. This includes yogurts, sauerkraut, miso, natto and others. Use probiotics to make sure you are getting enough good bacteria.
- Keep active. Yes, this means exercise. Work in your garden, play golf or tennis, ride a bike, go for walks…
- Keep curious. Use your brain as often as you can. Try crossword puzzles or other games that keep you engaged.
- Spiritual life. Practice some form of spiritual life – it’s been proven to keep you healthy.
- Sleep and stress. Reduce stress and increase sleep – as much as you can.
Living a healthy life is every bit as important as living a long life.
If you work at it, you can do both.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.
Dr. Scott Olson shows you the easy, fast, and completely natural fixes to your gut problem.
Dr. Scott Olson explores the surprising, real reason why cancer cases are decreasing.