POWERFUL Herbal "Antidote" DEFIES Aging
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.”
In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses.
But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent ability to slow down FATHER Time.
Ginseng has been the subject of thousands of studies that have revealed its effectiveness against brain diseases, diabetes, skin aging, age-related muscle loss, and more.
And now, new research published in the journal Nutrients reveals WHY ginseng is so good at fighting back against the diseases of aging.
Scientists still don’t entirely understand WHY our bodies break down as we age. But they do understand the process.
In a nutshell…
- cells slow down,
- their metabolic machinery falters,
- the old cells don’t get removed as efficiently, and
- inflammation rises.
All these changes are caused by DNA damage, metabolic fluctuations, and mitochondrial dysfunction.
But it turns out ginseng is such a powerful “antidote” to destructive aging because of the herb’s active compounds, including saponins, polysaccharides, and active peptides.
According to the new study, they essentially delay aging by increasing antioxidant enzymes throughout the body and protecting your DNA from damage. (I also include it in my cancer recommendations for these very same reasons.)
If you want to give Father Time the yield sign, ginseng is an excellent place to start. But don’t stop there.
I have a few more surefire tips for fighting off the ravages of aging.
- Improve your sleep: Almost nothing will make you look older than your years than not getting a good night’s sleep. But appearance is the least of your worries. Because a lack of quality sleep interferes with the body’s repair mechanisms, accelerating aging from head to toe. Set a bedtime and stick to it. If you have trouble sleeping, try a supplement that contains melatonin (the sleep hormone) or calming herbs such as hops, passionflower, chamomile, or valerian.
- Eat more vegetables: Turns out mom was right. You need to eat your veggies. It’s estimated that 80 percent of us don’t get our daily recommended servings. And that’s a problem because vegetables contain antioxidants and vitamins that kill off the free radicals that accelerate aging. Try to add at least one EXTRA vegetable to every meal. If you’re still falling short, add a superfood supplement to your routine to cover whatever you’re missing.
- Ditch the sugar: Sugar does as much harm to your body as smoking cigarettes. It damages collagen, leading to skin sagging. It robs you of energy, causing you to feel worn down, making it difficult to think straight (brain fog). Plus, sugar creates malformed proteins that wrinkle skin, cloud vision (cataracts), and destroy blood vessels (heart disease). Do your best to SLASH added sugars from your diet.
- Exercise: When you exercise, it distributes healthy blood to all the tissues in your body… and it shows. You LOOK and FEEL better. Try to do something active daily. The more you’re on your feet, the better. But you don’t have to spend hours at the gym. Any regular activity that gets you up and moving counts from walking to doing chores around the house.
If you want to try ginseng be sure you’re getting the RIGHT kind.
American or Asian (also known as Korean) ginsengs contain a similar chemical makeup and are the varieties used in traditional medicine and research.
Siberian ginseng (or Eleuthero) is an entirely different plant and doesn’t contain the same active ingredients.
P.S. This “MIRACLE Molecule” RESISTS aging? To find out what scientists are saying, CLICK HERE.
“Research Progress on the Anti-Aging Potential of the Active Components of Ginseng. Nutrients 2023, 15, 3286., doi. org /10.3390/nu15153286
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Some folks just can’t kick COVID. In fact, millions are suffering the long-term aftereffects of the virus, including fatigue, brain fog, and muscle weakness. And finding solutions for so-called “long COVID” has been challenging. However, early research reveals a simple supplement could come to the rescue. Scientists say creatine supplements could be a Godsend for...
With the change of seasons and all the holiday cheer surrounding us, the winter blues can sometimes, unexpectedly, come roaring in. If that sounds familiar, you should know you’re NOT alone. Up to 20 percent of folks are in the same boat. It’s easy to let everything slip when you’re feeling this way. But the...
All too often, when you hear about the health benefits of exercise, the lecture comes from a super-fit, intimidating athlete. You know the type. A Joe Health Nut who obsessively exercises every waking moment of his life. (Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do it in their sleep too.) Trying to meet such high...
If you’re old enough, you’re ALSO lucky enough to recall a time when red meat wasn’t considered the enemy. Up until the mid to late 1950s, it was understood that red meat wasn’t JUST mouthwateringly delicious… it was ALSO a valuable source of nutrition. And saturated fat wasn’t the bogeyman it was suddenly being portrayed...
“Everyone talks about high blood sugar. What are tricks for low blood sugar?” – Tom Hi Tom, A common cause of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) is taking too much insulin or another glucose-lowering drug. These drugs reduce blood sugar, but they can cause it to drop TOO low depending on… when you eat, how many...
We tend to take sleep for granted. Well, until we’re no longer getting ENOUGH of it, that is. It’s not unusual to start having sleep issues as we age. In fact, it’s SO common that folks often chalk it up to “getting older” and they ignore it. But that’s dangerous. And not just because you...
Seasons EATINGS! It’s a few weeks into the holiday season, and I ALREADY feel as stuffed as a Christmas Turkey. And I don’t know about you… but all the rich food has MY tummy giving me a bit of trouble. Anyone can get indigestion from time to time, of course. But if there’s no known...
A staggering 40 percent of the world’s population has high blood pressure. And all of those folks are at a significantly higher risk for developing related conditions, including heart disease, stroke, and kidney failure. Doctors typically treat high blood pressure with drugs. But these meds have some disturbing side effects. So, if they can be...
Maybe it’s the midafternoon slump when your mind starts to wander… Or perhaps it’s that fuzzy-headed feeling you get when burning the midnight oil. Whatever the cause, your brain power is fading fast. If you’re like many folks (including me), that’s when you head to the coffee machine. But caffeine isn’t the only way to...
Sitting is DEADLY. Yes, I know that sounds extreme. But it’s also true. Sitting for long periods forces your body into a position that isn’t natural. Do it too long, and it harms your health. Too much sitting reduces circulation, weakens bones, tightens muscles, triggers blood sugar issues, and, ultimately, SHORTENS your life. And you…...