The REAL Reason Your Arteries Are Clogging
You know that fat molecules pile up in your arteries and those plaques lead to heart attacks.
The plaques are a combination of calcium, cells, and cholesterol.
The bigger question, though, is: How do those plaques form?
A study led by the University of Connecticut, published in the Journal of Lipid Research, gives us a new clue.
There is a well-known association between gum disease and heart disease: people with gum disease are more likely to have a heart attack.
The team of scientists from the University of Connecticut discovered a link between the types of bacteria that live in our mouths (and guts) and people who have heart attacks.
Here is how they figured it out:
Bacteria (like humans) produce fats. If you compare the chemical makeup of bacteria-fats and human-fats you find they are a little different.
Certain bacterial fats cause problems for us.
Those bacterial fats look different from our own and they cause our immune system to go crazy, which raises inflammation. (Inflammation, you know, is horrible for our heart health).
The next thing you know, you’re on your way to poor heart health and clogged arteries.
So what can you do to tamp down inflammation and these bad bacteria?
Dr. Scott’s Inflammation and Heart Health Program:
- Exercise: Exercise reduces inflammation, and is great for the heart. Don’t be too crazy with your exercise. Simply walking every day is a good place to start.
- Avoid Vegetable Oils: Vegetable oils, especially trans fatty acids, are as bad as certain bacterial fats: they cause inflammation to rise.
- Probiotics: The only way to overpower the bad bacteria is to make sure you have enough of the good guys. You can do this by taking a probiotic and eating fermented foods such as yogurt and sauerkraut.
- Fish Oil: One of the most powerful anti-inflammatories is fish oil. It works inside your body to keep inflammatory proteins low.
- Curcumin: This extract from turmeric is great at helping the body modulate inflammation. Unless you get a ton of this in your food, you should think about supplementing.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
It’s not the foundation of youth… but it may be the next best thing. Research proves that a simple vitamin can slow the aging process and add quality years to your life.
The government and health groups have been scaring people away from salt for years. But salt holds the key to protecting your health – and even extending your life.
Nobody should have to live with Parkinson’s disease – and you don’t have to. Follow my plan to slash your Parkinson’s risk.
Drug companies have been pushing risky diabetes meds for years – and the disease hasn’t slowed down one bit. Here’s how to start naturally reversing diabetes before it’s too late.
Big Pharma is in a campaign of denial about proton pump inhibitors (PPIs). But the evidence is clear – they do permanent harm to your brain.
Most men with prostate cancer are steered toward aggressive surgery. But guys who have been through the ordeal wish they hadn’t – and say they’d never do it again.
Even mainstream doctors are catching on to the wonders of vitamin D. But the advice they’re handing out is wrong… and harmful.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret poison leaking in your kitchen and what you can do to stop it.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the truth about blood pressure medication, and how Big Pharma is profiting off of it.