The REAL Reason Your Arteries Are Clogging
You know that fat molecules pile up in your arteries and those plaques lead to heart attacks.
The plaques are a combination of calcium, cells, and cholesterol.
The bigger question, though, is: How do those plaques form?
A study led by the University of Connecticut, published in the Journal of Lipid Research, gives us a new clue.
There is a well-known association between gum disease and heart disease: people with gum disease are more likely to have a heart attack.
The team of scientists from the University of Connecticut discovered a link between the types of bacteria that live in our mouths (and guts) and people who have heart attacks.
Here is how they figured it out:
Bacteria (like humans) produce fats. If you compare the chemical makeup of bacteria-fats and human-fats you find they are a little different.
Certain bacterial fats cause problems for us.
Those bacterial fats look different from our own and they cause our immune system to go crazy, which raises inflammation. (Inflammation, you know, is horrible for our heart health).
The next thing you know, you’re on your way to poor heart health and clogged arteries.
So what can you do to tamp down inflammation and these bad bacteria?
Dr. Scott’s Inflammation and Heart Health Program:
- Exercise: Exercise reduces inflammation, and is great for the heart. Don’t be too crazy with your exercise. Simply walking every day is a good place to start.
- Avoid Vegetable Oils: Vegetable oils, especially trans fatty acids, are as bad as certain bacterial fats: they cause inflammation to rise.
- Probiotics: The only way to overpower the bad bacteria is to make sure you have enough of the good guys. You can do this by taking a probiotic and eating fermented foods such as yogurt and sauerkraut.
- Fish Oil: One of the most powerful anti-inflammatories is fish oil. It works inside your body to keep inflammatory proteins low.
- Curcumin: This extract from turmeric is great at helping the body modulate inflammation. Unless you get a ton of this in your food, you should think about supplementing.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the spice that will change your health for the better!
Dr. Scott Olson gives you the most creative, fun ways to prevent the worst disease, Alzheimer’s
Dr. Scott Olson gives you the best tips on how add, rather than lose, muscle as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about a recent scientific study scam that could save your life!
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the truth about the FDA’s biggest mistake.
Dr. Scott Olson tells you everything you need to know about nutrition as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson dishes the best, natural hair growth secrets out there!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about joint replacement surgeries.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how this miraculous oil can heal almost any illness you have.