Revealed! EXACTLY How Much Exercise You Need
You know me, I'm kind of crazy about exercise.
But I’ve seen LOTS of patients over the years who were confused about how much exercise they really need.
Go to a gym and ask a personal trainer, and they’ll say they want you in there every day… pumping iron and walking on the treadmill until you keel over.
That’s crazy… and stupid… and dangerous.
Luckily, a new study in the Journal of Physiology, has pinned down the number of days a week you should exercise to keep your arteries, you heart, and your brain in top shape.
You might be surprised by how little you have to do to improve your health.
If there is one fountain of youth, it’s certainly exercise.
Exercise helps you feel calmer, have clearer thoughts, and feel happier. And, down the road, exercise is good for your brain, your skin, your heart, and your longevity.
If I could bottle exercise and sell it, I would be a billionaire.
The new study used the health of participants’ arteries as a measure for how much exercise they needed.
Scientists looked at a group of 102 people, all of them older than 60 years old.
They measured each person's artery stiffness and grouped them into three different categories, depending on how much they exercised throughout the year.
The first group were people who didn't exercise at all, the second were casual exercisers who are active two to three times a week, and the last group were people who exercised six to seven times per week.
Guess what? A life long history of casual exercise resulted in more youthful, middle-sized arteries.
So, the people who exercise like me (almost every day) are not the healthiest in the bunch.
The take away? Your arteries need 30 minutes of exercise, two or three days a week.
Want to supercharge your chances for a healthy life? Here are some other things you can try:
- Get enough fiber. It helps to keep our bowels regular, but also to take toxins out of our bodies.
- Eat good proteins such as grass-fed and free-range meats.
- Take antioxidants, especially those found in colorful fruits and veggies. If you don’t get enough vegetables in your diet, make sure you supplement.
These nutrients also help:
- Curcumin is an extract of the spice turmeric. It is anti-inflammatory and provides good antioxidant protection.
- Fish oils are essential fatty acids that most people are not getting. Make sure you supplement if you are not eating fish two to three times a week.
- Polyphenols are phytonutrients found in fresh fruits and vegetables. Most people are not getting enough of these either, but you can find supplements easily enough.
- Vitamin E, selenium, CoQ10, and astaxanthin are also great for promoting a strong immune system, overall health, and longevity.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a powerhouse supplement can REBUILD your joints!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how a weird condition is ruining your health!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals what your BP drugs are doing to your health.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals which diabetes meds are causing serious genital infections.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals his secret to never having another migraine!