STOP Food Cravings for GOOD!
Over the years, you’ve probably heard that just about everything can cause you to gain weight.
Mainstream health “experts” have blamed those extra pounds on your low metabolism… the foods you eat… and even cycles of the moon….
Yet, no one mentions one of the most common reason for weight gain: food cravings.
If you’ve ever found yourself in a drive-thru line late at night… ordering a plate of nachos with extra cheese… you know what I’m talking about.
Fortunately, there’s a way to STOP these powerful cravings… SHED the weight.
Let me show you.
Answer this simple question: do you often make a special trip to a store to buy a food because you couldn’t get it out of your mind?
Instead of seeing cravings as something out of control, it might help you to know that food cravings are your body’s attempt to reach out and get you to put the right nutrients in your body.
You see, many cravings are a cry for help from your body. It’s letting you know that you are seriously lacking several key vitamins nutrients or minerals.
These cravings regulate your appetite, your mood, your hunger levels – and even the gas pedal as you drive to the pick-window.
Part of problem is that our bodies misinterpret what are body is crying out for.
One way to stop craving is to make sure your body’s basic nutritional needs are met.
Here are the most common deficiencies and what you can do about it:
- Calcium. Of course, we need calcium for strong bones, for nerve impulses, blood clotting, and to keep your heart pumping. You know you need more calcium if you find yourself craving sodas, carbonated drinks, and even dairy. I’m not a big fan of supplementing with calcium, I prefer you find your calcium in dark leafy greens, broccoli, Brazil nuts, almonds, and foods like salmon and tuna.
- Magnesium. Magnesium is a relaxing mineral. Studies show up to 80% of us don’t get enough. If you have intense cravings for sugar, or feel tired and sore, you may need more magnesium. Supplementing with magnesium is probably your best bet; I prefer a magnesium called magnesium malate.
- Zinc. There are at least 3000 different proteins in your body and more than 200 different enzymes that needs zinc in order to function correctly. You know you have a zinc deficiency if you experience stomach problems, low moods, or you take antacids
- Omega 3s. Our bodies cannot make essential fatty acids, so we need to get them on our diet. Most people who are deficient of Omega 3s have a craving for sweet and fatty foods such as cheese and carbohydrates. Omega 3s are another must-supplement nutrient.
- Vitamin B 12. Roughly 25% of Americans are deficient in vitamin B 12. This vitamin is associated with memory, mood, energy, and red blood cell health. People are deficient when they feel tired or you’re craving meat, suffer from anemia, or find yourself bruising easily.
- Folic acid. Folic acid is a vitamin necessary to support heart health, cellular health, and brain health. People who are deficient in folate have a history of heart disease, fatigue, low energy and changes in mood and irritability.
- Vitamin D. The sunshine vitamin is important for bones, and good moods. Up to 70% of us are deficient in Vitamin D. You know you’re deficient in Vitamin D if you get sick a lot, have back pain, or you are moody.
This just scratches the surface: it is a good idea to choose a good multivitamin to ensure you cover your nutritional deficiencies.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
You know what the world DOESN’T need? A new pill for diabetes. But Big Pharma – and the FDA – don’t agree. The FDA just approved a new pill to lower blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. But there’s a HUGE problem with this new drug… it CAUSES CANCER. Here’s how to stay...
As you age, it can seem like your metabolism comes to a screeching halt. And when it does, your energy tanks… and you start packing on the pounds. Even worse? You could find yourself on the fast track to dangerous diseases like diabetes and heart disease. But it doesn’t have to be this way. Because...
If you or your loved one has Alzheimer’s, you’d probably do just about anything to reverse the disease. That’s why it’s easy to submit when your mainstream doc suggests taking meds. The only problem? There’s not a single Alzheimer’s drug on the market that actually WORKS. And if that’s bad enough… research now shows that...
If you’ve got cancer, the only thing on your mind is surviving it. But the mainstream makes that difficult at every turn. The chemo… radiation… and even “safe” immunotherapies all come with a price. Now it looks like a popular class of conventional drugs can sabotage your chances of surviving cancer. And chances are you’ve...
You know those red lights that pop us on your car’s dashboards? They’re signs that somethings wrong with your car. Well, your body has the same type of warning system. And if you’re a man of 50, you shouldn’t be looking for a red light… Instead, you should be calling the doctor if you’re having...
If you’re like most of my senior patients, you’ve probably lost count of the number of times you’ve walked into a room… and totally forgot why you went in there in the first place. Or had to drive BACK to the grocery store for that one forgotten item. But most mainstream brain health solutions are...
If you’re anything like my senior patients, your biggest fear is losing your memories… and independence. And why shouldn’t it be? No one wants to saddle their family with the cost and stress of taking care of them as they grow older. But it seems like the mainstream is hell bent on seeing this happen...
As you age, keeping your brain in tip-top shape should be your most important health goal. Because without a healthy brain, you will slowly lose your memories… your health… and your independence. But your mainstream doc is NO HELP. He’ll just put you on a strict diet and give you a bunch of nasty, worthless...
If you’re anything like my senior patients, you’d do just about anything to live longer. That’s why you have up smoking… never skip your daily walk… and try to eat more veggies. But as it turns out there’s a certain drink you also NEED to avoid to stay out of an early grave. Your mainstream...
There’s all kinds of advice out there on the best way to get the most out of your workout. You know… post-exercise protein shakes… drinking water… and taking supplements. But what you don’t hear about is what you SHOULD’NT do after a workout. As it turns out there’s one weird thing you should avoid at...