STOP Losing Weight! (If You're Doing This…)
When was the last time someone told you NOT to lose weight?
Studies show that losing weight is good for your body – even losing a few pounds can help reverse diabetes, boost brain function and improve your heart.
So, who is going to tell you not to lose weight?
Actually, I’m going to tell you NOT to lose a certain TYPE of weight – because losing this weight can be deadly.
What typically happens when someone goes on a diet is that they lose muscle and fat. That may not sound like a big deal, but it is.
While the scale looks great while fat and muscle are leaving your body, there are big problems on the horizon for your health.
That is because losing muscle means terrible news for your metabolism.
It is this simple: lose muscle and you lose metabolism.
If you ever tried to lose weight and found the first pounds easy to drop, but then stopped losing weight only to gain back more than you stated with – you know the pain of losing metabolism.
The last thing you want to do, then, is lose muscle mass when you are on a diet.
Fortunately, there are ways to minimize muscle loss and still lose weight.
Dr. Scott’s Muscle-Maintaining Weight-Loss Program
- Don’t starve yourself. Just cutting calories is no way to lose weight (even though you hear this from everyone). The way to lose weight is to look at what kind of foods you are eating and not how much.
- Eat the right foods. If you want to lose weight, you must focus on removing sugar and the foods that act like sugar in your body. This means removing all processed sugary foods (and drinks) as well and reducing grains, sweet fruits, and starchy vegetables as much as possible.
- Get enough protein. Your muscles are made from protein. To keep your muscles and build new ones, you need to supply your body with the building blocks of muscles. The best way to build muscle is to supplement or eat protein after working out.
- Exercise. Tell your muscles you still want them around by exercising. Think large muscles in the body, such as the ones in your legs. You strengthen these muscles by walking, running, or lifting weights.
- Help control blood sugar. If you have a hard time balancing your blood sugar, turn to the herbal extract berberine and the mineral chromium. These both do wonders to control blood sugar and kickstart weight loss.
There is nothing worse for your health than losing weight only to gain it back later. Even worse is when you gain back more than you lost.
If you want to lose weight and keep it off, make sure you keep (or increase) your muscle mass.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson explains how to increase your chances of survival post-cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson exposes one of the largest problems in the drug industry and ways to fight it.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the best way to prevent pre-Alzheimer’s disease.
Dr. Scott Olson tells you the way to reverse aging with 5 easy solutions!
Dr. Scott Olson explains the best ways to experience joint pain relief.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the vitamins you are most deficient and the best ways to restore them.