The REAL Reason You Have Gas (Surprising)
Dave had the funniest way of saying things.
He sat down in my office and got right to the point: “Certain foods seem to turn me into a human wind turbine.”
Dave was experiencing lots of gas, especially after meals. And let’s just say his wife wasn’t too thrilled about it.
Maybe you’ve been struggling with gas for years… and maybe, like lots of folks, you’ve tried to ignore the problem.
But you don’t have to ignore it any longer.
Let me show you what’s REALLY causing your gas – and how to get rid of it for good.
We’re all born with a gut environment of good bacteria – usually inherited from our mothers.
But stress, antibiotics, fatty and/or sugary foods, and other environmental factors can work to kill off lots of that good bacteria
This leaves behind harmful species of bacteria, which grow and take over our digestive tracts.
When bad bacteria take over your digestive tract, they produce gas.
This happens in two ways:
#1: Your digestive system doesn’t digest food properly:Eating foods you cannot digest provides a nice meal for bad bacteria.
- Dairy intolerance occurs because you’re not able to digest milk sugar (lactose). Many people don’t have the ability to digest dairy after they reach adulthood. When your body cannot digest the sugars in dairy, they become food for bacteria in your gut.
- Fruit: Most people can only digest about 25 grams of fruit sugar (or fructose) at a time. This is not much sugar and you could easily consume more in a small serving of fruit juice.
- Sugar: Any amount of sugar can easily become a source for bacteria to produce gas. Soda is well-known for causing bloating because there is no way your body can digest all the sugar when you drink a large soda. Those sugars become food for bacteria and bloating is soon to follow.
#2: You don’t have enough healthy bacteria.
- You should have a balance between good and bad bacteria. The bad bacteria are known for creating too much gas (and it often smells really bad).
- You can make the bad bacteria go away by making sure you are getting enough of the good bacteria (probiotics).
You can ban bloating and gas by following a few easy tips.
Dr. Scott’s “Ban the Bloat” Program:
- Cut the sugars: Avoid soda and any food that is too sugary (as much as you can).
- Use salt: Many articles on bloating will say to avoid salt because it causes you to bloat: but don’t believe this. Salt is necessary to make hydrochloric acid in your stomach and the acid is needed to keep bad bacteria under control.
- Take a good prebiotic and probiotic: I like a probiotic product that has fiber (prebiotic) and good bacteria (probiotics).
- Try herbs: Basil, dill, ginger, fennel, and mint all help to decrease bloating. The best herbal remedy, in my experience, is enteric-coated peppermint oil.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Your mainstream doc talks a lot about how important your heart is. And he probably suggests expensive scans, blood work and other tests to make sure your heart is healthy. The only problem is… they DON’T WORK. It’s almost impossible to know if your heart is in good shape. Case in point? My father-in-law died...
If you didn’t already know that the American health system is the pits, a new study just confirmed it. In a new ranking put out by Commonwealth Fund, the United States hit the bottom of the list for health care quality in developed countries. This fills me with rage. We should have the best and...
It seems to happen more and more as you age. The newspapers are piling up on the sidewalk… your sink is full of dishes… and you haven’t cooked a real meal in weeks. You simply don’t have the energy you need to get anything done. And when your energy levels are this low, t’s easy...
When you get diabetes… or cancer… or any other chronic disease, your mainstream doc will point a finger at all sorts of things. They’ll blame your diet… your age… and even your genes. What they’ll never point a finger at is the one thing that determines who gets sick… and who doesn’t. But I will....
Be honest: when was the last time you felt sharp, strong, and full of energy… Or made it through the day without reaching for a coffee or an energy drink? If it’s too long ago to remember, I have good news for you. My colleague, Dr. Richard Gerhauser, has just created a revolutionary 3-in-1 formula...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For most of us, nothing is more terrifying than being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. And it’s not just because this devastating disease can make you lose your memories. It’ can also strip you of your INDEPENDENCE. Fortunately, there are a few ways to catch Alzheimer’s before it steals your future. And...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, For years, the mainstream has been telling you the same old lies about how long you’re going to live. They’ll tell you it’s all about your genes… your diet… and even what you ate as a kid. Even worse, they’ll hand you a bag full of expensive, risky pills that...
Dear Living Well Daily Reader, A recent survey quizzed men and asked them about their prostate cancer risk. When asked what the most common signs of prostate cancer were… most men had no clue. Why? They are afraid of telling the doctor about anything to do with their prostate because they don’t want to be...
Talk to your mainstream doc about your Alzheimer’s risk and they’ll say something like: “You’re going to get Alzheimer’s or you’re not. Nothing you can do about it.” Well, I’m here to tell you that’s nonsense. Because there are many ways to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s. In fact, I’m going to show you a...
If you want to live a long healthy life, you need start paying more attention to your gut. And I don’t mean that sinking feeling you get when something bad is about to happen. I mean taking care of the good bacteria in your gut (or your microbiome). These bugs help you absorb nutrients and...