The REAL Reason Your Knees Hurt
Let me ask you a question – what is knee pain keeping you from doing right now?
Maybe you can’t play with the grandkids… or work in the garden… or enjoy a round of golf with your buddies.
For the longest time, doctors have claimed that knee pain is a direct result of being overweight.
But lots of people lose weight, and their knee pain doesn’t improve.
Here’s the truth: the relationship between knee problems and your waistline is MUCH more complicated than we’ve ever been told.
But understanding the relationship is the first step toward FINALLY banishing your pain for good.
When I treat knee pain, I focus on giving patients proper nutrition and helping them control inflammation.
And it works.
Cartilage (which makes up all joints) is both a cushion and a lubricant. If you don't provide your body with the right nutritional building blocks for cartilage, you'll never have enough cartilage in your body.
And inflammation is well known to destroy cartilage.
Give the joints the nutrition they need, tamp down inflammation, and you’ll get better.
But I haven't been able to ignore the statistics which say obese people are more likely to have knee and joint pain.
A new study, reported in JCI Insight, opened my eyes. In the study, scientists found a strong correlation with being overweight and a disturbed microbiome (your collection of gut bacteria).
This makes complete sense to me.
The microbiome is very active in helping us digest food, protect our bodies, and absorb essential nutrients.
Your microbiome also plays a very strong role in inflammation.
So, people who are overweight often have a disturbed microbiome and that leads to more inflammation in the body.
And that leads to more pain in your knees and other joints.
Let’s fix all those problems.
Dr. Scott’s Plan for Healthy Joints:
- Exercise: In general, the more active you are, the healthier your joints. Any exercise where you are moving your joints works: try walking, running, golf, tennis, or others. If you already have sore joints, then consider exercises that don’t put pressure on the joints: try cycling and swimming.
- Maintain healthy weight: Losing weight is important for good joint health. Each extra pound you carry around puts four times the pressure on your knees. So, if you remove 10 pounds from your body, you have just taken away 40 pounds of pressure off your knees. Focus your diet on vegetables and healthy proteins.
- Take a probiotic: The only way to make sure you are getting enough healthy gut bacteria is to supplement.
- Boswellia serrata: This herb has been used for over a thousand years to help maintain joint health. Studies show it can improve joint comfort in as few as five days.
- Collagen: This is the most abundant protein in the body and it helps to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints. It even helps to reduce wrinkles. Most of us don’t get any collagen in our diets, so supplementation is your best bet.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the most deadly diseases men tend to ignore and their warning signs.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how fixing your gut health can fix your heart problems in no time!
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.