Tiny Fruit STOPS Blindness
If you’re like most of us, you’d do just about anything to never lose your eyesight.
That’s why you never skip a serving of eye-enhancing leafy greens or carrots.
But there’s something else you should be eating if you want to keep your eyesight well into your golden years.
Because Australian researchers have discovered that a certain tiny fruit can STOP the leading cause of blindness.
And it could be in your kitchen right now.
I’m talking about oranges.
And a new study shows that they can help you combat macular degeneration.
Age-related macular degeneration affects the macula, which can lead to blind spots and blurry vision.
As many as 11 million people in the U.S. have some form of age-related macular degeneration and it’s the leading cause of blindness in seniors.
But there’s hope.
Researchers at the Westmead Institute for medical research looked at data for more than 2,856 adults over a 15-year period.
At the end, they found that eating at least one serving of oranges every day is associated with the 60 percent reduction in the overall risk of developing macular degeneration.
This research builds on other studies that show antioxidants (such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and others) are beneficial to your eyes.
Oranges also contain flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants found in most fruits and vegetables.
So oranges can be good for your eyes, but there is so much more you can do to protect your eyes.
Dr. Scott’s Vision Improvement Regimen:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is crucial for vision and eye health. It is an essential component of rhodopsin – a protein that absorbs light in the retina. It also is essential for the health of the cornea and conjunctival membranes.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: DHA found in fish oil is an Omega-3 fatty acid. The photoreceptors in the retina are made up of 50 percent DHA. Supplement with 1-3 grams of fish oil a day.
- Berries: I’m a big fan of berries, they contain many powerful antioxidant compounds. Berries are high in essential vitamins and flavonoids that your eyes need. Studies have shown that blueberries may help with night vision, but so do bilberries, and Maqui berries.
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin: These carotenoids are found in colorful fruits and vegetables and help the macula determine color vision.
- Balance your Blood Sugar: Increases in blood sugar are part of the reason for the cloudiness developing. High blood sugar increases advance glycation end-products (a fancy word for misshapen proteins caused by sugar). If you have problems balancing blood sugar look to the herbal extract berberine and the mineral chromium.
Your eyes are the windows to the world. If you want to keep your ‘windows’ for your entire life, take the time now to take care of them.
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson reveals a “youth pill” that helps seniors age in reverse!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals who to boost your testosterone naturally.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to keep your body strong no matter your age.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the truth about weight loss surgery
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the telltale signs of blood sugar issues.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals how to BEAT depression without the mainstream’s dangerous drugs.