What’s REALLY Causing Your Weight Gain
Dang that bathroom scale!
It feels like it never delivers any good news.
You try to eat well… and even exercise… and the numbers just keep creeping up.
But the truth is, there are two sneaky culprits that may be FORCING your body to gain weight.
And here’s the good news – once you get them under control, the extra pounds will literally melt away.
The most likely reasons I see for not being able to shake body weight are: blood sugar problems and inflammation.
But, how do you know if these are problems you’re facing?
Here are the most common symptoms:
- You feel tired all the time. Even if you get a lot of sleep, you are still dragging.
- You have digestive problems including diarrhea, gas, and bloating.
- You are depressed. New studies suggest depression is a chronic inflammatory disease.
- Belly fat is the quickest measure of poor blood sugar control. If you have belly fat, you have problems with blood sugar and inflammation.
- Skin health such as acne, or other blemishes including fungal growth can all lead back to poor blood sugar control.
Do you have any of those problems? If so, let me show you the way out.
Dr. Scott’s Balanced Blood Sugar and Inflammation Approach:
- Eat well: This means avoiding processed foods, eating healthy proteins, and as many vegetables as you can. Staying away from sugar, grains, and starchy vegetables also helps. If you eat sugar, do it near a meal (this slows down absorption of sugar). You can also make up for not always eating well by taking a multivitamin, a fish oil, and a superfood combination (this will cover your nutritional basics).
- Exercise: Don’t feel you must run a marathon to be in shape. Choose walking, golfing, tennis… all of these can help your body deal with sugar more effectively and they drop inflammation.
- Inflammation: Buy some cheap health insurance by taking supplements that keep your inflammation low: I like fish oil, curcumin, and Boswellia.
- Berberine: This herbal extract is great for the brain and helps to control blood sugar.
- Chromium: This mineral is well-known to help control blood sugar.
The key to losing weight is to keep both your blood sugar and inflammation as low as possible.
Take these steps today and you’ll see what a difference they can make!
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
“Why does chemo also destroy good cells?” Martha from Kansas City, MO Hi Martha, We tend to think of “chemotherapy” as a single treatment. But the truth is, there are various types of chemotherapies. And they work in different ways. In general, chemotherapy destroys healthy cells, not just the cancerous ones, because it’s a non-specific or...
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...
You have five primary senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. (The sixth one doesn’t count. Only your Aunt Mable claims that one.) But you’ve likely noticed that only your sight and hearing get tested when you visit the doctor. Your senses of taste, touch, and smell are almost entirely ignored. And ignoring one of...
People often ask me what’s the WORST thing for their health. Cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal drugs often pop to mind. But everyone KNOWS those things are bad. But there’s in fact, a popular “harmless” daily habit that has HUGE health consequences. And it can be every bit as bad as a cigarette or booze habit....