What’s REALLY Causing Your Weight Gain
Dang that bathroom scale!
It feels like it never delivers any good news.
You try to eat well… and even exercise… and the numbers just keep creeping up.
But the truth is, there are two sneaky culprits that may be FORCING your body to gain weight.
And here’s the good news – once you get them under control, the extra pounds will literally melt away.
The most likely reasons I see for not being able to shake body weight are: blood sugar problems and inflammation.
But, how do you know if these are problems you’re facing?
Here are the most common symptoms:
- You feel tired all the time. Even if you get a lot of sleep, you are still dragging.
- You have digestive problems including diarrhea, gas, and bloating.
- You are depressed. New studies suggest depression is a chronic inflammatory disease.
- Belly fat is the quickest measure of poor blood sugar control. If you have belly fat, you have problems with blood sugar and inflammation.
- Skin health such as acne, or other blemishes including fungal growth can all lead back to poor blood sugar control.
Do you have any of those problems? If so, let me show you the way out.
Dr. Scott’s Balanced Blood Sugar and Inflammation Approach:
- Eat well: This means avoiding processed foods, eating healthy proteins, and as many vegetables as you can. Staying away from sugar, grains, and starchy vegetables also helps. If you eat sugar, do it near a meal (this slows down absorption of sugar). You can also make up for not always eating well by taking a multivitamin, a fish oil, and a superfood combination (this will cover your nutritional basics).
- Exercise: Don’t feel you must run a marathon to be in shape. Choose walking, golfing, tennis… all of these can help your body deal with sugar more effectively and they drop inflammation.
- Inflammation: Buy some cheap health insurance by taking supplements that keep your inflammation low: I like fish oil, curcumin, and Boswellia.
- Berberine: This herbal extract is great for the brain and helps to control blood sugar.
- Chromium: This mineral is well-known to help control blood sugar.
The key to losing weight is to keep both your blood sugar and inflammation as low as possible.
Take these steps today and you’ll see what a difference they can make!
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
MAILBAG: Ease Annoying Allergy Symptoms
“My allergies have been so terrible the last few weeks and my allergy medicine isn’t really doing anything. What can I do?” – Darlene from Chesapeake, Virginia Hi Darlene, There are two steps I typically recommend to tackle troublesome allergies. The first is to focus on nutrients. Begin by getting enough magnesium, folic acid, and carotenoids...
Drug Company FAILS to Respond to Heartburn Drug Risk
Type the word “Zantac” into any search engine, and the first thing likely to come up is “Zantac lawsuit.” And the reason WHY people are suing the drug’s maker, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is a twisted tale that’ll turn your stomach… The drug company allegedly took a page straight out of big tobacco’s playbook. And as a...
"Splash Hack" DOUBLES the Benefits of Your Morning Brew
I love coffee. I roast my own beans. I have a fancy coffee maker. The WHOLE nine yards. Of course, I love the bright, bitter punch of flavor I get in every sip. And there’s nothing like the jump-start coffee gives my brain in the morning. But I also know that coffee has bunches of...
Ocean Organism KILLS Resistant Cancer Cells
Cancer treatments essentially come in two “flavors.” There are the sickening meds that poison the cancerous cells (and sometimes the healthy ones, too), like chemotherapy. Or there are the physical “slash and burn” options such as surgery and radiation. There are times that either or both might be necessary. But let’s face it, cancer treatments...
Nutrient Fix for Deadly "Orphan Condition"
Venous thromboembolism is what I call an “orphan condition.” The chances are high that you’ve never even heard of it before. But we should discuss it more often because it’s underdiagnosed, SERIOUS, and preventable. A (VTE) happens when a blood clot forms in a vein. When that clot is in a DEEP vein (usually in...
"Liquid Gold" Packs a Powerful Healing Punch
Bone broth has popped up on grocery store shelves nationwide in the last few years. And I couldn’t be happier about it! I love to drink bone broth. But I used to have to make my own “liquid gold.” And to be honest… it’s time-consuming. Now, you can pop down to your local supermarket and...
Diabetes Risk PLUMMETS with THIS Vitamin
I’ve got to be honest with you. When it comes to health, the future is looking a bit grim. If you’re no spring chicken, a tsunami of poor health could be headed your way. Recent research has found that 25 percent of people over 65 ALREADY have diabetes. But it gets worse. Over 50 percent...
MAILBAG: Exercise AFTER a Heart Attack?
“My wife had a heart attack a few months ago. She’s sitting around and doing even less than she did before. I’m a regular reader and know you’ve mentioned moving is important for heart attack patients. What are some safe things she can do to keep moving? How much should she move?” – Rob from...
Olive Oil Compound WOWS Researchers
Olive oil has been getting some well-deserved attention the last few years. So it would be easy to assume that the golden oil’s status as a health food was recently earned. But the truth is, olive oil has been considered a healthy staple in the human diet since it was first developed 600 years ago....
NEW Medicinal Mushroom Benefit UNCOVERED
I’m a big fan of medicinal mushrooms. Almost everyone has eaten a standard mushroom on a pizza or in a spaghetti sauce, of course. But most folks have yet to experience medical mushrooms’ power to improve our health. Medicinal mushrooms are already used to treat heart, liver, and brain conditions. They can boost the immune...