7 Things KILLING Your Energy
Ken was sitting in my office… and he looked TERRIBLE.
He told me he felt exhausted all the time, and didn’t have the energy to do anything.
So I did what I always do…
I asked Ken to walk me through a typical day in his life, with as much detail as possible.
By the time he was done, I’d spotted seven things that were killing his energy levels.
These “Sinister 7” are probably destroying your energy reserves, too – here’s what you can do about it.
There are many things we do every day that zap our energy:
1. Coffee: That cup of coffee certainly gives you energy, but that energy has to come from somewhere. You will feel tired later on. Even worse, if you’re drinking it later in the day, you disrupt your sleep cycle and that reduces how long you will sleep and the quality of sleep. The key? Don’t drink coffee six hours before going to bed.
2. Multitasking: Maybe you pride yourself on getting a lot done in a short period of time. But science has found that focusing on just one thing at a time helps to keep you alert and less tired.
3. Dehydration: You probably don’t drink enough water. Scientists at the University of Connecticut found even slight dehydration can sink your energy. The reason is a bit unclear, but it has been shown there is a close relationship between hydration and energy. If you are using coffee as a pickup, make sure you drink one extra water for each cup of coffee to prevent dehydration.
4. Smart phone/Computer/Television: Screens emit a blue light which interrupts your normal circadian rhythms (your sleep/wake cycle) and it drops your natural production of melatonin. All of this leads to less REM (deep) sleep. Try putting away all screens at least an hour before going to bed.
5. Exercise routine: Exercising doesn’t zap your energy – but not exercising does. When you feel low energy, the last thing you want to do is go exercise, but studies have shown that exercise helps increase energy later in the day. Even simple walking can increase a person’s energy by as much as 20%. Increased blood flow and oxygen help you feel energized.
6. Drinking alcohol: Alcohol is well known to help you fall asleep, but then wake you up later. It messes (once again) with your normal sleep cycle. Avoid drinks later in the day.
7. Staying inside: Lack of sunlight and vitamin D can destroy your good sleep and energy in general. Plus, the air inside is not as good as the air outside.
Ken was doing pretty much all of these things. No wonder he felt tired.
I told Ken to follow my anti-fatigue plan.
Dr. Scott’s Anti-Fatigue Protocol:
- Hydrate: Make sure you are drinking mostly water all day long. It’s okay to drink coffee in the morning, but avoid it in the afternoon. Stay away from all sugary drinks (including fruit juice).
- Quality nutrients: Most of us don’t get the nutrients our bodies need. For fatigue, focus especially on B vitamins, CoQ10, and other nutrients for mitochondrial support (alpha lipoic acid, astaxanthin, selenium, and vitamin E).
- Regular exercise: Find some exercise you like to do and do it every day.
- Good sleeping habits: If you have problems sleeping, reach for calming herbs such as passionflower, chamomile, hops, and the sleep hormone, melatonin.
- Drugs: Avoid tobacco, alcohol and other illicit drugs. Work with your doctor to get off of prescription drugs that make you tired.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson
Written By Dr. Scott Olson
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Dr. Scott Olson exposes the most deadly diseases men tend to ignore and their warning signs.
Dr. Scott Olson explains how fixing your gut health can fix your heart problems in no time!
Dr. Scott Olson informs you about the little seed that makes a big change when it comes to fighting prostate cancer.
Dr. Scott Olson provides you with the simple solutions to clearing up cloudy eyes and giving you perfect vision.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the secret trick to unlocking a beautiful head of hair. And it starts with you!
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the cancer “cures” that are causing far more harm than good.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the simple secret to losing weight as you age.
Dr. Scott Olson explains the real reason you have brain fog and how you can banish it forever.
Dr. Scott Olson reveals the miracle oil that erases pain and adds tons of other health benefits to your life.