Do You Have These Blood Pressure Warning Signs?
Do you ever get mad enough to feel like you are going to blow a gasket?
We all do.
There are definitely times when we can feel our blood pressure climbing.
But most of the time, we have no idea when our blood pressure is high.
They call high blood pressure a “silent killer” because there are often no symptoms that there is a problem.
But high blood pressure isn’t completely silent. There are some warning signs you can watch out for, starting today.
And they can help you get a handle on the problem before it’s too late.
You’ve probably heard me say (more than once) how ridiculous blood cholesterol levels are… blood pressure, though, is a whole other animal.
High blood pressure will destroy your eyesight and kidneys, and increase your risk for stroke and heart attack.
Like I said, you often won’t know when your blood pressure is elevated.
But when blood pressure gets very high, there are dangerous symptoms you should look out for:
- Chest pain and headaches
- Painful buzzing in ears
- Nosebleeds, vision problems, pounding in your neck
Hopefully, you may never get to the point where your blood pressure is that high. If you are worried, measure blood pressure at home.
Let me show you how to reduce your blood pressure.
Dr. Scott’s Blood Pressure Control Program:
- Exercise: Good, consistent exercise is one of your best tools for keeping your blood pressure low.
- Vitamin C: There are scientists who speculate that high blood pressure is a form of scurvy (extremely low vitamin C). Your blood vessels need vitamin C to be healthy. Remember we are one of a few mammals who cannot produce their own vitamin C. Anyone who doesn’t supplement does not get enough of this vitamin, so add it to your list.
- CoQ10: This antioxidant/enzyme is found throughout our bodies and is used for energy production. Since our heart is one of the most energy-hungry organs in our bodies, it needs CoQ10. CoQ10 has been shown to lower inflammation, reduce blood clots, lower blood pressure and help prevent skipped beats (like arrhythmias or atrial fibrillation).
- Potassium: Potassium is needed throughout your body, but especially in your heart. Supplementing with potassium is not a good idea, this in one mineral you need to get in your food.
- Fish oil: EPA/DHA found in fish oil have long been shown to be heart healthy and help manage blood pressure. Take between one to three grams a day. Studies have shown that Omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish oil) can reduce heart disease by up to 52%. Fish oils work by reducing inflammation and softening up arteries so they stay flexible.
Health and Happiness,
Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Written By Dr. Scott Olson, ND
Nearly 25 years ago, failed mainstream medical treatments left Dr. Olson in constant pain – and his health in ruins. And that’s when he did something REVOLUTIONARY. He began his career in medicine – and dedicated his life to uncovering the true, underlying causes of disease.
Through his innovative medical practices in Tennessee and Colorado, Dr. Olson has helped cure countless seniors from across America of arthritis… heart disease… diabetes… and even cancer. All without risky prescription drugs or painful surgeries.
View More Free Articles
Ginseng is the very definition of an “ancient cure.” In fact, you can find the potent herb mentioned in 2,000-year-old Chinese books as a treatment for a wide range of illnesses. But what’s made ginseng stand the test of time… remaining nearly as popular TODAY as it was hundreds of years ago… is its apparent...
After every meal, millions of Americans pop a pill. Folks are convinced that proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) such as Prilosec or Nexium are necessary to head off heartburn. But what these drugs REALLY do is liable to shock you. To begin with, they block your body from properly digesting your food. But that’s just the...
Once you pass a certain age, the medical ads start haunting you. You find them shoved into your mailbox. Then they show up in your email. And you even start spotting them hovering in the corner of every website you visit. It seems EVERYONE is trying to sell you a drug to relieve your arthritis...
Our healthcare system has a fatal flaw. It’s set up to react to illness, NOT prevent it. So, doctors are stuck in a losing game of whack-a-mole. They spend all their energy and time scrambling to knock down symptoms. That means prescriptions for preventative care are virtually nonexistent. And that’s certainly the case with memory...
I was in a small grocery store in the mountains recently, and noticed that they had bone broth for sale. I thought, “Wow, we’ve come a long way!” And that’s a good thing. Here’s why… Bone broth used to be nearly impossible to find in modern-day grocery stores. But to eke out as much nutritional...
You can’t turn on the T.V. or flip through a newspaper anymore without seeing a new drug breakthrough they claim will FINALLY rid humanity of our aging brain issues. These medicines hit the market promising miracles. But it typically isn’t long before we start seeing their dark side. Meanwhile, a safe, natural remedy to boost...
“We’ve unfortunately had to put my 90-year-old mother in a home. I’m so worried she’s going to get sick (especially with COVID still around). Is there anything I can do to help protect her?” Sam from Prattville, AL Hi Sam, Your situation sounds familiar. My father is in a senior living center with about 300...
You have five primary senses: sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell. (The sixth one doesn’t count. Only your Aunt Mable claims that one.) But you’ve likely noticed that only your sight and hearing get tested when you visit the doctor. Your senses of taste, touch, and smell are almost entirely ignored. And ignoring one of...
People often ask me what’s the WORST thing for their health. Cigarettes, alcohol, and illegal drugs often pop to mind. But everyone KNOWS those things are bad. But there’s in fact, a popular “harmless” daily habit that has HUGE health consequences. And it can be every bit as bad as a cigarette or booze habit....
I have a foolproof plan for maintaining clear thinking and a steel-trap memory as you age. Ready to hear it? Stop plaques and tangles from building up in your brain. Unfortunately, it’s the perfect example of “Easy to say, but not so easy to do.” Or, it was until NOW. Because scientists have discovered a...